Expecting Anymore Guess Announcements?

While I am not complaining about the current guest line up I am surprised that since the Quinto/Moss announcements we haven't so much as heard a peep about any more announcements of medium or big names yet apart from Manu Bennett and LFCC is edging closer by the day.

Edited by StevenHall
Forgot

19 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

There can be announcements as late as during the con, so it's far from over.

Oh I realise that but usually (at least the last 3 years) the final 2 weeks before the event is usually so manic for guest announcements and so far it feels a little dull (at least at the moment).

I am totally just guesing here, but my speculation is that after the unfortunate mistaken announcement, perhaps they're rethinking the whole pre-announcement build-up process, and just announcing when they've got someone to announce.

13 minutes ago, Pir8Jenny said:

I am totally just guesing here, but my speculation is that after the unfortunate mistaken announcement, perhaps they're rethinking the whole pre-announcement build-up process, and just announcing when they've got someone to announce.

I doubt it tbh, they will just have tightened things up on the office side but they will still do build ups, it's good free marketing.  I prefer to know when an announcement is going to happen, as the tickets are up straight away I know to be checking just in case.

Or maybe Showmasters are waiting til they have quite a few contracts booked so they can have a big announcement night sometime soon, but still you’re not the first person to ask this, and the response will not change from “guests can be announced at any point up to and even during the event itself” so I assume a mod will close this eventually 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, timlux said:

David Tennant was announced at the con on saturday last year, so you can expect new guests at any time

I was there when it happened so I know That, I'm just saying the final 2 week build up to the event doesn't seem as manic as usual as far as announcements go.

34 minutes ago, StevenHall said:

I was there when it happened so I know That, I'm just saying the final 2 week build up to the event doesn't seem as manic as usual as far as announcements go.

In my time of going to LFCC, I have found that there is no such thing as "usual" when it comes to guest announcements. One year it felt like they happened every other day in the last couple of weeks before the con, another had only a few in the last month. It all depends on contracts being signed.

Just now, Captain Lucas said:

How it a guest announced during the con? Over the PA system?

IIRC for Tennant, they did it online and over the PA system.  There was a big inrush of breath from thousands of attendees, followed by a storming of the sales desk and rush to get online,