Next Big Announcement - Friday 7pm

6 minutes ago, Broo said:

There's always some who react badly regardless of how an announcement has been made or who's been announced or what days they're announced for or why the convention isn't generally being catered to their sole interests and availability...

Sorry that was grumpy of me, been a long day and negativity has gotten to me today I guess.

I was like that yesterday, I could have happily told everyone to take a long walk off a short pier.

Image result for hug gifs

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Broo said:

There's always some who react badly regardless of how an announcement has been made or who's been announced or what days they're announced for or why the convention isn't generally being catered to their sole interests and availability...

Sorry that was grumpy of me, been a long day and negativity has gotten to me today I guess.

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I was like that yesterday, I could have happily told everyone to take a long walk off a short pier.

Totally agree, from the mods side on here the volume of stuff that you guys don't see when a guest is announced can be quite sad, we've said it a million times and I'm sure we will a million more, guest announcements are so subjective to your taste, would just be nice if even if people aren't meeting "the big guest" we could all just be happy for those that are!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, StuartG2198 said:

Totally agree, from the mods side on here the volume of stuff that you guys don't see when a guest is announced can be quite sad, we've said it a million times and I'm sure we will a million more, guest announcements are so subjective to your taste, would just be nice if even if people aren't meeting "the big guest" we could all just be happy for those that are!

I know what you mean and I know you guys and the Fbook/twitter chaps get all the negatives poured on you by people who aren't happy and you guys do a stellar job.  It shouldn't happen, people should be realistic enough to realise it's unlikely to be who they want given the huge range of people it could always be, and to deal with it sensibly if it isn't, but unfortunately we know it probably won't happen.  I have my hopes for tomorrow but if it's not them I will be happy for the people who do want the announced guests and wait in hope the next time.

• Like 7

I've said it before, but I honestly can't understand the mindset of people who get that upset when a guest is announced that they don't like that they feel they have to lash out in such horrible ways. What are they hoping to achieve? If a guest is not for me I just shrug and move on with my life as it won't affect me in anyway. 

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 6

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

I've said it before, but I honestly can't understand the mindset of people who get that upset when a guest is announced that they don't like that they feel they have to lash out in such horrible ways. What are they hoping to achieve? If a guess is not for me I just shrug and move on with my life as it won't affect me in anyway. 

Completely agree!

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, StuartG2198 said:

Completely agree!

But for what its worth, like I've previously posted in this thread, some of what is in store is going to make a lot of people happy so let's see how things pan out!

Edited by StuartG2198
  • Like 3

Just now, StuartG2198 said:

But for what its worth, like I've previously posted in this thread, some of what is in store is going to make a lot of people happy so let's see how things pan out!

I don't care about a lot of people. What about me?!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

tumblr_ocrfqk4ffu1t52mf4o1_500.gif

mads-mikkelsen-gif-6.gif

I'm sorry you were having a day yesterday hun, and thank you xx

• Like 1

I've been on here for quite a long time and I've seen it all before and I'm sure I will again.  When I think back to some of the truly epic rants we have had over time it'd make you think you worked in a nursery or something.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

I know what you mean and I know you guys and the Fbook/twitter chaps get all the negatives poured on you by people who aren't happy and you guys do a stellar job.  It shouldn't happen, people should be realistic enough to realise it's unlikely to be who they want given the huge range of people it could always be, and to deal with it sensibly if it isn't, but unfortunately we know it probably won't happen.  I have my hopes for tomorrow but if it's not them I will be happy for the people who do want the announced guests and wait in hope the next time.

6 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I've said it before, but I honestly can't understand the mindset of people who get that upset when a guest is announced that they don't like that they feel they have to lash out in such horrible ways. What are they hoping to achieve? If a guest is not for me I just shrug and move on with my life as it won't affect me in anyway. 

If a guest isn't for me, I just enjoy others' excitement. It genuinely is lovely to read people's responses if it's someone on their dream list or a person they've been wanting to get an auto for to complete a collection, or any reason really. If they're happy and excited, I'm smiling.

• Like 8

at this late stage, I'm actually glad that a guest isn't for me, as my budget is already set.

everytime a new guest is announced over the months leading up to it,  I have to weigh up wether I can afford them, and if not, can I bump someone from my list etc

so by now, with quite a few amendments made, I'd quite like not to have to change it much more.

I've already had to bump 4 or 5 guests and change 2 from DPs to Photos only, in order to get a better balance of what I consider value for money.

Edited by andrewrolar
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

In some weird way I'm relieved when its not a guest for me as it means my bank account doesn't take a battering :lol:

Having seen only a few of the announcements happening as Im new to cons, i found it sad how nasty people were being if it wasn't who they wanted it to be :(

• Like 6