Entry points and pass collection

Awesome! I'm arriving on the Friday afternoon, so will be picking up my DPs then, this time at the Grand Hall Foyer, then entrance through gate H on Saturday/Sunday, ok got it :coolthumb: So exciting! :clap:I would love to queue at 7am this time,  good thing I booked at St Paul's Hotel this year, only about 5 minutes down the road. :D but then, breakfast would only just have been served at that time and I need the fuel. I did pay for continental breakfast after all. :lol: Maybe 7:30am would be good enough...

I’ve never purchased a diamond pass before but I have 2 this year for Tom Felton & Jason Isaacs on Sunday.

So I need to go to the Grand Hall Foyer first, with my diamond pass etickets to collect them and then go to Olympia West to join the main queue with my general entry eticket to enter the Con?

Also, what time is advisable to get there in others’ experience as I’m collecting Diamond Passes?

Thanks

2 minutes ago, NOES86 said:

I’ve never purchased a diamond pass before but I have 2 this year for Tom Felton & Jason Isaacs on Sunday.

So I need to go to the Grand Hall Foyer first, with my diamond pass etickets to collect them and then go to Olympia West to join the main queue with my general entry eticket to enter the Con?

Also, what time is advisable to get there in others’ experience as I’m collecting Diamond Passes?

Thanks

Yes. 

Do you need any other VQ tickets, or are these two guests the only ones you are coming for?

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Yes. 

Do you need any other VQ tickets, or are these two guests the only ones you are coming for?

I’ve also got a photo op booked for Martin Sheen, which by the way clashes with Jason Isaacs photoshoot. However, Martin Sheen’s finishes about 10 mins earlier I think. Would you advise I go to Martin first as I have a DP for Jason?

As for other guests, yes I’m planning on getting a few other Harry Potter autographs but they’re not the big names so should be fine re VQ tickets.

7 minutes ago, chayanua said:

so gold pass is now H too? 

when I collect my gold pass friday noon, where should I get it? at H or? 

Yes, the Gold entrance is now H.

Gold passes will be collected from the old gold pass entrance by the train station

Edited by Wrong Name

13 minutes ago, NOES86 said:

I’ve also got a photo op booked for Martin Sheen, which by the way clashes with Jason Isaacs photoshoot. However, Martin Sheen’s finishes about 10 mins earlier I think. Would you advise I go to Martin first as I have a DP for Jason?

As for other guests, yes I’m planning on getting a few other Harry Potter autographs but they’re not the big names so should be fine re VQ tickets.

Jason first because you have a DP, tell them you have Martin to be sure.

1 minute ago, Bruno said:

Hi, I’m not going to make it on the Thursday to pick up my wristband (3 day entry ticket), i arrive at night.
Where i can get it ? I don't have DP or Gold Tickets to collect.

Go to door H and you will collect your wristband there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

If getting off at Kensington you cannot go wrong, there will be other people all going in the same direction and marshals there as well - but basically, once you are out of the station, turn right and follow the road around with the building on your left hand side :lol:

This throws me, because sometimes (in my vast experience of attending for two whole years), the queue has been such that we've been directed to turn left and follow the road around with the building on our right-hand side.

(And I've always wondered if those who ignore the marshals and run 'round the building to the right get in ahead of all of us lemmings who wait in the queue around the building to the left.)

Well that’s a big pile of ##$@........:angry:

I spend all that dosh on a Gold pass, and still have to queue forever........disappointing.

Last year was great, straight off the train in the gold entrance and in.

They could have announced this before I bought my train ticket.

Edited by AckAck

11 minutes ago, Pir8Jenny said:

This throws me, because sometimes (in my vast experience of attending for two whole years), the queue has been such that we've been directed to turn left and follow the road around with the building on our right-hand side.

(And I've always wondered if those who ignore the marshals and run 'round the building to the right get in ahead of all of us lemmings who wait in the queue around the building to the left.)

I guess it depends on when you arrive, as the queue gets longer they may change the way they send people.

5 minutes ago, AckAck said:

I spend all that dosh on a Gold pass, and still have to queue forever........disappointing.

How do you mean, you still have to queue with your fellow Golds, that's not changed.  Hopefully they will confirm at some point how the entry queuing will work for everyone at the same door but I'd think they will separate the Golds out so you probably won't queue any more than you did before, it's just at a different location.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Three single days = three single day wristbands.

Do we get a wristband for a single day entry? I thought you just got your ticket scanned and then if you need to leave and come back you got your hand stamped. 

3 minutes ago, AckAck said:

Last year was great, straight off the train in the gold entrance and in.

They could have announced this before I bought my train ticket.

I'm probably overlooking something obvious, so if I do I apologize.

"Straight in" has ever only applied if you arrive after opening, no matter if Gold Pass or not.

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

I guess it depends on when you arrive.How do you mean,

How do you mean, you still have to queue with your fellow Golds, that's not changed.  Hopefully they will confirm at some point how the entry queuing will work for everyone at the same door but I'd think they will separate the Golds out so you probably won't queue any more than you did before, it's just at a different location.

Right.....I’ll watch this space.

Last year I arrived Friday about noon, and straight in at the Gold entrance, while the queue went for miles for gen entry.

2 minutes ago, evilfairie said:

Do we get a wristband for a single day entry? I thought you just got your ticket scanned and then if you need to leave and come back you got your hand stamped. 

Sorry, I only caused more confusion by trying to make it clear no combined wristbands. :lol: Single Day procedure has not changed, no wristbands.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, evilfairie said:

No, you are correct. Single day do not get wristbands and will need a hand stamp for re-entry.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I'm probably overlooking something obvious, so if I do I apologize.

"Straight in" has ever only applied if you arrive after opening, no matter if Gold Pass or not.

Yep, but last year the gold entrance was separate, so virtually no queue (at noon). 

I may have gone off the deep end a bit, I didn’t want to queue all around the block (part of my reason for having a gold)

Edited by AckAck