Next Big Announcement - Friday 7pm

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Photo op! DP? :D

12 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Foot injury incoming then?  You have totally cursed it now.

Definitely no photos haha I try my level best to keep a low profile. And hopefully I haven’t jinxed it :lol:

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 2

Just now, RyanHSaunders91 said:

I have feeling this year’s summer event, will be a mirror image of how busy and over crowded it was when Stan Lee went 5 years ago. Still I have my rechargeable portable fans ready...!

I'm pretty sure that SM have learned some things since 2014, and will be able to cope and deal with the crowds better this time around. I wasn't there at the 2014 event, so I don't know how bad it was, but every one I've attended since 2016 has always been well managed. I don't think there's anything to worry about. :D

Just now, The Friendly Dalek said:

3 minutes ago, RyanHSaunders91 said:

I have feeling this year’s summer event, will be a mirror image of how busy and over crowded it was when Stan Lee went 5 years ago. Still I have my rechargeable portable fans ready...!

I'm pretty sure that SM have learned some things since 2014, and will be able to cope and deal with the crowds better this time around. I wasn't there at the 2014 event, so I don't know how bad it was, but every one I've attended since 2016 has always been well managed. I don't think there's anything to worry about. :D

Oh yeah, things have improved a tonne since 2014. Completely different venue and way of doing a lot of things that makes it a lot easier.

Perhaps it's me, but I think I've started to notice a pattern. It seems that some of these BIG GUESTS are actors who have recently become more open to attending Comic Cons. For example; Charlie Sheen and Hayden Christensen which is AWESOME!

Perhaps we might see another guest who is also becoming more open and willing to meet fans at Comic Cons?

Just a silly theory but none the less, keep up the great work Showmasters!

3 hours ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

GOOD. I haven't bothered to go back since.

I was there and I was meant to be working unpaid with Secret Cinema promoting their Back To The Future show. I naturally thought my SC colleagues were inside. The security guard let me into the venue to find them without even asking to see any ID. I later found out my colleagues were actually outside with the DeLorean but I was having too much fun skiving off work and so stayed inside a bit longer before joining them. Glad I didn't have to queue up for 6  hrs.  Someone might wanna have words with security and have them ask for ID if people are claiming to be working. 

Edited by nicky

Compared to similar events I have been to in the US and EU it runs smoothe and fast at Olympia. Never experienced any delays at all. Olympia has sold out before (note: still tickets though) and I dont think it has been overcrowded, easy to get from point A to B. There are places in London far worse.

44 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Compared to similar events I have been to in the US and EU it runs smoothe and fast at Olympia. Never experienced any delays at all. Olympia has sold out before (note: still tickets though) and I dont think it has been overcrowded, easy to get from point A to B. There are places in London far worse.

The one nicky refers to was the "Stan Lee Event". Things were indeed a bit mental there. That was back then in Earls Court and one of the issues was that separate Buildings were being used, and getting from A to B became an issue at some Points.

It's a whole different Thing at Olympia with the different halls, yes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The one nicky refers to was the "Stan Lee Event". Things were indeed a bit mental there. That was back then in Earls Court and one of the issues was that separate Buildings were being used, and getting from A to B became an issue at some Points.

It's a whole different Thing at Olympia with the different halls, yes.

I know SM used ExCel for DSTL before. It is a nice location but it seems it has been "scrapped" now as event location, with Dest Star Trek located in Birmingham when it visits the UK. I have never been to NEC before and it will be interesting in October.

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I know SM used ExCel for DSTL before. It is a nice location but it seems it has been "scrapped" now as event location, with Dest Star Trek located in Birmingham when it visits the UK. I have never been to NEC before and it will be interesting in October.

NEC is a great venue and it works really well for DST from personal experience.  I’m really looking forward to being back in October.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StuartG2198 said:

NEC is a great venue and it works really well for DST from personal experience.  I’m really looking forward to being back in October.

Me too.. and you even made me fly to Birmingham, from Stockholm by Munich as there is no direct route. :laugh:

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, EllaBlair said:

After buying the diamond pass for Martin Sheen my bank account is hoping this is someone I'm not interested in.

I think most people on here are definitely going to be interested :laugh:

• Like 2