Entry points and pass collection

1 minute ago, AckAck said:

Right.....I’ll watch this space.

Last year I arrived Friday about noon, and straight in at the Gold entrance, while the queue went for miles for gen entry.

I am not sure what you saw there last year, but at noon there definitely was no mile long queue left for General Entry. Tickets were prescanned and once the doors opened everyone went in pretty fast.

Just now, AckAck said:

Yep, but last year the gold entrance was separate, so virtually no queue (at noon). 

Gold Passes are being lead to a different wait area. So if you arrive around or before opening you will only be waiting with other Gold Pass holders.

2 minutes ago, Chanters4 said:

My friend is arriving on the Saturday and wants to queue early for VQs but is there anyway I would be able to pick his diamond passes up for him when I collect mine on the Friday? 

No this is not allowed

8 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Sorry, I only caused more confusion by trying to make it clear no combined wristbands. :lol: Single Day procedure has not changed, no wristbands.

7 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

No, you are correct. Single day do not get wristbands and will need a hand stamp for re-entry.

I figured as much. :thumbup:

I have questions regarding extra help passes, I have used it for 2 years and just want to make sure the procedure will still be the same this year as the wording seems a little vague.

Will there still be a separate queue for the extra help people so we don't have to join the standard queue?

Will we still be allowed expedited entry into the arena to avoid the crush when everyone else is let in? Twitter seems to be indicating that we won't depending on what is happening on the day and it is worrying me.

12 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

I have questions regarding extra help passes, I have used it for 2 years and just want to make sure the procedure will still be the same this year as the wording seems a little vague.

Will there still be a separate queue for the extra help people so we don't have to join the standard queue?

Will we still be allowed expedited entry into the arena to avoid the crush when everyone else is let in? Twitter seems to be indicating that we won't depending on what is happening on the day and it is worrying me.

Yes, extra queue at entrance H.

I will check, but as far as I know the goal is to let the extra help queue in early. No one benefits when an attendee with a crutch loses their balance. Stress "goal". We are all trying to phrase carefully in case something happens on the day and something does not happen due to that - like the 5 minute headstart for Gold Pass Holders that was a regular issue in the past years. ;)

5 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes, extra queue at entrance H.

I will check, but as far as I know the goal is to let the extra help queue in early. No one benefits when an attendee with a crutch loses their balance. Stretch "goal". We are all trying to phrase carefully in case something happens on the day and something does not happen due to that - like the 5 minute headstart for Gold Pass Holders that was a regular issue in the past years. ;)

Thanks so much @Queen_Sindel that really does help, I appreciate how quickly you replied too! Now just to sort out my schedule.

2 minutes ago, burns said:

It's my first year with diamond pass (only on saturday/sunday)

Can i take them on friday? (in order to come early on other days for some vq)

Thanks

Yes you will be able to collect the diamond passes for any day, from Thursday onwards.

Edited by Wrong Name

8 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

Thanks so much @Queen_Sindel that really does help, I appreciate how quickly you replied too! Now just to sort out my schedule.

It sounds to me like it's the exact same queue as last time. I imagine we'll be just down the one side of Gate H like before. I'll also be astonished if they don't let us in the usual 5 minutes before as it would be chaos otherwise and pretty much defeat the point of having a separate queue

3 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

It sounds to me like it's the exact same queue as last time. I imagine we'll be just down the one side of Gate H like before. I'll also be astonished if they don't let us in the usual 5 minutes before as it would be chaos otherwise and pretty much defeat the point of having a separate queue

Yeah I just wanted to be sure, I'm a worrier and when I saw the reply on twitter it stressed me out a little bit! I'll be happy if it's the same queuing situation as last year (maybe I'll see you there this time!)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EllaBlair said:

Yeah I just wanted to be sure, I'm a worrier and when I saw the reply on twitter it stressed me out a little bit! I'll be happy if it's the same queuing situation as last year (maybe I'll see you there this time!)

I hope so. Say Hi if you do!

Sorry if this has already been covered but I’m travelling in on Friday for Saturday attendance, can I collect my DP on Friday afternoon even though I’m not attending the show on that day?

Sure would make things a bit smoother come Saturday morning!

Thanks in advance!

Just now, Diabolik said:

Sorry if this has already been covered but I’m travelling in on Friday for Saturday attendance, can I collect my DP on Friday afternoon even though I’m not attending the show on that day?

Sure would make things a bit smoother come Saturday morning!

Thanks in advance!

Yes.

What time does Diamond Pass collection open on Saturday?

It sounds like those who have a Diamond Pass and can only collect it on the day of the show are at a disadvantage when it comes to getting VQ tickets for other guests. They will have to queue for their Diamond Pass before going around the building for general entry, which means they'll be further back in the entry queue than they would have been if they hadn't bought a Diamond Pass. Or am I missing something obvious?

3 minutes ago, vampireslayer3 said:

What time does Diamond Pass collection open on Saturday?

It sounds like those who have a Diamond Pass and can only collect it on the day of the show are at a disadvantage when it comes to getting VQ tickets for other guests. They will have to queue for their Diamond Pass before going around the building for general entry, which means they'll be further back in the entry queue than they would have been if they hadn't bought a Diamond Pass. Or am I missing something obvious?

We still don't know ;)  We only know what's in the first post at the moment.  And no, if you want VQ's go and get them and then go back and pick up your Diamonds.