Photographs

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:07 PM, CelticRob said:

Ask the crew member just before you step into the photo to tell the photographer Portrait, or just say "Portrait Please" to the photographer yourself.

Why have 1/4 of a celeb in a photo when you could have 3/4! :P

I've started doing Portrait over the last couple of years as well. Very occasionally the camera is on a stand and isn't able to but not that often. I did get told no last year in one photoshoot which I asked in and I've no idea why that would be other than to save a bit of time....though in the time it took to say no they could have turned the camera, lol.

24 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

It’s the way round they hold the camera, and therefore the way the picture comes out.

SvmBH.png

That makes sense. I suppose any native English speaker knows such stuff. So much to learn!!

16 minutes ago, Charmer said:

I've started doing Portrait over the last couple of years as well. Very occasionally the camera is on a stand and isn't able to but not that often. I did get told no last year in one photoshoot which I asked in and I've no idea why that would be other than to save a bit of time....though in the time it took to say no they could have turned the camera, lol.

just guessing, maybe its the printer thats preset to landscape so they dont have to think about changing anything during the day? 

5 minutes ago, paulo said:

just guessing, maybe its the printer thats preset to landscape so they dont have to think about changing anything during the day? 

Printers don’t work that way. They just print the picture they are given and don’t care about orientation.

3 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Printers don’t work that way. They just print the picture they are given and don’t care about orientation.

youre probably right , just based my comment on  my printer at work which offers up the option to print certain documents portrait / landscape or best fit and some a5 sheets need to have an advance setting to choose long side so it doesnt get cropped incorrectly

3 minutes ago, paulo said:

youre probably right , just based my comment on  my printer at work which offers up the option to print certain documents portrait / landscape or best fit and some a5 sheets need to have an advance setting to choose long side so it doesnt get cropped incorrectly

I get what you mean, but that's not the printer, that's how the information gets sent to the printer. The equivalent here is the photographer changing which way they hold the camera, so they don't need to change any other settings.

5 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Unfortunately, that is true. Humans are incapable of printing pictures.

Or even downloading.

I had quite the saga with my sister yesterday because she had visited Madame Tussaud's and afterwards was presented with a zip file of Pictures to download. ><

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I might regret asking this, but where do they come out of you? Do you produce your own ink or do you have to top yourself up?

Milk, milk, lemonade, around the corner is the waste ink overflow valve.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, CookieS said:

Thats so reassuring! Thank you! He sounds like great fun! 

Yeah he is... my first comment was going to be similar, if I would name one person I've seen the most doing wacky poses in the photo shoots over the last few years (at any con in general) it's Jason.

5 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

From asking for a picture to be less zoomed in to this. In less than 2 pages :lol:

If there's one thing you should know it's that we can ruin something very very quickly.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Haha 4