Gold Pass £10 Autos

I read that the Gold Pass comes with two free £10 autos from guests selected by SM. Are we told in advance who those guests will be or is it a surprise at the event. I'd be very disappointed if we don't find out until the event because then I wouldn't be able to bring anything for them to sign (unless they're already on my list), which would be a waste.

4 minutes ago, DavidSimons said:

I read that the Gold Pass comes with two free £10 autos from guests selected by SM. Are we told in advance who those guests will be or is it a surprise at the event. I'd be very disappointed if we don't find out until the event because then I wouldn't be able to bring anything for them to sign (unless they're already on my list), which would be a waste.

In the past, you got two £10 vouchers that you could use on any of the £10 guests.

Edit: I do see that it states that SM will choose these guests 2 weeks before the show. My guess would be that there could be some guests that the vouchers may not be used on for some reason, but hopefully SM will make it clear.

Edited by Wrong Name

37 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

In the past, you got two £10 vouchers that you could use on any of the £10 guests.

Edit: I do see that it states that SM will choose these guests 2 weeks before the show. My guess would be that there could be some guests that the vouchers may not be used on for some reason, but hopefully SM will make it clear.

I was surprised that we couldn't pick our own guests for the £10 auto. I do want a few of he £10 guests and there are some others that I have things I could get signed, but if I don't know in advance there's a chance I won't get anything. The site says SM will decide two weeks out. Not that they'll tell us :firedevil:

3 minutes ago, DavidSimons said:

I was surprised that we couldn't pick our own guests for the £10 auto. I do want a few of he £10 guests and there are some others that I have things I could get signed, but if I don't know in advance there's a chance I won't get anything. The site says SM will decide two weeks out. Not that they'll tell us :firedevil:

As I say, hopefully someone will see this and clear things up as my understanding was Thant it could be any of the £10 guests. If SM do choose them, I can see them giving you a selection to choose from, rather than telling you which exact ones you have to get.

It sounds like it’s similar to the commander/ lieutenant / captain packages they use at DST. With them you get an email before the show telling you who your £x guests and photos are with and your pass actually has the names on them so they can clip it once you’ve used them. They do choose them for you and it’s non-negotionable or changeable, just luck of the draw. No idea if this is happening here but it could be similar to this.

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

It sounds like it’s similar to the commander/ lieutenant / captain packages they use at DST. With them you get an email before the show telling you who your £x guests and photos are with and your pass actually has the names on them so they can clip it once you’ve used them. They do choose them for you and it’s non-negotionable or changeable, just luck of the draw. No idea if this is happening here but it could be similar to this.

That works for a show like DST, as they are all Trek guests and if you're there you are likely to be a fan of most guests (I know, people don't like all versions, but there is a much better chance). In a show like LFCC, the guests are from a wide variety of franchises so chances are you may not want to meet who you are assigned. This also seems like more work and organisation needed from SM to do this, (and I'm not saying that they wouldn't) but I don't see why they would change to that method when there were very little complaints about the old one as far as I could see.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

That works for a show like DST, as they are all Trek guests and if you're there you are likely to be a fan of most guests (I know, people don't like all versions, but there is a much better chance). In a show like LFCC, the guests are from a wide variety of franchises so chances are you may not want to meet who you are assigned. This also seems like more work and organisation needed from SM to do this, (and I'm not saying that they wouldn't) but I don't see why they would change to that method when there were very little complaints about the old one as far as I could see.

That’s true. I’m just guessing based on the seemingly very specific way it has been worded as it sounds identical to the way it’s worded for this. I don’t know why they’d change it either. I get what you mean about the franchise thing too but if you check out the DST forums after the announcements come out people get pretty stroppy about who they get (6 different shows and counting), plus if you attend often there is every likelihood that you are filling in the gaps in your collection and (as happened with me last time) you end up with people you already have. Shouldn’t be too long now as we are under 2 weeks to go.

Just now, Raylenth said:

If it helps, they had the wording about selecting the guests you could use them on last year as well, and I'm not sure they ever did limit them to certain guests only

It’ll probably be the same again then. It definitely makes a lot more sense to just have a couple of vouchers.

13 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

If it helps, they had the wording about selecting the guests you could use them on last year as well, and I'm not sure they ever did limit them to certain guests only

Yeah I had gold last year, i'm sure we could just use them on any £10 guest