What are you getting/what did you get signed?

38 minutes ago, Fishfood29 said:

I'm going to get my first pop vinyl signed by Vladimir Furdik this time. Could anyone recommend an ideal pen to use for this? Thank you :D 

My partner uses paint pens for her Pops as they are easy to colour coordinate. Melissandre is a Sharpie pen and The Night King is Posca. They work very well on the plastic of Pops and dry fairly quickly. We usually only need 5-10 minutes to be certain it's OK to put back in the bag. They don't work so well on the card of the Pop so it depends on where you want the signature. Apologies for the photobucket watermark. I’m in the process of changing photo storage provider.8193a5c9-cb30-4ba9-b42d-0d5ef796e555-ori

Edited by Ravogd
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Diabolik said:

Raylenth, I love your Star Trek into Darkness poster, surprised you’ve not got it signed by BC though?

I know, kind of ironic isn't it especially if he's the only one I never get on it, I only started it after his last event and he hasn't been back since :laugh:

2 hours ago, Ravogd said:

My partner uses paint pens for her Pops as they are easy to colour coordinate. Melissandre is a Sharpie pen and The Night King is Posca. They work very well on the plastic of Pops and dry fairly quickly. We usually only need 5-10 minutes to be certain it's OK to put back in the bag. They don't work so well on the card of the Pop so it depends on where you want the signature. Apologies for the photobucket watermark. I’m in the process of changing photo storage provider.8193a5c9-cb30-4ba9-b42d-0d5ef796e555-ori

Thank you! I don't want to ruin my first signed pop so sharpie it is then :dance:

1 hour ago, Fishfood29 said:

Thank you! I don't want to ruin my first signed pop so sharpie it is then :dance:

I would also add sharpie paint pens in gold and silver can be very hit or miss. I also get mine in blue/red/yellow and must be oil base. If you want to use silver I’d recommend Pentel paint pen. 

23 hours ago, Ravogd said:

It doesn’t really work because the front is clear Perspex so it shows the front of disc 1 through it and the back is almost completely text. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Really, the back of mine is a big picture?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, mpharris said:

Really, the back of mine is a big picture?

Looking again you are correct. I hadn't looked at the back for a while and had assumed it was where all the writing is but it's on that little card that the box slips into. I might do that then but I am always wary to get the outside of boxes signed because they can get worn/damaged easier than when they are inside the box.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Looking again you are correct. I hadn't looked at the back for a while and had assumed it was where all the writing is but it's on that little card that the box slips into. I might do that then but I am always wary to get the outside of boxes signed because they can get worn/damaged easier than when they are inside the box.

It might be a load of hassle finding the right size and then fitting it on your shelf, but...……...in cases like this, it you are going to get the outside signed and need to protect it from scraping, it might be worth investing in a Perspex display case, you can get them from loads of places, ASoSS who do the photo frame upgrades at events have some on their site, you can get them on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IGUU44S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, there's tons of shapes and sizes out there, but it will keep your signed stuff safe, and dust free!  they aren't acid free, but as long as you get a size big enough so it's not touching, the auto's should be fine.

Edited by Raylenth

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

It might be a load of hassle finding the right size and then fitting it on your shelf, but...……...in cases like this, it you are going to get the outside signed and need to protect it from scraping, it might be worth investing in a Perspex display case, you can get them from loads of places, ASoSS who do the photo frame upgrades at events have some on their site, you can get them on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IGUU44S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1, there's tons of shapes and sizes out there, but it will keep your signed stuff safe, and dust free!

Thanks Raylenth. I do need to look at this for other boxes I have already. 

I wont be there this year, so everything's being done via post. 

Christina Ricci and Ian McDiarmid on the  Sleepy Hollow poster 
Michael Shanks to finish off the  Stargate pilot promotional photo
Walter Koenig on the ST:Generations poster.
Gina Torres and Adam Baldwin on the Serenity  poster. 

Ill post pics on here one day - I need to get a photo posting account thingy. That's the problem with having no social media presence!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tom Beaker said:

I wont be there this year, so everything's being done via post. 

Christina Ricci and Ian McDiarmid on the  Sleepy Hollow poster 
Michael Shanks to finish off the  Stargate pilot promotional photo
Walter Koenig on the ST:Generations poster.
Gina Torres and Adam Baldwin on the Serenity  poster. 

Ill post pics on here one day - I need to get a photo posting account thingy. That's the problem with having no social media presence!!

I don’t use social media either. Absolutely hate it but you can setup a free online storage cloud for photos easy enough. There are many out there. I personally use photobucket (for now).

I have always regretted not starting my autograph collections on posters instead of individual 8x10s but now I am at the start of a collection for Good Omens and the thought of carrying the huge Good Omens TV Companion book to every Con from now on is exhausting... I am properly conflicted. :angel:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DahliaDarling said:

I have always regretted not starting my autograph collections on posters instead of individual 8x10s but now I am at the start of a collection for Good Omens and the thought of carrying the huge Good Omens TV Companion book to every Con from now on is exhausting... I am properly conflicted. :angel:

I feel your pain. I have a large horror book to carry around ( only taking it Friday). It will be worth it when I have a lot of autographs in it. 

No pain, no gain.  :D

• Like 2

This thread.  I (still) haven't figured which autographs I want to get, but I'm largely making those decisions based on cool items I have which might be cooler with autographs.

Like that set of "Enterprise Blueprints" we bought back in the 1970s.

Or (if I can figure out where I put it) that original "Back to the Future" press kit.

Sigh.  I am old and cannot find things.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Friday:

A Cure for Wellness quad and Event Horizon poster for Jason Isaacs

The Faculty Poster and my 8x10 for Robert Patrick

His 4 Friday 13th movie posters and his Autobiography for Kane Hodder

Friday 13th Part VI Poster for CJ Graham

American Werewolf steelbook for David Naughton

Saturday:

Large publicity photo for Christina Ricci

Rules of Attraction quad for Ian Somerhalder