Diamond Pass and VQ's

You don't need VQ's for them if you have the diamond, the diamond is your place in the queue.

Collection details haven't been confirmed yet, but in previous years they have done an afternoon collection on the Thurday, or whilst the show is open they have a collection point in the main queue hall for Standard ticket holders.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, T2ggergal said:

Cool, thank you!  I'll have to pick up on the day.  Will the queue be ridiculously long to pick them up?

Thank you Raylenth, you are so helpful!! :)

I have no idea I'm afraid, it depends when you arrive and how many others are collecting at the same time.  They have improved the system though so it should be quick even if there is a big queue.

One thing to note is that if there were any goodies included in the passes - posters or gifts, they now have to be collected from a desk inside the venue, IIRC it might be the Info desk so make sure to stop by that desk and pick your stuff up.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I have no idea I'm afraid, it depends when you arrive and how many others are collecting at the same time.  They have improved the system though so it should be quick even if there is a big queue.

One thing to note is that if there were any goodies included in the passes - posters or gifts, they now have to be collected from a desk inside the venue, IIRC it might be the Info desk so make sure to stop by that desk and pick your stuff up.

Last year I was at Olympia around 6pm:ish on the Thursday..perhaps a little later, and there like 4 or 5 infront of me to pick up DP and wristband. It went pretty fast.

Edited by Chris1970

Plus remember that unless you are immediately meeting your diamond guests, which unless you are batch 1 you won’t be able to do or their photo shoots are first thing, you can just go in and do your thing for a bit and come back and collect them when it is quiet.

Hi.  This is my 1st post and my 1st comic con I got a DP.   Yay me.

I have one for Ian McDiarmid (Saturday) and considering getting one for William shatter either the Friday or Sunday.

Because this is my first con. So to speak.  I want to be sure that I understood things correctly.  I also have a medical condition.  So I cant be sure how early I can get to the con.  So I need a little guidance 

So lets say ETA roughly 11ish.

From what I understand.   Ian and William have AM and PM shoots. I am going to be OK with collecting my photoshoots and autographs. 

When I arrive.  If not done so already.  All I need to do is collect my DP's. keep an eye on the times of the photo shoot. Then join the que of that guest.  If my batch number as already been called.  No need to worry about missing my turn or collecting a VQ ticket.  I can join the que - so long as I don't leave it silly late.  Making sure I join the autograph que after/before guest photo shoots and breaks.   Is this correct? 

Can I also ask.  If I am able to get to the con.  On Thursday to collect DP.   What time are the desks open to.  Or rather.  What time are they likely to be.  (I finish work at six)

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Horus101 said:

Hi.  This is my 1st post and my 1st comic con I got a DP.   Yay me.

I have one for Ian McDiarmid (Saturday) and considering getting one for William shatter either the Friday or Sunday.

Because this is my first con. So to speak.  I want to be sure that I understood things correctly.  I also have a medical condition.  So I cant be sure how early I can get to the con.  So I need a little guidance 

So lets say ETA roughly 11ish.

From what I understand.   Ian and William have AM and PM shoots. I am going to be OK with collecting my photoshoots and autographs. 

When I arrive.  If not done so already.  All I need to do is collect my DP's. keep an eye on the times of the photo shoot. Then join the que of that guest.  If my batch number as already been called.  No need to worry about missing my turn or collecting a VQ ticket.  I can join the que - so long as I don't leave it silly late.  Making sure I join the autograph que after/before guest photo shoots and breaks.   Is this correct? 

Can I also ask.  If I am able to get to the con.  On Thursday to collect DP.   What time are the desks open to.  Or rather.  What time are they likely to be.  (I finish work at six)

Thanks

Thursday collection details haven't been announced yet.

Even though you have a Diamond for Ian and are considering getting one for Shatner, you might want to apply for an Access pass if you qualify - you probably won't need it with your diamonds but it won't hurt to have it.

If your batch number has already been called just find the crew member running the queue and show them your Diamond (and access pass if you get it) and they will slot you in as near to the front as they can for the photo's or you just join the back of the auto queue, but you can join the auto queue at any point in the day once your batch has been called.  For the photo's you can go to the PM session if there is one and if it makes it easier but Ian only has the one session and it starts at 6.30 so just go to the start of that one.

Edited by Raylenth

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Thursday collection details haven't been announced yet.

Even though you have a Diamond for Ian and are considering getting one for Shatner, you might want to apply for an Access pass if you qualify - you probably won't need it with your diamonds but it won't hurt to have it.

If your batch number has already been called just find the crew member running the queue and show them your Diamond (and access pass if you get it) and they will slot you in as near to the front as they can for the photo's or you just join the back of the auto queue, but you can join the auto queue at any point in the day once your batch has been called.  For the photo's you can go to the PM session if there is one and if it makes it easier but Ian only has the one session and it starts at 6.30 so just go to the start of that one.

I am guessing that the "access pass" is the extra-help pass?

I think it'd be good if Showmasters would create an app that they would update every 30mins at the con to show what number the VQs are at instead of just trotting around Olympia, I know something like that could take a lot of time and money and experimentation to get it correct, but Showmasters are clever, I think they could do it...:D

Just now, Dr.1963 said:

I think it'd be good if Showmasters would create an app that they would update every 30mins at the con to show what number the VQs are at instead of just trotting around Olympia, I know something like that could take a lot of time and money and experimentation to get it correct, but Showmasters are clever, I think they could do it...:D

As you say, a system like that would take a lot more crew, time, and money to implement. This would mean a rise in ticket prices to cover it all. Personally, I think an app would be a waste of time as signal can be bad at these shows due to so many people being in one place at one time (I remember the EE network going down one year because of it). The system they have now works, and part of it is people having to look to see where they’re up to as it spaces that group out a bit more. If 100 people got a notification saying their number has been called then they’ll all rush over at the same time. With it written on a board, they’ll be checking at different times from each other, causing less hassle.