Showmasters Event App Launched

Apologies to the admins if you have a post lined up for this. But to anyone else who has been on this forum for any length of time now, you'll know many of us post events have asked if it is possible to have an app to make things easier throughout each event.

It seems our requests have finally been answered, and I just wanted to be the first to say thanks SM for listening and delivering!:clap:

Edited by robmoriarty
  • Like 6

Going by the wording, and given I haven't looked at the app yet, it doesn't sound like they intend using it for updating about where queues have called to which might be a good thing given how many guests they have, notifications would be going off every second otherwise.

Just now, Raylenth said:

Going by the wording, and given I haven't looked at the app yet, it doesn't sound like they intend using it for updating about where queues have called to which might be a good thing given how many guests they have, notifications would be going off every second otherwise.

I agree. I didn’t think it would be for that either. Still it should have all the info everyone needs like faq’s and maps and schedules all in one place. 

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

As much as I would LOVE that feature, I can see it being very labor intensive, and people getting frustrated if the app misses a key notification.

I'm sort of glad they're starting small, and hopefully that's something they can add later once they've got all the current features up and running.

13 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

The official Facebook post does say "during the show you will be able to receive all the latest info, changes & exclusive competitions!". Might not do all updates, but some is better than nothing.

Edited by robmoriarty

Just now, Ravogd said:

Nice app. Very impressed so far. Now if only Olympia could spend a gajillion pounds on their wi-if infrastructure we’ll be laughing ;) 

The bonus being a foreigner, never had communication problems at Olympia, I pick up the strongest company automatically. My contract makes it cost the same as home in Sweden.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Broo said:

In the app, the Evening with Martin and Charlie Sheen is showing as being on Sunday, which is the incorrect day (unless it's been changed?). Figured this was worth mentioning.

I've reported your post Broo so they see it :lol: