Temperature/Air Con

Just mentioning this so it gets to the attention of the powers that be - please, please, please ramp up the air con this year. I found last year to be a bit unbearable, though it seemed to improve at times when the air con must have been on full blast.

There’s  nothing worse than having paid all this money for photo shoots to look a sweaty mess because it’s sweltering hot. It can’t be nice for the guests either to have a lungful of BO.

We’re apparently having a heatwave this week so I’d hope the air con being on constantly is a given, thanks!

You really don't need to post this Diabolik, they aren't going to be cost cutting on the AC but A, the ceilings in the auto area in particular are very low so it traps heat in, and B, with thousands of bodies in there all giving off heat there's only so much it can do. 

The AC will be on, it will still be very hot in places like the auto area, other higher ceilinged area's will be a bit cooler.

The air con is Always on and at max. Unfortunately it has its Limits.

I have absolutely no idea where the idea comes from that the air con is set low to save Money or god knows what. One year someone even claimed it had been locked with a padlock so no one could Change it, and another year someone swore Jason turned it off on Purpose.

Unfortunately Olympia is an older Building, and eventually the AC will not help anymore. The Auto area is especially affected because the celing is so low as Raylenth said.

• Haha 1

Thanks guys, don’t get me wrong I’m not suggesting any of those things, nor any deliberate attempt to save money, rather I thought there might be a tendency to not max the air con as to make the place cold for some people. If that were the case I’m just stating my case - the colder the better! ;)

13 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

Thanks guys, don’t get me wrong I’m not suggesting any of those things, nor any deliberate attempt to save money, rather I thought there might be a tendency to not max the air con as to make the place cold for some people. If that were the case I’m just stating my case - the colder the better! ;)

There is no tendency not to max the air con. Would make no sense whatsoever. In the morning when the Crew goes in I actually have needed a Sweater on Occasion.

8 minutes ago, Mark_the_Wookiee said:

Yeah, it has thursday as the hottest day, with fri, sat and sunday cooler and cloudy. They're predicting rain for the saturday…...i certainly hope so!

Yeah the rain is forecast when we're all waiting outside in the road to get in :thumbdown:

Going to rain all weekend and temps around the 20’s. But as Olympia works as a green house it can trap temps a few days after and on Thursday it will be around the mid 30’s. (acc to Heathrow Weather). As mentioned earlier Olympia got an older ac system so it will have a tough weekend. But I doubt it will be as it was last year, at least as on the Friday. The other two days was ok.

It’s going to rain. It’ll be the humidity that’ll be the problem. Nothing the AC can do about that. I demand Jason immediately purchases huge, industrial de-humidifiers for the entire Olympia or so help me I’m not coming!!

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

I hate the heat. It’s hard to make yourself comfortable. In the cold you can easily wrap yourself up to be nice and cosy.

This. Totally this. If I bump into you this weekend can you please explain this to my partner. She thinks I’m weird for thinking this.

Edited by Ravogd