Announcement Friday 28th 7pm

51 minutes ago, LFCC_visitor said:

Your latest mail is pure evil or pure genius.

For a second I thought the 3 legendary guests were  the Hobbs & Shaw crew.

If only... idris Elba and I think I’d buy my first ever diamond pass

• Like 2

As always, I'll be trying to get one of my kids to sleep but if it's announced it's someone I need to meet then I don't mind giving him abandonment issues as I race upstairs to the computer to make a booking...

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Send it my way, I would do stupid things for rain.

The heat killed our 2 week old router today.

Hope the heat doesn't keep till LFCC, or it will do more than kill a router! I am preparing already for another hot con like last year, but I hope the weather turns cooler. Last year was like a sauna!

9 hours ago, Chris1970 said:

That sux! The weather is getting weirder and weirder in our part of the world.. 

Then again we were in Paris Weekend before last - temperatures way over 30 Degrees already as you may recall. Had booked a hotel with ac specifically. Get in room, ac actually blasts heat on lowest Setting.

Go to reception and ask for maintenance. We're being told they hadn't turned the ac on yet because "it wasn't summer yet." Yes, okay, official start of summer is June 21. But I am still sweating my b*** off now, thank you. >< They did not budge and never turned on the ac.

37 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Then again we were in Paris Weekend before last - temperatures way over 30 Degrees already as you may recall. Had booked a hotel with ac specifically. Get in room, ac actually blasts heat on lowest Setting.

Go to reception and ask for maintenance. We're being told they hadn't turned the ac on yet because "it wasn't summer yet." Yes, okay, official start of summer is June 21. But I am still sweating my b*** off now, thank you. >< They did not budge and never turned on the ac.

If I was allowed to use very bad language now, I would. That is very very bad service! If the hotel belong to a chain you should contact the HQ and tell them. I spent time in London this passed week and at the hotel in Hampton Court I was upgraded to a better room because the fans did not work, and I did not even ask for it, I was upgraded at check in.

17 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

If I was allowed to use very bad language now, I would. That is very very bad service! If the hotel belong to a chain you should contact the HQ and tell them. I spent time in London this passed week and at the hotel in Hampton Court I was upgraded to a better room because the fans did not work, and I did not even ask for it, I was upgraded at check in.

I've tried sending an E-Mail to customer Service, but so far no reaction. I don't expect any reaction either.

This is not the first time this has happened in France. We had it happen the other way round - AC off because "it was winter" - during a very warm fall trip. Different chain too. So I'm guessing this may be a cultural Thing. If we have a French user here who can chime in I'd love to hear from you.

13 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I've tried sending an E-Mail to customer Service, but so far no reaction. I don't expect any reaction either.

This is not the first time this has happened in France. We had it happen the other way round - AC off because "it was winter" - during a very warm fall trip. Different chain too. So I'm guessing this may be a cultural Thing. If we have a French user here who can chime in I'd love to hear from you.

Yes, true it can be a cultural thing. I think most countries have abit of "competiton" or "big brother" view with some neighbours, goes long way back in history. No matter if it is sports or life in general. But I guess some countries it might be deeper rooted and use it at any chance while others it has become more of a tease, a joke and no more. 

Ehum.. Anyway... Yes New guests soon today. Sorry QS..I took this off the topic ^_^

Edited by Chris1970