Temperature/Air Con

25 minutes ago, Astro_Nut said:

Have you got ANY IDEA how much heat one of those generates.  Those things are like blast furnaces :firedevil::stretcher:

I believe in the very very early days of Pink Floyd, they used to use one for a cool visual effect on stage. They would place oil on the top and heat from the lamp would make it move around, projecting some trippy moving colours over the band.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Diabolik said:

Just mentioning this so it gets to the attention of the powers that be - please, please, please ramp up the air con this year. I found last year to be a bit unbearable, though it seemed to improve at times when the air con must have been on full blast.

There’s  nothing worse than having paid all this money for photo shoots to look a sweaty mess because it’s sweltering hot. It can’t be nice for the guests either to have a lungful of BO.

We’re apparently having a heatwave this week so I’d hope the air con being on constantly is a given, thanks!

And when Robert England was there, I was in danger of close to passing out, due to how unbearable the heat was

1 hour ago, CrazyHorses said:

And when Robert England was there, I was in danger of close to passing out, due to how unbearable the heat was

I nearly passed out waiting for my Peter Capaldi photo.  Maybe that wasn't heat related though! :lol:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

i just remember scrolling the internet and coming across the article on it, think its meant to happen in the next few years 

Yeah jist googled.   Starts next year and hope fiedt sections reopen in 2023!!!      Talks of cinemas and roof top gardens etc.

8 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

There is a section about it on the Olympia website, the venue itself won't be affected by the redevelopment and will stay open

Yes you are right.  In my panic i never read them advising it was the new sections they talked about being ready for 2023.   Exciting then givren talks of cinemas and hotel  :)

14 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

Yeah and they'd probably book the guests in there.  Make it easier lol

Not necessarily. The onsite hotel at the NEC they use for guests at DST is not as expensive as you'd think. Mind you. It's not in London though.

5 hours ago, Diabolik said:

Except for John Barrowman posing for photos in the Captain Jack coat...

at least that's fairly short.  I had major kudos for the 'Allo 'Allo cast there last year signing all day in costume! 

2 minutes ago, fissijo said:

at least that's fairly short.  I had major kudos for the 'Allo 'Allo cast there last year signing all day in costume! 

Omg they were awesome!!!!     They all looked like they could have pretty much walked right on the set.   They all looked awesome!!!

6 hours ago, Ravogd said:

He’ll have done a lot worse. Have you any idea how hot studio lighting is?

I can imagine. My only experience is at an outdoor filming location in Italy and that was pretty warm. Shorts, T-shirt and hat day. Still, a terrific day. ^_^