Certificate of Authenticity (COA) service?

The rate depends, among other things, on the value of the item (and autograph) and what it is. The people at the booth will take you through it on the order form. And yes, you can go straight there after getting items signed to be certified.

I haven't but a friend has, he got his Sam Neill one from last year done.

Personally I'm in 2 minds about it.  I think most auto's aren't worth much because if it's from someone who does a lot of cons there are a lot of auto's out there so adding on the authentication fee for multiple items gets expensive, especially if the item doesn't really have much value.  However if you have a rare signature or even everyday sigs that in some way makes them more, like what they are signed on, or who else may be on it, it could be worth it.

Here's just an idea for the DP, why don't you guys are SM make an agreement with Beckett and include a COA which would make a nice extra on the DP (I think when a DP is 60+ pounds more than the price of a auto+photo it's justified). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_batflash123 said:

Here's just an idea for the DP, why don't you guys are SM make an agreement with Beckett and include a COA which would make a nice extra on the DP (I think when a DP is 60+ pounds more than the price of a auto+photo it's justified). 

It would be added into the price and not a freebie and personally I'm not overly interested in the authentication service so if I buy a DP I would want it included.

1 hour ago, The_batflash123 said:

I should add that I get what you are aiming for but they would have to charge for it, Beckett aren't doing it for free and given the amount of DP's sold across all the DP guests that would be a lot of extra work for Beckett and probably way too much if they aren't getting paid for it, they don't just give you a certificate, the actually examine the auto to confirm it.

Apologies if this has already been asked elsewhere, is there going to be a CGC Authorised Representative at the show? I recall last year there was some kind of authentication service but didn't look into what they offered. 

This year however I have a couple of comics I would like to get signed ( still dreaming of finding a couple of issues that would take pride and center of my collection :P  ) and submit them for a CGC rating. In accordance with their guidelines on the signature series " if the signing is not witnessed by someone authorized by CGC, then the signature cannot be authenticated for the Signature Series label"  so would like to know beforehand if these will be someone there to offer this service.