Entry points and pass collection

8 minutes ago, Owls said:

Hello!

I'm a complete and utter convention newbie, this is my first time ever - and my first trip alone. I apologize if you have explained all of this already but I would be really grateful for some advice!

I have a Gold Pass. I will arrive from Stansted in Kensington around 10:00, then (if I understood that correctly) I'll go across the street and collect my Gold pass wristband, then proceed to Gate H where I will get in pretty much straight away? There are a few Diamond Guests that I would like to get autographs from on Friday - do you think I'll be to late to get VQ tickets for them at around 11:00 am? (Have a photo op right away and won't have time to collect VQ before that)

On Saturday I don't want to get any Autographs, just have lots of photo ops. Do you think I Need to be there very early then?

I definitely have to come early on Sunday, the info says it's open at 7:30 - I am not sure if that means with a Gold Pass I'm good if I'm there at 7:00 or if I should come earlier.

Sorry for asking so many dumb questions, but I'm absolutely terrified while simultaneously nearly exploding with anticipation O.O

Yes after collecting your pass you will definitely get in straight away at that time.

The Friday VQ’s depend on the guest. You will get a high number yes but that doesn’t mean you won’t get to them that day. Just take a ticket and keep an eye out for how they are progressing

On Saturday with a Gold Pass you will get in first and will only need to be in the hall for your first photoshoot so no need to get there ridiculously early.

7.30 is when it opens, people will queue before then so it’s up to you if you want to get there earlier.

Theres no such thing as a dumb question. Everyone was a newbie at first. Have a great LFCC

26 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

DP collection isn't an entrance so it means H and the Yalc entrance

15 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Exactly. There are 2 entrances only, one for YALC and H for LFCC. It's specifically explained DP Collection is not an entrance.

Oh ok I get what you're saying now, my mistake, I just thought as technically I'm collecting the extra help stuff too I thought it might be all in the one place. Not to worry though!

So could I in theory collect the extra help stuff from the YALC entrance, as I'd be walking past that entrance to get to the Diamond Pass collection point?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, Owls said:

Hello!

I'm a complete and utter convention newbie, this is my first time ever - and my first trip alone. I apologize if you have explained all of this already but I would be really grateful for some advice!

I have a Gold Pass. I will arrive from Stansted in Kensington around 10:00, then (if I understood that correctly) I'll go across the street and collect my Gold pass wristband, then proceed to Gate H where I will get in pretty much straight away? There are a few Diamond Guests that I would like to get autographs from on Friday - do you think I'll be to late to get VQ tickets for them at around 11:00 am? (Have a photo op right away and won't have time to collect VQ before that)

On Saturday I don't want to get any Autographs, just have lots of photo ops. Do you think I Need to be there very early then?

I definitely have to come early on Sunday, the info says it's open at 7:30 - I am not sure if that means with a Gold Pass I'm good if I'm there at 7:00 or if I should come earlier.

Sorry for asking so many dumb questions, but I'm absolutely terrified while simultaneously nearly exploding with anticipation O.O

Yes, you collect your Gold Pass Wristband in the Grand Foyer and then go to Gate H to enter. At that Point everyone will be in and you can walk straight in.

11 AM will be too late I think. Who are you after?

If you only have photos on Saturdaybe there in time for your first session, that's it.

The Holding Area opens at 7.30. Who do you want to see Sunday? It's really hard to give a Timing advice without knowing who you want to see.

1 minute ago, starscream1989 said:

Oh ok I get what you're saying now, my mistake, I just thought as technically I'm collecting the extra help stuff too I thought it might be all in the one place. Not to worry though!

So could I in theory collect the extra help stuff from the YALC entrance, as I'd be walking past that entrance to get to the Diamond Pass collection point?

Thanks

The table at YALC only handles YALC Extra Help. It's my understanding you have requested LFCC Extra Help, so no.

2 minutes ago, starscream1989 said:

Thanks

No, if you registered for Extra Help with LFCC and not Yalc you will need to register at the LFCC EH desk as Yalc won't have your details there

7 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, you collect your Gold Pass Wristband in the Grand Foyer and then go to Gate H to enter. At that Point everyone will be in and you can walk straight in.

11 AM will be too late I think. Who are you after?

If you only have photos on Saturdaybe there in time for your first session, that's it.

The Holding Area opens at 7.30. Who do you want to see Sunday? It's really hard to give a Timing advice without knowing who you want to see.

On Friday I was hoping to see Billy Dee Williams and/or Zachary Quinto.

