LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - ALAN FERNANDES

15 minutes ago, Disneymaniacus said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think he was the Tusken Raider riding the Bantha.

If I remember correctly Bob Spiker rode the Bantha as he was the trainer of the elephant used for it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'll ask someone to confirm. Unfortunately this exceeds my Star Wars Knowledge by far, sorry.

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

I'll ask someone to confirm. Unfortunately this exceeds my Star Wars Knowledge by far, sorry.

Thank you for looking into it. Just to clarify, I'm not saying I don't believe he was a Tusken Raider, just wondering about which Tusken Raider he was.

There's been a lot of debate going online about him. Bob Spiker doesn't remember him at all for example. So it's all a bit weird. Can't fault the photo shot however. As far as can tell, Bob was the only one to actually ride Marji apparently. From what Alan has said, he was responsible for looking after Marji and the ANH crew let him dress up as a Tusken for the shoot.

Edited by Mayhem

• Moderators

Lots of misinformation in here already. Firstly Alan is 100% legit. Secondly Bob Spiker does remember him and confirmed all his claims at a recent show in Germany. Thirdly if you watch the film there are shots of the Bantha with two Tuskens riding her. Also if you look on Youtube there is a video called Bantha Trouble showing Alan climbing aboard while Bob is already on her back. Also on Youtube you will find a video entitled Interview With A Tusken Raider where Alan shares his detailed memories of the shoot and his time working with Mardji the elephant. 

In the film, Bob is the one who runs and jumps onto the Bantha's back. Alan is seen running alongside, holding is mask and the film cuts just before he jumps off the embankment.

4 hours ago, swsigsuk said:

Lots of misinformation in here already. Firstly Alan is 100% legit. Secondly Bob Spiker does remember him and confirmed all his claims at a recent show in Germany. Thirdly if you watch the film there are shots of the Bantha with two Tuskens riding her. Also if you look on Youtube there is a video called Bantha Trouble showing Alan climbing aboard while Bob is already on her back. Also on Youtube you will find a video entitled Interview With A Tusken Raider where Alan shares his detailed memories of the shoot and his time working with Mardji the elephant. 

In the film, Bob is the one who runs and jumps onto the Bantha's back. Alan is seen running alongside, holding is mask and the film cuts just before he jumps off the embankment.

Thanks for this info, this helps me a lot