Wrestling Guests experiences

I was just curious to hear from those people who regularly meet wrestling guests;

Who are you meeting out of this years' guests?

And what has been your best experiences meeting wrestling guests at LFCC in the past?

Edited by dodge15

I'm planning on meeting Vickie Guerrero this time because I love her.  My favourite wrestling guests I've met at LFCC have to be Edge and Christian.  This was about the 3rd time I've met Christian but Edge had escaped me so far.  He didn't disappoint and he was so lovely, and my E&C pic is a favourite. 

• Like 1

I've either had photos or autos with:

Rikishi

Road Warrior Animal

Edge

Christian

William Regal

Billy Gunn

Jim Ross

Out of everyone, Edge was by far my favourite. Arguably the most successful there, but the most humble, most friendly and happy to discuss my favourite obscure match with me (him v Jeff Hardy ladder match at Extreme rules 2009).

This year I want to meet Ted Dibiase and Al Snow. 

Also, the talk is always good :)

5 hours ago, reelbigmartin said:

I've either had photos or autos with:

Rikishi

Road Warrior Animal

Edge

Christian

William Regal

Billy Gunn

Jim Ross

Out of everyone, Edge was by far my favourite. Arguably the most successful there, but the most humble, most friendly and happy to discuss my favourite obscure match with me (him v Jeff Hardy ladder match at Extreme rules 2009).

This year I want to meet Ted Dibiase and Al Snow. 

Also, the talk is always good :)

I have to say that I have always been appreciative of Showmasters putting on free wrestling talks, I know wrestlers aren't everyone's cup of tea, so to speak, but it's awesome for those of us that are into it!

Two years ago ago I met William Regal and the following Friday my buddy was getting married, and I was his best man! I was super nervous to ask but I had my photo with him, went to get it signed and then plucked up the courage to say "Don't worry if not but it's my buddy's wedding in 6 days and it would be amazing if I could play a recorded message for them from you?" and to my complete relief he said "yes of course, what are their names?" and to this day he has been my favourite guest because he didn't make it seem like a big ask at all.

RVD was a legend too, really pleasant to chat to!

• Like 1

My only criticism of the wrestling talk at LFCC is that it has historically been mediated by a non-fan, which is frustrating for us in attendance (I remember Edge being introduced as "The Edge", which made me cringe.)

There's so much wrestling journalism and podcasts etc in the UK, that I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to get one of them to cover the event for wrestling fans over the weekend. Personally, I'd love the chaps at Wrestletalk to do it, as they are London based. 

2 hours ago, reelbigmartin said:

My only criticism of the wrestling talk at LFCC is that it has historically been mediated by a non-fan, which is frustrating for us in attendance (I remember Edge being introduced as "The Edge", which made me cringe.)

There's so much wrestling journalism and podcasts etc in the UK, that I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to get one of them to cover the event for wrestling fans over the weekend. Personally, I'd love the chaps at Wrestletalk to do it, as they are London based. 

I agree with that, although the first year Edge came along, Colt Cabana hosted the session and Edge came out to his entrance music which was pretty awesome :D but it did expose what you just said though

9 hours ago, dodge15 said:

Edge came out to his entrance music which was pretty awesome :D

Bit of a tangent, but one of these entrance themes (not sure if it's the same track you're speaking of) being Metalingus by Alter Bridge. Great band, and Myles Kennedy is a great vocalist!

1 hour ago, wjbleming said:

Bit of a tangent, but one of these entrance themes (not sure if it's the same track you're speaking of) being Metalingus by Alter Bridge. Great band, and Myles Kennedy is a great vocalist!

It was exactly that track! It is indeed a good song. It just really stood out because really whenever a wrestler turns up to anything you'd always hope they could come out to their entrance music but I guess a lot of the time it might not be possible due to rights etc. Especially if the wrestler is a legend and their music hasn't been used recently and the rights probably aren't currently held all the time by WWE

49 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Sorry, that last post had to go. Each guest can be in a bad mood on occasion. We have tried to allow such posts before and they turned into genuine witch hunts. That's the reason we are not allowing them anymore.

I understand your reasoning for removing the post but will say I wasn't having a go or trying to start anything, I was simply sharing an experience I had just like others on this thread have.

My favourite wrestler is Shelton Benjamin, he was really sweet. He's shy though which surprised me. Buff Bagwell was a surprise. I'd read lots of bad things about him but he was awesome! Would love to meet both guys again. SoCal is also sweet and ODB is hilarious.

I have met a couple of not-so-nice wrestlers. I won't say names but I know one was just having a bad day. The other was just rude. 

Didn't happen at a Show, but maybe some of you like this Story.

Years and years ago during my first US trip we were road tripping. Flew in to Boston, got a rental car, drove until Jet lag caught up with me. Only hotel close by was a Marriott. Okay, we can afford that for one night.

We checked in and there was this rather short Mexican guy behind us. I could have sworn it was Juventud Guerrera. Blamed Jet lag of Course.

When we had checked in we decided to get something to drink at the bar before bed. WCW Nitro was on and the bar was still cheaper than the Minibar in the room.