On Sunday I have more, Jason Isaacs, Tom Felton, Jason Momoa, Val Kilmer, Brendan Fraser, Jason Momoa and Finn Jones.

Thanks so much for your help, also @Ravogd and @Raylenth!

11 minutes ago, Owls said:

On Friday I was hoping to see Billy Dee Williams and/or Zachary Quinto.

On Sunday I have more, Jason Isaacs, Tom Felton, Jason Momoa, Val Kilmer, Brendan Fraser, Jason Momoa and Finn Jones.

Thanks so much for your help, also @Ravogd and @Raylenth!

On Friday you will probably be too late to get those two but you never know. It’s not going to hurt to ask at their line when you do get there.

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

On Friday you will probably be too late to get those two but you never know. It’s not going to hurt to ask at their line when you do get there.

Agreed. Billy Dee is a slow signer, that won't help. Check at the lines and if they still Hand out tickets take one and hope for the best.

Okay now I have another question. Is it possible to upgrade from a Photo op to a Diamond pass? And *should* I do that (my bank adviser will hate me), I collect the Diamond pass on friday with my Gold pass - and will I then be able to see Zachary Quinto even when I come in at 11:00?  

2 minutes ago, Owls said:

Okay now I have another question. Is it possible to upgrade from a Photo op to a Diamond pass? And *should* I do that (my bank adviser will hate me), I collect the Diamond pass on friday with my Gold pass - and will I then be able to see Zachary Quinto even when I come in at 11:00?  

You Need to contact the online store. I am not sure if they still allow Upgrades at this Point.

With A Diamond Pass you will get to meet Zachary on Friday as Long as you get in line before the Autograph line is closed.

2 minutes ago, Owls said:

Upgrading should be possible but you should contact the shop. If your upgrade is successful you will be able to join the queue to see Zachary any time you want after your diamond batch number has been called.

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The table at YALC only handles YALC Extra Help. It's my understanding you have requested LFCC Extra Help, so no.

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

No, if you registered for Extra Help with LFCC and not Yalc you will need to register at the LFCC EH desk as Yalc won't have your details there

Ok no worries. I've always wondered what YALC stands for, and with the power of Google I now know it's a seperate event!!! That could have been awkward!!!

Thanks for your help today both of you :)

I'm not sure if it's been asked (sorry if it has) but in terms of exiting, will we be able to exit through any exit (including  the Grand Hall Foyer)? As last year we were only aloud out of the exit we came in at which I don't think I'm the only one who found a bit inconvenient.  

45 minutes ago, Charmer said:

I'm not sure if it's been asked (sorry if it has) but in terms of exiting, will we be able to exit through any exit (including  the Grand Hall Foyer)? As last year we were only aloud out of the exit we came in at which I don't think I'm the only one who found a bit inconvenient.  

I think it will be like last year. But we won't really know before we're there.

I'm really sorry if this has been asked, I have autism and get easily confused. I would like to know as mich information as possible so I don't go into a meltdown on the day. 

I've applied for Extra help but Im not YALC, I've got a Saturday and Sunday day pass. Do I go to Gate H, this is only my second time doing Extra help. At LFCC Spring, they checked our names off in the queue. I'm hoping to collect my Diamond passes on the Friday (whens the deadline time for that) 

If they don't check you in the queue, where do you go? 

1 minute ago, Glowingwings said:

I'm really sorry if this has been asked, I have autism and get easily confused. I would like to know as mich information as possible so I don't go into a meltdown on the day. 

I've applied for Extra help but Im not YALC, I've got a Saturday and Sunday day pass. Do I go to Gate H, this is only my second time doing Extra help. At LFCC Spring, they checked our names off in the queue. I'm hoping to collect my Diamond passes on the Friday (whens the deadline time for that) 

If they don't check you in the queue, where do you go? 

You go to Gate H and there will be an Extra Help point there.

You can collect your Diamond on Friday in the place marked on the map in the first post, and collection will run from the open to the close of the event that day. 

Just to double check it says the YALC entrance is the yellow line but then it says to collect the YALC extra help pass at the YALC entrance pink line - which one is correct? Do we need to go to the yellow or pink line for YALC extra help passes? Apologies if I am reading it wrong and have confused myself.

1 minute ago, dreximgirl said:

Just to double check it says the YALC entrance is the yellow line but then it says to collect the YALC extra help pass at the YALC entrance pink line - which one is correct? Do we need to go to the yellow or pink line for YALC extra help passes? Apologies if I am reading it wrong and have confused myself.

Yellow for both.