Guest cancellation - ALEX KINGSTON

Just now, R4wly97 said:

Still saying yes :D

You are tempting me so much right now, especialy because there is another Con on the horizon I was trying to go to because of the (seemingly) better lineup. 

But now, they've got Kingston, Barrowman AND Coleman all there Sunday. Urgh.

Just now, fanowaty said:

You are tempting me so much right now, especialy because there is another Con on the horizon I was trying to go to because of the (seemingly) better lineup. 

But now, they've got Kingston, Barrowman AND Coleman all there Sunday. Urgh.

Do it you know you want to :lol:

43 minutes ago, Faerie Tanith said:

Not one for me, but I'm amazed she's only £35- every Doctor Who fan I know is nuts for River Song!

She’s been before though and hasn’t added a Marvel or Star Wars film to her credits. 

And it’s still an increase, she was what £20... £25? last time. So it’s still a reasonable increase. 

17 minutes ago, awag1607 said:

It's fine to be personally disappointed with the announcement but I'm honestly not sure where you are coming from about the cancellations.  Guests cancel, often right before the show as that's often when they get called back by studio's, have emergencies or new last min jobs come up and is something to be aware of when attending conventions and signing events.  Guests have cancelled on the day before because of a variety of reasons.  It happens to every event, and it will happen again at some pint.  We have been amazingly luck with the sheer lack of cancellations so far.

Edited by etmuse

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's fine to be personally disappointed with the announcement but I'm honestly not sure where you are coming from about the cancellations.  Guests cancel, often right before the show as that's often when they get called back by studio's, have emergencies or new last min jobs come up and is something to be aware of when attending conventions and signing events.  Guests have cancelled on the day before because of a variety of reasons.  It happens to every event, and it will happen again at some pint.  We have been amazingly luck with the sheer lack of cancellations so far.

Sonequa Martin Green and Doug Jones had to leave DST last year 3 hours earlier than planned as they got called back for re-shoots literally that afternoon. They were on the plane and away within hours. It can happen anytime.