In the Elevator, down we go, Elevator doors open a couple of Floors below ours… and in walk The Giant and Kevin Nash. My friend and I just stared at each other with eyes as big as saucers. Not that we'd have approached anyone in an Elevator in the middle of the night, but yeah. Randomly walked into WCW Wrestlers in a hotel.

We went down to the bar, got something to drink and watched the Show.

After a while Nash showed up again with Goldberg and two of the mid Card Wrestlers in tow. Sat down near the Exit and watched Nitro too.

When the broadcast was over my friend made the effort from hell to get out of the bar without having to go past them. I figured "what the h***" and walked past. And Nash stopped me. He had actually heard us Talking! "The German Connection." I smiled and replied "Yes." He grinned broadly. "Where are you from?" and kept asking Questions. My friend realized it's unavoidable and came over too. Eventually Nash asked who our favorite Wrestler is, clearly expecting me to say his Name. I wasn't going to do him this favor and was blanking on the Name of the midcard People, so I said "Goldberg." Goldberg was just at the beginning of his run then and People barely knew him. His face SO lit up. He couldn't have been any sweeter. Even wanted me to sit down on his knee and those who have seen Pictures of me know I am not exactly a Ballerina. They told us About the PPV the Weekend after, invited us over and even told us which hotel they'd be staying in.

Needless to say our General idea of the road trip was cancelled within 2 minutes. :lol: 

After the PPV we were in the hotel Lobby. It was glorious - WCW during their height. I even got a Picture with Sting that day who's normally really hard to stop.

Goldberg and Nash were running late because Nash got injured that night. Finally they arrived. Goldberg saw us, shouted "My Beautiful German Girls!!!" at the top of his lungs, tossed his bag away (Nash almost fell over it) and came running to hug us. Other fans around swore Raven was laughing at the sight. We had Goldberg to ourselves for almost half an hour, just chatting. I was so engrossed, I didn't even ask for a Picture or an Autograph until he said HE wanted a photo with US.

I've grown apart from Wrestling years ago. But this will Count among my best experiences ever as Long as I live, a bunch of Wrestlers treating 2 random German Girls like Queens in their spare time.

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Years and years ago during my first US trip we were road tripping. Flew in to Boston, got a rental car, drove until Jet lag caught up with me. Only hotel close by was a Marriott. Okay, we can afford that for one night.

We checked in and there was this rather short Mexican guy behind us. I could have sworn it was Juventud Guerrera. Blamed Jet lag of Course.

When we had checked in we decided to get something to drink at the bar before bed. WCW Nitro was on and the bar was still cheaper than the Minibar in the room.

In the Elevator, down we go, Elevator doors open a couple of Floors below ours… and in walk The Giant and Kevin Nash. My friend and I just stared at each other with eyes as big as saucers. Not that we'd have approached anyone in an Elevator in the middle of the night, but yeah. Randomly walked into WCW Wrestlers in a hotel.

After a while Nash showed up again with Goldberg and two of the mid Card Wrestlers in tow. Sat down near the Exit and watched Nitro too.

When the broadcast was over my friend made the effort from hell to get out of the bar without having to go past them. I figured "what the h***" and walked past. And Nash stopped me. He had actually heard us Talking! "The German Connection." I smiled and replied "Yes." He grinned broadly. "Where are you from?" and kept asking Questions. My friend realized it's unavoidable and came over too. Eventually Nash asked who our favorite Wrestler is, clearly expecting me to say his Name. I wasn't going to do him this favor and was blanking on the Name of the midcard People, so I said "Goldberg." Goldberg was just at the beginning of his run then and People barely knew him. His face SO lit up. He couldn't have been any sweeter. Even wanted me to sit down on his knee and those who have seen Pictures of me know I am not exactly a Ballerina. They told us About the PPV the Weekend after, invited us over and even told us which hotel they'd be staying in.

Needless to say our General idea of the road trip was cancelled within 2 minutes. :lol: 

After the PPV we were in the hotel Lobby. It was glorious - WCW during their height. I even got a Picture with Sting that day who's normally really hard to stop.

Goldberg and Nash were running late because Nash got injured that night. Finally they arrived. Goldberg saw us, shouted "My Beautiful German Girls!!!" at the top of his lungs, tossed his bag away (Nash almost fell over it) and came running to hug us. Other fans around swore Raven was laughing at the sight. We had Goldberg to ourselves for almost half an hour, just chatting. I was so engrossed, I didn't even ask for a Picture or an Autograph until he said HE wanted a photo with US.

I've grown apart from Wrestling years ago. But this will Count among my best experiences ever as Long as I live, a bunch of Wrestlers treating 2 random German Girls like Queens in their spare time.

Well that's a story and a half :lol: that must have been so awesome! I'm not sure if I would have found the courage to approach them myself to be fair! 

