Potential Heathrow disruption

Hi,

Just a heads up for those of you who may be coming from further afield via Heathrow for the event . My understanding is that there is the risk of potential strike action at Heathrow during LFCC, so there's a chance this could impact some travel plans. Just thought it was worth calling out in the event that people need to look at a plan B in regards to travel arrangements. 

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/heathrow-airport-could-potentially-shut-16578079

And hopefully the guests to the event will not be affected. I am coming on the 25th so out of danger, those coming in on the 26th or 27th should be on the watchout. Though Heathrow have said they have a plan and the service should only have minimum disturbance.

7 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Arriving the 25th and departing the 28th. I guess it won't affect me :unsure:

Same, on the 25th but departing on the 29th. Easyjet at Gatwick will have their strike on the 25th I read somewhere, how many I have no idea.

14 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Same, on the 25th but departing on the 29th. Easyjet at Gatwick will have their strike on the 25th I read somewhere, how many I have no idea.

Just had a quick look as we are flying in to Gatwick on the 27th using easyjet. Apparently its stansted which is possibly going to strike around then, they are saying gatwick are still deciding and have til the 26th to make a decision and strikes will be in august. 

Fingers crossed everyone manages to travel in safely with minimum disruption

5 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Can always hope they settle things so there will be no problems, still a number of days to go.

Was having a look at alternatives (just in case ;)) and didn't realise there was a sleeper service on the trains so couldve been nice and rested arriving in london instead of getting up at ungodly hours :lol: have filed it away for future reference  

1 minute ago, Keepingmesane said:

Was having a look at alternatives (just in case ;)) and didn't realise there was a sleeper service on the trains so couldve been nice and rested arriving in london instead of getting up at ungodly hours :lol: have filed it away for future reference  

Train is not to think of for me. :lol: But I am not worried. The hiccup at Heathrow will be on the 26-27 July. When I first was looking at booking I was thinking of the 26th as I was thinking of skipping Friday but changed my mind and desided to fly in on the 25th. A smart choice in the end. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

There's also the danger of a Tube Strike. We will hear next tuesday when it will happen. As far as i have understood it the 29th could be a possibilty...

Luckily I arrive on the 25th,and will fly back on monday, so phew, but would suck if there would be cancellations because of the strike, I think Gatwick has also flights incoming from the US right? so maybe they all land here ;)
But I hope for everyone who arrives on friday or saturday, that your plane will land at LHR :) fingers crossed

32 minutes ago, Ansett said:

There's also the danger of a Tube Strike. We will hear next tuesday when it will happen. As far as i have understood it the 29th could be a possibilty...

Taxi to Paddington Station then Heathrow Express, my hotel is 250 m for Olympia so no worries. There is always taxi or pre-booked hotel transfer. ^_^ 

Edited by Chris1970

21 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

Dammit I'm arriving on the 25th via Gatwick (Easyjet)!

A google search has yielded only some articles from the Sun. It seems the 25/7 strike will be at Stansted, and regarding Gatwick workers have until 26/7 to vote for a strike in August? So maybe I will not be affected. But will have to keep monitoring things. Grrrr... fingers crossed, hope everything goes well.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/9488034/easyjet-summer-strike-london-stansted/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/9491507/gatwick-airport-strike-summer/

And, not LFCC linked (thank God) but some BA employees (pilots among them) have until 22nd to vote for a strike and if they say yes BA can be up for strikes the earliest 5th of August. Can turn out to be a really nice summer holiday. :unsure:

On 7/14/2019 at 5:20 PM, Ansett said:

Was this decided afterward? I couldn’t see anything about a strike, 29th is when I head home so would be good to know if there is a strike on?

• Like 1