Potential Heathrow disruption

1 hour ago, Diabolik said:

Was this decided afterward? I couldn’t see anything about a strike, 29th is when I head home so would be good to know if there is a strike on?

Nothing decided yet. But that's good news! If I have understood it correctly british unions have to announce strikes 14 days in advance. So there's no danger anymore that this is affecting LFCC.

This is the strike threat as of now:

Heathrow: Security guards, engineers and passenger service drivers: July 26 and 27, August 5 and 6, August 23 and 24.

Stansted (EasyJet): July 25-29, and August 2-5, August 9-12, August 16-19 and August 23-27. 

BA Pilots: They are voting on a ballot for strike action. The vote will finish on the 22nd July which means they can earliest go on strike August 5th.

Edited by Chris1970
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HeartDT said:

thank you      hope it doesnt affect anyone too badly.   I dont mind delay on way hime but dont want sny holds ups getting to lFCC  lol  

Same for me, I'm more worried about missing part/all of LFCC than missing work returning home! Seems I'm safe so far so breathing a sigh of relief.

And here's another article with all the details: https://www.standard.co.uk/news/travelnews/uk-airports-strikes-when-and-how-will-passengers-be-affected-at-heathrow-stansted-and-gatwick-a4191556.html

Info from Heathrow HQ: "Talks continue at ACAS today to avoid industrial action on 26/27th July. We apologise for any uncertainty this may cause you, but we remain committed to finding a solution. Please keep in touch with your airline, they are best placed to confirm the status of your flight."