Entry points and pass collection

9 minutes ago, dreximgirl said:

Thank you! I thought so but then the bit about the pink line in the original post confused me.  Appreciate your assistance xx

Can you say where it says that?  The new post only refers to yellow in relation to Yalc and I can't see any references to pink outside of the LFCC stuff?

YALC

Olympia Main Reception – Entrance F on Hammersmith Road (yellow line)

EXTRA HELP

If you require extra help there will be registration points in each main entrance. So if you have a YALC ticket and need extra help go to the YALC entrance (Yellow line).

This might sound like a really stupid question but... if the queue is outside the loading hall for GA will it be snaking the direction shown by the arrow on the map on page 1? (The reason I ask is one time we went round the "wrong way" as such and had to walk the length of the queue as well as half around the building).  So like, turn right out the tube station and join queue?

Edited by fissijo

2 minutes ago, fissijo said:

This might sound an really stupid question but... if the queue is outside the loading hall for GA will it be snaking the direction shown by the arrow on the map on page 1? (The reason I ask is one time we went round the "wrong way" as such and had to walk the length of the queue as well as half around the building).  So like, turn right out the tube station and join queue?

Maybe. Last year the queue started at the train station, there were a bunch of barriers making the queue up and down Olympia Way, then the queue went around the building to the right.

Edited by Wrong Name

Just now, fissijo said:

This might sound an really stupid question but... if the queue is outside the loading hall for GA will it be snaking the direction shown by the arrow on the map on page 1? (The reason I ask is one time we went round the "wrong way" as such and had to walk the length of the queue as well as half around the building).  So like, turn right out the tube station and join queue?

Not necessarily, the line is just to show how to get from the station to the Entry Hall and is not related to queueing.  I guess we will see on the day which way they queue people.  I don't think we will know before hand which direction they will send people in.

1 minute ago, fissijo said:

This might sound like a really stupid question but... if the queue is outside the loading hall for GA will it be snaking the direction shown by the arrow on the map on page 1? (The reason I ask is one time we went round the "wrong way" as such and had to walk the length of the queue as well as half around the building).  So like, turn right out the tube station and join queue?

That depends on what security has set up. I am not sure we will have this Information before the day.

3 hours ago, VikingGrrrl said:

All LFCC ticket holders enters through red X. All YALC ticket holders enters through yellow X.

really earning my "expert at stupid questions." title this con lol

My apologies if these questions are daft, this will be my first-ever comic con and first time outside the USA and I'm equal parts excited, nervous, and somewhat in disbelief that I'm actually going:

1) The dog tags that are mentioned in the Diamond Pass descriptions... are those the Diamond Passes themselves? If not, what do they look like? I originally thought that the ticket I printed out from Eventbrite's website after I bought the DP was the DP itself.
2) How much time would I be saving by picking up my Jenna Diamond Pass on Thurs. or Fri? Is there typically a long queue to pick them up on show days?
3) I am in Diamond Batch 1 for Jenna on Saturday. Do guests start signing right after the show opens each day? Do you have any idea of what time Diamond Batch 1 would be called? I have an errand to run that morning so I might not be able to queue early at the venue, but I'd like to be there when my batch is called.

1) The Print Out is the voucher you Need to pick up the physical Diamond Pass, which is basically the dog tag.

2) No one can tell. Depends on when you go on Show days, you might find a very short line then too.

3) The Goal is to have the guests there by Opening or shortly thereafter. You can go any time after your Batch has been called, if you have an errand to run no harm done.

21 minutes ago, docta81 said:

1) The dog tags that are mentioned in the Diamond Pass descriptions... are those the Diamond Passes themselves? If not, what do they look like? I originally thought that the ticket I printed out from Eventbrite's website after I bought the DP was the DP itself.

Just for info Docta, this is what they have looked like at previous events

P_20180311_143530P_20180311_143620

There will be little symbols on them (where the holes are) that indicate each included activity (auto/phot) that the crew will punch when you have done that activity.  The design will be a bit different for this year but I'd imagine it will be essentially the same as they have been in the past.

9 minutes ago, docta81 said:

^^ Thank you!

The lanyard is my own..but this is what they look like, the Diamond Pass. This one is from LCC Spring with "Batch 1" on it. Just like we will see at LFCC. At LCC Spring they did not hand out lanyards so I suggest you bring one with you. The card is about the size of the palm of your hand.

67584508_10219484853934938_3383320479803

20 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Just for info Docta, this is what they have looked like at previous events

There will be little symbols on them (where the holes are) that indicate each included activity (auto/phot) that the crew will punch when you have done that activity.  The design will be a bit different for this year but I'd imagine it will be essentially the same as they have been in the past.

Any excuse to get the Cumberbatch 001 pass on show again :lol:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Any excuse to get the Cumberbatch 001 pass on show again :lol:

If you're saying I do in fact have other examples of the dog tags I could use but that I have specifically chosen to use that one, well...………………...I have nothing to add my good Sir!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, docta81 said:

My apologies if these questions are daft, this will be my first-ever comic con and first time outside the USA and I'm equal parts excited, nervous, and somewhat in disbelief that I'm actually going:

2) How much time would I be saving by picking up my Jenna Diamond Pass on Thurs. or Fri? Is there typically a long queue to pick them up on show days?
3) I am in Diamond Batch 1 for Jenna on Saturday. Do guests start signing right after the show opens each day? Do you have any idea of what time Diamond Batch 1 would be called? I have an errand to run that morning so I might not be able to queue early at the venue, but I'd like to be there when my batch is called.

1) As people have photo shown, don't really need to answer this one, but you need to go collect from the Grand Hall entrance, which is the one facing the train station.

2) Some. If the queues I saw to collect DP at the start of Saturday for the spring show was anything to go by, I'd say definitely collect them the day before if possible. I'll be picking my Saturday DP up at some point late on during the Friday.

3) Guests start signing from whenever they turn up. When that is isn't guaranteed, some folks are there on the dot, some don't arrive until 30-60 minutes post opening. All i can say is, once you get into the venue, assuming you arrive after it opens, go see if Jenna is at her table. You're batch 1 so you can line up whenever you go there.

Oh, and first ever time outside of the US? Welcome to the world of owning a passport (which only about half the US population does btw!), i hope you enjoy your time in the UK and can cope with the wonderful weirdness that is the culture, accents, food and humour. And maybe think about other parts of Europe, even if we are sadly leaving that union fairly soon...

Edited by Mayhem
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone! And to Mayhem, I've always wanted to visit the UK as I've watched the Premier League for the past decade and I watch Wimbledon every year, so I'm really looking forward to it. Flying out later today!

• Like 1

Just now, Werewolfgirl said:

Yes, with Diamond pass you get autograph, photo shoot and a goody bag which is either a gift or printed picture. If you click on the guest you have a diamond pass for it will tell you what is included. 

I wouldn't phrase it that way. You get a gift for Diamond Passes. A goody bag was a literal bag with several smaller items.