Comic Guests How Does it Work

Glyn

Hi,  This maybe a silly question, but this will be my first Showmasters con, and just wondered how the Comic Zone guests work.

My stepson is very interested in meeting some of them, but with other guests it has a price so wondered, how this worked?

Many thanks in advance.

The majority of comic guests will sign for free. Unless you bring a massive amount, some may ask for a small charge. They will charge for commission if you want any of the artists to draw you something though. The only comic guest we know for certain is charging so far this year is Rob Liefeld.

Sometimes they are selling comics especially if it’s their own one and will only sign stuff if you buy something. For example Andrew Cartmel last year signed everything I brought for him to sign but only after he’d talked me into buying a couple of his 7th Doctor comics. 

If you wanted a drawing done, it's always best to get there early, because they can take a while to go through all the other people who also wanted something drawn and then yours, but all the ones, I have had done, they always been worth the wait

On 7/3/2019 at 8:01 PM, Ravogd said:

Sometimes they are selling comics especially if it’s their own one and will only sign stuff if you buy something. For example Andrew Cartmel last year signed everything I brought for him to sign but only after he’d talked me into buying a couple of his 7th Doctor comics. 

Speaking of, can anyone confirm if Andrew Cartmel is there this year? He’s on the Facebook page but not the Showmasters site?

1 hour ago, Matt Thornton said:

Cool. I'm really digging Emma Vieceli's work on the Life is Strange Comic. I hope to ask her for a commission.

I had dinner with Emma and her husband  last year. Great people and she is one of the nicest people I have met at a convention. I'm sure she'll take your commission. I'm personally loving BREAKS. Need to check out Life is Strange.

21 hours ago, Ravogd said:

I had dinner with Emma and her husband  last year. Great people and she is one of the nicest people I have met at a convention. I'm sure she'll take your commission. I'm personally loving BREAKS. Need to check out Life is Strange.

Wow. I hope you had a great time. Upon meeting her, I hope to ask her many questions about Life is Strange and her upcoming works.