What are you getting/what did you get signed?

19 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Yeah, I figured the black would help to make the signatures stand out, and there's plenty of room around the logo for signatures. My aim is to get as many main characters on there as I can. Of course I will keep spaces open for Hamill and Ford when SM announce them for next year's event. :lol:

Regarding the size, is A2 too large for the signing tables? It's probably a daft question, but I don't want to make a scene trying to get the poster on the desk for signing, you know? I've never tried to get a poster this large signed before, so do you think I'd have that problem?

I have a load of A2 posters, and one even larger and don’t have any problems. My advice is to get a carry case that will keep them flat, that way they don’t get as damaged as they can do putting them in, and taking them out of poster tubes, although they are more of a pain to carry in a con crowd. I think it’s worth it though.

• Thanks 1

Most of mine will be 8 by 10. Then I have two dvd covers to be signed. Emilie se ravin - lost dvd cover, Matthew lillard- without a paddle dvd cover. Trying to also decide if I should pull out my dvd cover for back to the future

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Captain Lucas said:

Well I have two quite rare ones:

Fall of Rome Prequel Platinum Foil Edition (Limited to 850 copies)

Fall of Rome #1 Gold Foil Edition (Limited to 500 copies)

Then I have a couple of the more recent BOOM mini-series, Daniel Jackson and Vala Maldoran.

Obvious question that raises is, do I get an issue of the series named after Daniel Jackson signed or one of the more rare comics which do have his face on the cover, but only as one of the team and not the main player?

Nice, I didn't know about the Boom ones as I stopped collecting them a while ago but I have a copy of all the first 3 comics (and there are a lot of them with all the alternative covers) and I have one of all the really rare ones so I have some that are limited to 100.  Simple answer is 'both' but if you can only do one, personally I'd get the rare one signed.  I don't think it matters if you get the one named after him or the team one signed as he is a main in the team one.

8 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Regarding the Star Wars poster I'm getting for Billy Dee Williams to sign, I'm hoping to start a multi-signed piece of Star Wars cast, hence why I chose the poster which I have. My question is, is A2 large enough? 

Here's an image of the one I'm going to get, I just need to decide on the size. I figured if I keep it simple there'd be plenty of room for signing on it. What do you all think?

Capture

A2 is fine, as Wrong says there are plenty out there that are larger, and though I don't have to take it anywhere often my Doctor Strange one is a Cinema Quad so it's huge and that's ok.  There are easy ways to deal with space issue if it's a concern, if you roll the poster you can only unroll the bit they are signing and if you keep it flat you can put it on the table sideways and they can sign it from that angle and it'll take up less space.

And yes colour wise, simple is the best.  Some colourful pictures are worth the effort of finding pens that work with it but having a monochrome signing space is marvelous, you really can't understate the relief of having an easy to match signing area.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ravogd said:

Now the dilemma. Below is disc 4 of the Dr Who 50th Anniversary collectors edition box set. Disc 1 is Matt Smith (signed), 2 is Tennant (signed) 3 is McGann (signed) and since I obviously can't get John Hurt I got Steven Moffat to sign his disc. It looks great one signature per disc so I can't decide whether to get Jenna Coleman to sign above Steven or get another series box signed altogether.

How about you get Jenna to sign the box that the discs come in?

1 hour ago, mpharris said:

How about you get Jenna to sign the box that the discs come in?

It doesn’t really work because the front is clear Perspex so it shows the front of disc 1 through it and the back is almost completely text. Thanks for the suggestion though.

16 minutes ago, paulo said:

thanks ,took me three goes and it worked , then it dissappeared :blush:

Just a heads up that it's the kind of item I'd say to make sure you have a back up just in case.  And it turns out I might be the only one who can see it as when I copied the link to Google the image, the image doesn't appear :huh:

Edited by Raylenth

31 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Just a heads up that it's the kind of item I'd say to make sure you have a back up just in case.  And it turns out I might be the only one who can see it as when I copied the link to Google the image, the image doesn't appear :huh:

I can't see the image on here, but it works as a link to take me to the image. I have studied it long and hard to see if I think she would have any issues signing it. Still not sure, might have another little look.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, natedammit said:

I can't see the image on here, but it works as a link to take me to the image. I have studied it long and hard to see if I think she would have any issues signing it. Still not sure, might have another little look.

Don't know what you're seeing but when I click on the link I see this. 

stripper-male-gif-3.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I can see it when I click on the link, and agree that it would be wise to bring a back-up choice just in case :)