pre order query

Hi Guy's/Gal's,

Was about to pre order a Martin Sheen Apoc Now photo but wanted to confirm what happens if they send you a photo you didn't want signed?

Only want one form this movie as its one of my favs, I ordered a DR Strange one in the past and got a different one back in the post Be it the same film so wasn't bothered.

2nd question, Has anyone had send in stuff that had other signature's on lost in the post before?

I ask as I have something for Kilmer to sign but its got some dead signatures on (If I May be so Blunt).:(

Regards

9 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Hi Guy's/Gal's,

Was about to pre order a Martin Sheen Apoc Now photo but wanted to confirm what happens if they send you a photo you didn't want signed?

Only want one form this movie as its one of my favs, I ordered a DR Strange one in the past and got a different one back in the post Be it the same film so wasn't bothered.

2nd question, Has anyone had send in stuff that had other signature's on lost in the post before?

I ask as I have something for Kilmer to sign but its got some dead signatures on (If I May be so Blunt).:(

Regards

There’s nothing you can do. The photos can run out so if that’s the case they’ll have to just give you another one.

Every time you send something in the post there is a risk. Nothing Showmasters can do about that

1) If you get back a different photo to which you ordered, then usually one of two things has occurred. Either a mistake picking the photo, or far more likely that particular one has run out and a substitute was chosen instead. Unfortunately there aren't infinite quantities of each photo, and the organisers can only estimate how many of each people will pick up on the table to use, in addition to knowing the pre-order amounts.

2) Send it in tracked and insured, and request the same for the return. I've never had something lost but a couple of folks I know have, but not coming back from SM.

Personally I wouldn’t send something that had irreplaceable signatures on it because all the post office can do is insure it up to whatever value you tell them it is when they post it (see special delivery on the Royal Mail website for details). You’ll get the cash value but you’ll never get the signatures again. As is always the case for these things they are sent at your risk. There is always a risk of loss/damage however small there is still a chance so it’s personal preference whether to do it or not.

Edited by Ravogd

Also keep in mind you are only insured for items lost in the post. The pre order website is pretty clear about accepting no responsibility for lost items. They lost a dvd sleeve I had sent in which luckily was not signed already and I received a signed 8x10 so the damage was limited but I will think twice about sending valuable (i.e. signed) items now although I have done this in the past without any issues.

51 minutes ago, CrazyHorses said:

I have wondered why some actors, who have cancelled are still showing up to pre-order, surely it could look like they are still attending

I only see Charles Dance, who was apparently missed. We do have humans working on the shop, nobody's perfect.

Daniel Portman has been removed.

Those are the two latest cancellations. Is there someone I am overlooking who was also missed?

EDIT: I missed Lotte Verbeek and Malin Ackerman who I also have reported. If I am overlooking someone else please let me know.

EDIT 2: JasonG informed me that orders for the cancelled guests still listed will not go through, payment will automatically be rejected.

On 7/18/2019 at 3:04 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

I only see Charles Dance, who was apparently missed. We do have humans working on the shop, nobody's perfect.

Daniel Portman has been removed.

Those are the two latest cancellations. Is there someone I am overlooking who was also missed?

EDIT: I missed Lotte Verbeek and Malin Ackerman who I also have reported. If I am overlooking someone else please let me know.

EDIT 2: JasonG informed me that orders for the cancelled guests still listed will not go through, payment will automatically be rejected.

Katee Sackhoff is still there