Showmasters Event App Launched

Tried to use the app today. But almost all of the time not working.

Not even to look in my schedule.

Still no notifications.

Not using wifi. My own data.

And on android.

Don't know if more people had this.

Thought this might come in handy for makers off the app.

Hoping next time it will work better. 

Was a great idea. And fantastic if it works properly.

But had no use for it today:(

22 hours ago, Lemon said:

Hoping next time it will work better. 

Was a great idea. And fantastic if it works properly.

But had no use for it today:(

Yes it’s a great idea, and if it could be used to indicate signing status people wouldn’t have to force their way toward the front of the autograph area to see what number they are up to. 

Still, they have launched it at the deep end, at their biggest show  

would have been handy if they’d had the YALC guests too, they seem to stick very well to their schedule, just needed to grab hold of one  

Loved the app.. 

'My schedule' was really useful and it saved me making and printing one..... ok I still did that, but my point is next time I know I don't have to :) 

Surely with show masters top scientists on the case and the advances in micro chip technology, the app will go from strength to strength! :wacko:

I look forward to Android notifications working.  I'd read something on the forums here about an app notification that guests were on open queue -- and while this was a roundabout way of getting the information, it definitely prompted me to go get an auto.

This app came in very handy though the weekend, thanks for creating it. Just a few little bugs here and there for me, the main one being when I deleted someone from my schedule as I'd had the photoshoot or something, it would close the app...but that's just a slight niggle.

Also, will the app automatically update as each new LFCC comes around (eg: the winter one)? Or would we need to download a new version? And are the plans for them to be introduced for all cons or this one be expanded on?

One thing that would be great to add to it would be the comic panel stage agenda items. That schedule was only available each day on the day pinned outside the room, which meant my friend missed out on one they would have really wanted to go to. The scehdule posters were printed so must have been pre-agreed.

Add them to app, post them on the forum, even put all 3 days schedules outside the hall...it was just really weird that this stage was completely unadvertised. Even the star wars stage which was new this year was included in the app agenda. It was a shame to miss it.