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

THAT is a crazy story

from the guests ive met all have been very friendly and great to meet, Bret hart, British bulldog davey boy smith (RIP) ,Rick flair,Kevin nash, Scott hall, Rob van damme, Hulk hogan, Hurrincane helms, The dudley boys, Diamond dallas page, Tatanka,Jimmy hart, Hacksaw Jim duggan,lita,undertaker,jesse ventura,virgil,ted dibase,eric bishoff,jimmy hart,shelton benjamin,the nasy boys, odb,Gail kim,Billy gunn, Shelton benjamin

All very nice people willing to chat and have a laugh

Edited by hulk2099

3 hours ago, hulk2099 said:

from the guests ive met all have been very friendly and great to meet, Bret hart, British bulldog davey boy smith (RIP) ,Rick flair,Kevin nash, Scott hall, Rob van damme, Hulk hogan, Hurrincane helms, The dudley boys, Diamond dallas page, Tatanka,Jimmy hart, Hacksaw Jim duggan,lita,undertaker,jesse ventura,virgil,ted dibase,eric bishoff,jimmy hart,shelton benjamin,the nasy boys, odb,Gail kim,Billy gunn, Shelton benjamin

All very nice people willing to chat and have a laugh

Crikey, you've been busy! :lol:

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 1:25 PM, teskothemad said:

never had a bad experience with any wrestler , favourite was hacksaw jim duggan , just whooping all day long and a nice guy to boot 

Agree with this.   Missed him being there last few years :(        you could hear him every niw and again even across signing area lol     was really good fun when ee ket him.

On 7/12/2019 at 1:55 AM, dodge15 said:

Two years ago ago I met William Regal and the following Friday my buddy was getting married, and I was his best man! I was super nervous to ask but I had my photo with him, went to get it signed and then plucked up the courage to say "Don't worry if not but it's my buddy's wedding in 6 days and it would be amazing if I could play a recorded message for them from you?" and to my complete relief he said "yes of course, what are their names?" and to this day he has been my favourite guest because he didn't make it seem like a big ask at all.

RVD was a legend too, really pleasant to chat to!

What a lovely story! Im getting an autograph for my friends son as he cant attend due to severe autism and cerebral palsy and its his birthday the week after lfcc. I have been contemplating asking for a a happy birthday video as it would make his dreams come true,but didnt want to be cheeky! So good to read that others have asked similar and been successful! 

• Like 1

Let me make an unpopular statement first: I am not a wrestling fan. However, my friend @borgteddy is. So, I tend to tag along when she meets wrestling guests. Over the years I have met most of those who attended LFCC (we missed last year, but attended every year from around 2010), and most have been really nice. One thing keeps happening, where the guest is happily chatting to Borgteddy, and then they turn to me, and ask "so, what's your favorite show/wrestler/something to do with wrestling I know know nothing about" or "How long have you watched the shows?" or sonething to that extent, at which point I have to admit my total lack of wrestling-watching history. This is usually either followed with a slightly weirded out stare, the guest trying to make me promise to start watching or them saying "oh" and turning their attention back to Borgteddy.

My favorite was a few years ago, I cannot remember the guys name, but he was so nice. He was really relaxed when I told him I didn't watch, and he insisited I still get a picture with him. His opinion was that if I ever started watching, I'd be glad I did, and I was there right in front of him, so why not! So He basically made me get a picture with him in the nicest possible way ;) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CookieS said:

What a lovely story! Im getting an autograph for my friends son as he cant attend due to severe autism and cerebral palsy and its his birthday the week after lfcc. I have been contemplating asking for a a happy birthday video as it would make his dreams come true,but didnt want to be cheeky! So good to read that others have asked similar and been successful! 

Ohhh definitely go ahead and give it a try! I would absolutely recommend it now, that being said I was REALLY nervous to ask. I did that thing kids do where they say "maybe, possibly if you don't mind, if it's not too much trouble" :lol: most wrestlers especially if they've spent time in WWE will have received a lot of training around meeting fans, it makes them excellent people to meet at cons!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liessa said:

Let me make an unpopular statement first: I am not a wrestling fan. However, my friend @borgteddy is. So, I tend to tag along when she meets wrestling guests. Over the years I have met most of those who attended LFCC (we missed last year, but attended every year from around 2010), and most have been really nice. One thing keeps happening, where the guest is happily chatting to Borgteddy, and then they turn to me, and ask "so, what's your favorite show/wrestler/something to do with wrestling I know know nothing about" or "How long have you watched the shows?" or sonething to that extent, at which point I have to admit my total lack of wrestling-watching history. This is usually either followed with a slightly weirded out stare, the guest trying to make me promise to start watching or them saying "oh" and turning their attention back to Borgteddy.

My favorite was a few years ago, I cannot remember the guys name, but he was so nice. He was really relaxed when I told him I didn't watch, and he insisited I still get a picture with him. His opinion was that if I ever started watching, I'd be glad I did, and I was there right in front of him, so why not! So He basically made me get a picture with him in the nicest possible way ;) 

That's awesome, if not a little bit self assured on part of the wrestling guest :lol: I'm intrigued as to who it was now though - sounds like they handled the situation pretty well! Glad you've had good experiences with them though - even though it's not your main interest!