What are you getting/what did you get signed?

22 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Aggh, it's still pretty even on the voting! 

One more for here. I get your dilemma though but since the alternative is get the script she was in then get everyone already signed to sign that one too I’d just go for it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

Ayes are winning :thumbup:

Which would you regret more, getting it signed and then thinking "Hm maybe I didn't need to get that" or not getting it signed, wishing you could have, and potentially waiting years for another opportunity to do so.

1 minute ago, natedammit said:

£55.

No.

There seems to be some noise coming from the peanut gallery?

Just now, Broo said:

Which would you regret more, getting it signed and then thinking "Hm maybe I didn't need to get that" or not getting it signed, wishing you could have, and potentially waiting years for another opportunity to do so.

Wise advice Scotch Mum, thank you

Lee Majors probably just an 8x10

Leslie Easterbrook Police Academy Blu-ray (yes I'm the guy that bought it)

Val Kilmer Batman Forever Blu-Ray

Martin Sheen - My late Mother's aforementioned ceramic tile:

20e93332-4a4b-4336-bae8-a7671667fc77-ori

Ethan Phillips and Robert Picardo Voyager poster:

2501d6ad-7542-49b0-9c8a-7796cbe2763e-ori

Now the dilemma. Below is disc 4 of the Dr Who 50th Anniversary collectors edition box set. Disc 1 is Matt Smith (signed), 2 is Tennant (signed) 3 is McGann (signed) and since I obviously can't get John Hurt I got Steven Moffat to sign his disc. It looks great one signature per disc so I can't decide whether to get Jenna Coleman to sign above Steven or get another series box signed altogether.

352a01bd-a8ce-48dc-9e88-12c2b03f827e-ori

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

Lee Majors probably just an 8x10

Leslie Easterbrook Police Academy Blu-ray (yes I'm the guy that bought it)

Val Kilmer Batman Forever Blu-Ray

Martin Sheen - My late Mother's aforementioned ceramic tile:

20e93332-4a4b-4336-bae8-a7671667fc77-ori

Ethan Phillips and Robert Picardo Voyager poster:

2501d6ad-7542-49b0-9c8a-7796cbe2763e-ori

Now the dilemma. Below is disc 4 of the Dr Who 50th Anniversary collectors edition box set. Disc 1 is Matt Smith (signed), 2 is Tennant (signed) 3 is McGann (signed) and since I obviously can't get John Hurt I got Steven Moffat to sign his disc. It looks great one signature per disc so I can't decide whether to get Jenna Coleman to sign above Steven or get another series box signed altogether.

I'm sure that will look fantastic once Martin has signed it, and the Trek poster is looking great. :thumbup:

As for the Doctor Who blu ray, if it were me, I'd keep them as one signature per thing, and get Jenna to sign something different, but if you decide differently then definitely do what you think would be better. :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

It's a tricky one but I think Dalek is right and get something else to match - the problem with DVD covers is they are so small and with all the blurb on the back and the titles you don't actually have much signing space and it's really easy for the auto's to either cover up the art or for the 2 to blend together and it can look a bit of a mess visually.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

It's a tricky one but I think Dalek is right and get something else to match - the problem with DVD covers is they are so small and with all the blurb on the back and the titles you don't actually have much signing space and it's really easy for the auto's to either cover up the art or for the 2 to blend together and it can look a bit of a mess visually.

That was my thinking. I like the way it looks right now but Jenna WAS the companion during the 50th and it would complete the main cast so that’s why I though I might go for it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

That was my thinking. I like the way it looks right now but Jenna WAS the companion during the 50th and it would complete the main cast so that’s why I though I might go for it.

If you got her on the Hurt one, if it was just above and to the left of Moffats it might be OK or turn it on it's side and have her sign from bottom to mid near the spine in the bit that's just background

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

That Voyager poster is gorgeous. I first watched that show in something like 1998 and I still love it!

I can't honestly think of many specific items I own that I could get autographed so I'll probably just go with the prints avaliable at the show. Michael Shanks is the one possible exception as I do have one or two fairly rare Stargate comics buried somewhere. Half tempted to get Martin Kove to sign my Karate Kid DVD though.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Captain Lucas said:

Michael Shanks is the one possible exception as I do have one or two fairly rare Stargate comics buried somewhere. 

Ohh which ones out of interest, I think I've got most of them :lol:

Well I have two quite rare ones:

Fall of Rome Prequel Platinum Foil Edition (Limited to 850 copies)

Fall of Rome #1 Gold Foil Edition (Limited to 500 copies)

Then I have a couple of the more recent BOOM mini-series, Daniel Jackson and Vala Maldoran.

Obvious question that raises is, do I get an issue of the series named after Daniel Jackson signed or one of the more rare comics which do have his face on the cover, but only as one of the team and not the main player?

• Like 1

Regarding the Star Wars poster I'm getting for Billy Dee Williams to sign, I'm hoping to start a multi-signed piece of Star Wars cast, hence why I chose the poster which I have. My question is, is A2 large enough? 

Here's an image of the one I'm going to get, I just need to decide on the size. I figured if I keep it simple there'd be plenty of room for signing on it. What do you all think?

Capture

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Regarding the Star Wars poster I'm getting for Billy Dee Williams to sign, I'm hoping to start a multi-signed piece of Star Wars cast, hence why I chose the poster which I have. My question is, is A2 large enough? 

Here's an image of the one I'm going to get, I just need to decide on the size. I figured if I keep it simple there'd be plenty of room for signing on it. What do you all think?

Capture

Yeah best to keep it simple. Too much detail and signatures can get lost. The dark background will be great for standard gold/silver sharpies too. A2 is more than big enough assuming you really want to get as many as you can. Just keep a spot in the middle for when Showmasters finally get Harrison :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Yeah best to keep it simple. Too much detail and signatures can get lost. The dark background will be great for standard gold/silver sharpies too. A2 is more than big enough assuming you really want to get as many as you can. Just keep a spot in the middle for when Showmasters finally get Harrison :lol:

Yeah, I figured the black would help to make the signatures stand out, and there's plenty of room around the logo for signatures. My aim is to get as many main characters on there as I can. Of course I will keep spaces open for Hamill and Ford when SM announce them for next year's event. :lol:

Regarding the size, is A2 too large for the signing tables? It's probably a daft question, but I don't want to make a scene trying to get the poster on the desk for signing, you know? I've never tried to get a poster this large signed before, so do you think I'd have that problem?

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1