Entry points and pass collection

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I would say that it might depend on which you are entering via as it does say that the Yalc Extra Help registration is at the Yalc entry point, so if you are going in via Yalc you may need to do it there

That makes sense

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I would say that it might depend on which you are entering via as it does say that the Yalc Extra Help registration is at the Yalc entry point, so if you are going in via Yalc you may need to do it there

Ok thanks, I've got an LFCC extra help pass, so you're saying that I'd need to get my pass from LFCC extra help desk then 'waddle' over to YALC entrance and show them my wristband and give them my enrty ticket for YALC, I am correct, yes? :coolthumb:

Just now, Dr.1963 said:

Ok thanks, I've got an LFCC extra help pass, so you're saying that I'd need to get my pass from LFCC extra help desk then 'waddle' over to YALC entrance and show them my wristband and give them my enrty ticket for YALC, I am correct, yes? :coolthumb:

N, I'm saying if you are going in via Yalc you might need to register for Access with Yalc but I don't know, which is why I said to an earlier post the mods will need to comment and they may do on this as well.  It might not make a difference but it might, you might need to pick one or the other, if you are going in via Yalc you can't enter LFCC until 11 so it's possible you may need a Yalc Access pass to do stuff up there, I have no idea.

Just now, Raylenth said:

N, I'm saying if you are going in via Yalc you might need to register for Access with Yalc but I don't know, which is why I said to an earlier post the mods will need to comment and they may do on this as well.  It might not make a difference but it might, you might need to pick one or the other, if you are going in via Yalc you can't enter LFCC until 11 so it's possible you may need a Yalc Access pass to do stuff up there, I have no idea.

Yes for clarity I’ve only ever used it last year and that was entering LFCC and visiting YALC in the late afternoon.

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Ok thanks, but after I've got my Malorie Blackman VQ ticket, could I leave YALC and use my entry ticket for LFCC and access LFCC then? (I've got entry tickets for both LFCC and YALC for clarity.)

Edited by Dr.1963

Just now, Dr.1963 said:

Ok thanks, but after I've got my Malorie Blackman VQ ticket, could I leave YALC and use my entry ticket for LFCC and access it then?

If you go outside and enter via H yes, but you won't be able to enter LFCC via Yalc before the exclusion time is up.

1 minute ago, Dr.1963 said:

Ok thanks, but after I've got my Malorie Blackman VQ ticket, could I leave YALC and use my entry ticket for LFCC and access LFCC then?

We already explained this to you. You are free to leave, but you will not be able to use the connecting stairs that early. You will have to leave YALC through the main entrance and enter LFACC through the main entrance.

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

We already explained this to you. You are free to leave, but you will not be able to use the connecting stairs that early. You will have to leave YALC through the main entrance and enter LFACC through the main entrance.

Ok, thank you, I'm sorry I made this more difficult as I did not explain exiting YALC through its exit, sorry about that, but thank you for keeping up with me, thanks.:D

1 minute ago, Dr.1963 said:

And just to confirm, I am able to pick up my LFCC extra help pass and carers pass AT YALC extra help/YALC entrance or will I need to got to LFCC extra help stall/ LFCC entrance?

You will need to go to the respective pick up points. The first post makes this very clear.

17 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

You will need to go to the respective pick up points. The first post makes this very clear.

Can you please advise where the "respective pick up point" is, I do not understand what you mean.

Edited by Dr.1963

52 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

What?  If you mean the gift, you will at some point.  As we said you can only collect it once you are inside the show, which will be Saturday, or am I missing something?

Yes sorry I misread your response initially and edited mine - yeah bit of a pain carrying it around but not to worry...

2 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

Yes sorry I misread your response initially and edited mine - yeah bit of a pain carrying it around but not to worry...

You don’t need to carry it around because you don’t need to collect it immediately. I doubt if it will even be day specific as it will no doubt be the same thing each day. I had 8 DP’s last year and I just collected everything from the desk last thing on Sunday just before going home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charmer said:

Just to make sure I’ve understood, we collect gold passes opposite the station which ever day we first arrive then enter in door H? 

Is there a short cut through to the other side? 

You collect your Gold Passes in the Grand Hall Foyer, then proceed to gate H. As explained in the first post Gold Pass holders will have a separate waiting area then which is much Closer to the signing area. I don't know exactly how the Access to this will be, but there will be Crew to Show you the way.

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

You collect your Gold Passes in the Grand Hall Foyer, then proceed to gate H. As explained in the first post Gold Pass holders will have a separate waiting area then which is much Closer to the signing area. I don't know exactly how the Access to this will be, but there will be Crew to Show you the way.

the tweet I saw about Gold passes said once you have collected your pass go to gate H where you will then have access to a room upstairs playing videos which is on the same level as the autograph area & closer to the signings than regular entry 

26 minutes ago, mark worton said:

the tweet I saw about Gold passes said once you have collected your pass go to gate H where you will then have access to a room upstairs playing videos which is on the same level as the autograph area & closer to the signings than regular entry 

That's what I said, yes. I only stated that I wasn't sure how Access to the other room or as I called it waiting area will be handled. I had the Impression that People expected to have to find their way to that room on their own. ;)

Hi,

I think having a seperate collection point and entrance will be MUCH easier this year, it should save on crowding all being well.

Just a couple of questions though if a mod can answer please?:

1. What time will the collection point for Diamond Passes be closing on Saturday please? I think it might be easier to get the passes sorted before Sunday if I can get down there in a good time.

2. I've registered for "Extra Help" for Sunday. If I can collect my Diamond Pass sometime on Saturday, can I get this sorted then as well? If so, would this all happen in the same entrance (Olympia Grand, Olympia Way)?

Thanks for any help you can give

10 minutes ago, starscream1989 said:

Hi,

I think having a seperate collection point and entrance will be MUCH easier this year, it should save on crowding all being well.

Just a couple of questions though if a mod can answer please?:

1. What time will the collection point for Diamond Passes be closing on Saturday please? I think it might be easier to get the passes sorted before Sunday if I can get down there in a good time.

2. I've registered for "Extra Help" for Sunday. If I can collect my Diamond Pass sometime on Saturday, can I get this sorted then as well? If so, would this all happen in the same entrance (Olympia Grand, Olympia Way)?

Thanks for any help you can give

1. Show Closing.

2. As far as I know yes, and you go to Gate H as already stated in the first post.

5 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

1. Show Closing.

2. As far as I know yes, and you go to Gate H as already stated in the first post.

Thanks for the quick response.

The first post says about Extra Help - "If you require extra help there will be registration points in each entrance type" so I didn't know if that meant it could be done at the Diamond Pass collection point? Always good to double check these things!

Cheers

2 minutes ago, starscream1989 said:

Thanks for the quick response.

The first post says about Extra Help - "If you require extra help there will be registration points in each entrance type" so I didn't know if that meant it could be done at the Diamond Pass collection point? Always good to double check these things!

Cheers

DP collection isn't an entrance so it means H and the Yalc entrance

Hello!

I'm a complete and utter convention newbie, this is my first time ever - and my first trip alone. I apologize if you have explained all of this already but I would be really grateful for some advice!

I have a Gold Pass. I will arrive from Stansted in Kensington around 10:00, then (if I understood that correctly) I'll go across the street and collect my Gold pass wristband, then proceed to Gate H where I will get in pretty much straight away? There are a few Diamond Guests that I would like to get autographs from on Friday - do you think I'll be to late to get VQ tickets for them at around 11:00 am? (Have a photo op right away and won't have time to collect VQ before that)

On Saturday I don't want to get any Autographs, just have lots of photo ops. Do you think I Need to be there very early then?

I definitely have to come early on Sunday, the info says it's open at 7:30 - I am not sure if that means with a Gold Pass I'm good if I'm there at 7:00 or if I should come earlier.

Sorry for asking so many dumb questions, but I'm absolutely terrified while simultaneously nearly exploding with anticipation O.O

9 minutes ago, Owls said:

Hello!

I'm a complete and utter convention newbie, this is my first time ever - and my first trip alone. I apologize if you have explained all of this already but I would be really grateful for some advice!

I have a Gold Pass. I will arrive from Stansted in Kensington around 10:00, then (if I understood that correctly) I'll go across the street and collect my Gold pass wristband, then proceed to Gate H where I will get in pretty much straight away? There are a few Diamond Guests that I would like to get autographs from on Friday - do you think I'll be to late to get VQ tickets for them at around 11:00 am? (Have a photo op right away and won't have time to collect VQ before that)

On Saturday I don't want to get any Autographs, just have lots of photo ops. Do you think I Need to be there very early then?

I definitely have to come early on Sunday, the info says it's open at 7:30 - I am not sure if that means with a Gold Pass I'm good if I'm there at 7:00 or if I should come earlier.

Sorry for asking so many dumb questions, but I'm absolutely terrified while simultaneously nearly exploding with anticipation O.O

You are correct, when you have your gold you should be able to go straight in but if not I'd suggest going to the front of the queue and show them you are gold and they should let you through.  you won't be too late to get VQ' as unless it gets to a point where they know people won't be seen they will carry on giving them out, but you might have high numbers by then and the higher they are the less chance of getting to meet the guest.  It doesn't mean you won't, if they are a quick signer, but it's something to be aware of.

You don't need to be there early on Sat if it's just shoots, just be there about an hour before the start of your first shoot to ensure you are there, and you are in, but with yout Gold that should be way more than enough time.

7 is early for a Gold on Sunday but some will also be arriving at that time I'm sure, but it does depend on what you want to do on sunday.

Edited by Raylenth