Photographs

You can try and ask the photographer as you go up, but they might not be able as they have things already set up and need to get everyone through as fast as possible. One idea might be to ask for them to take the picture portrait, which is easy to ask for and will show more of you and the guest?

I usually get mines portrait automatically but thats because i am tiny and need to get me and guest in.   Sometimes  the guests come down a bit to my level and they can get a normal close photo which i actually prefer to longer shots.

26 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

I usually get mines portrait automatically but thats because i am tiny and need to get me and guest in.   Sometimes  the guests come down a bit to my level and they can get a normal close photo which i actually prefer to longer shots.

I am kind of average..tall in some countries .. 1.86m but I "dread" the photo session with Ian Whyte, he is 2:17m :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I am kind of average..tall in some countries .. 1.86m but I "dread" the photo session with Ian Whyte, he is 2:17m :lol:

When i say i am tiny i mean tiny. I am only 4'7   lol     lots of guests sre great and do a great phose which means photo still portrait/close.   Jason Mamoas shoot last year was funny lol and dolph Lungren  ahahaha

16 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I have a photo with Ian Whyte from a few years ago. I'm 4'11 and I look like a dwarf next to him. Really nice guy though!

• Haha 1

Just now, CelticRob said:

Ask the crew member just before you step into the photo to tell the photographer Portrait, or just say "Portrait Please" to the photographer yourself.

Why have 1/4 of a celeb in a photo when you could have 3/4! :P

Or I believe it's accepted to also do an 'uppy downy' hand motion to the photog at the same time as you ask.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HeartDT said:

When i say i am tiny i mean tiny. I am only 4'7   lol     lots of guests sre great and do a great phose which means photo still portrait/close.   Jason Mamoas shoot last year was funny lol and dolph Lungren  ahahaha

I have been told that the best usually comes in small packages. ^_^ 

• Like 1

Sorry if this has already been asked, but i have a dilemma and while im not a con newbie im hoping some of the more confident attendees can help me...

How do you go about asking a guest to do a pose for a photo? I always feel like you dont have much time during a photo op and i know that ill feel hurried and bumble over my words and probably make a huge fool of myself. Obviously something i dont want to do! 

So my husband and i have a running joke about me meeting jason moma and how "ill run off with him" LOL so i thought it would be funny to do a pose with maybe one hand on his chest and one leg up wrapped round him (if that makes sense,its so hard to describe poses lol) do you think this would be too much/cheeky/embarrassing??? Or if you think hed also find this funny (ive seen in other peoples photos that hes quite game for a laugh) how do i ask him to do this without sounding creepy/idiotic and going as red as a beetroot? And how do i do this in the limited time frame that we have?

Im way more stressed about this than i should be,can you tell? 

Best thing to do would be find a photo of the pose you want, and either print it out or have it on your phone ready for your turn with the guest. Then show them and ask ‘is it ok if we do this?’

I did this with Billie Piper for the Doctor Who dvd cover of her and Tennant back to back and she automatically knew what I wanted and was like ‘yes! Let’s do it!’

still, photos are rushed, but if you’re prepared, you’ve got a good chance of it happening. 

8 minutes ago, D4vem88 said:

Best thing to do would be find a photo of the pose you want, and either print it out or have it on your phone ready for your turn with the guest. Then show them and ask ‘is it ok if we do this?’

I did this with Billie Piper for the Doctor Who dvd cover of her and Tennant back to back and she automatically knew what I wanted and was like ‘yes! Let’s do it!’

still, photos are rushed, but if you’re prepared, you’ve got a good chance of it happening. 

Thats a good idea, thank you! Im super nervous, which i havnt been before with any other guest! 

Unless Jason has had a 180 Degree Turnaround since I met him last he is very easygoing and definitely up for funny Pictures, even often initiates the fun pose.

I can't promise you won't be as red as a beetroot - it's happened to me before too - but I do promise he won't have you removed by security. ;) 

Visual aid like a photo definitely helps. Normally I Always say "talk fast", but of Course that's easier said than done while you are nervous.

18 minutes ago, D4vem88 said:

If possible, the printed picture option is better than one on your phone as you're not supposed to have phones out in the shoot area and you don't want to be made even more flustered by having to defend yourself to a steward.

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Unless Jason has had a 180 Degree Turnaround since I met him last he is very easygoing and definitely up for funny Pictures, even often initiates the fun pose.

I can't promise you won't be as red as a beetroot - it's happened to me before too - but I do promise he won't have you removed by security. ;) 

Visual aid like a photo definitely helps. Normally I Always say "talk fast", but of Course that's easier said than done while you are nervous.

Thats so reassuring! Thank you! He sounds like great fun! 

3 minutes ago, natedammit said:

If possible, the printed picture option is better than one on your phone as you're not supposed to have phones out in the shoot area and you don't want to be made even more flustered by having to defend yourself to a steward.

Thats a fair point, hadnt thought of that! 

14 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

With Jason M.. just follow the music, heavy metal..hard rock wherever he goes. :D But he is cool at photos..and signing.

Not only at photos and signing. Anyone else remember that skit from the Chevron Event he attended? :lol: