Autograph Price: £25

Photo Shoot Price: £25

***This will Barbara's LAST EVER SIGNING APPEARANCE***

*Blood of the Vampire - Madeleine

*The Gorgon - Carla Hoffman

*Dracula Prince of Darkness - Helen Kent

*Village Of The Damned - Anthea Zellaby

View Filmography

51elIvZoMvL.jpg.ff567ef1bfb7876798f8a195282d57ed.jpgbarbara-shelley-the-gorgon.thumb.jpg.6cbc56efdc021b1f4311cb56442ee846.jpgQuatermass-and-the-Pit-6.jpg.465fd8996fdef19d66e23ed20da24cd8.jpg

s-l300.jpg.dce288732eae808b0e21415550770b1c.jpg

I last saw her at the London film fair and she was looking very frail, so yes definitely good on her for making this appearance! Some young chap was giving her a hard time taking loads of photos with a vintage camera before his dad shouted at him and dragged him away. I thought then that would be enough to stop her appearing again but good to be proved wrong!

• StuartG2198 unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, paulo said:

According to the App Barbara is only there between 12-5pm on the Friday , not seen that mentioned anywhere else , is this correct ? 

We only have what is here but you are correct and the app does say that, I'll report your post so it's seen and hopefully the mods can find out from the office

21 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

We only have what is here but you are correct and the app does say that, I'll report your post so it's seen and hopefully the mods can find out from the office

thank you

Not quite sure what to make of today. I met Barbara Shelley two years ago and she was very frail then so it came as a surprise to me to find her agreeing to this event. My fears were well-founded, she was confined to a wheelchair, had a massive plaster over her forehead and frankly looked as though she really should not have been there. The guys with her assured us that she'd come at her own insistence to meet fans for the last time however she had to be talked through each and every signature, clearly this was difficult enough for her,  so it came as no surprise to find her photo shoot had to be cancelled and she disappeared early.

Sad to witness and more thought ought to have been put into whether she was really well enough to do this event as she clearly wasn't. 

I have to admit I was planning to meet Barbara today but I caught sight of her at her desk when in another queue, and like you say, the poor lady really didn't look like she should have been there today, so I decided to give it a miss - not surprised it caught up with her quickly.  Best of luck to her.

I saw her leave with a long line of fans waiting for autographs. Decided not to get an autograph because she didn’t look like she was up to it. Maybe in future we could just get a selfie and thank the guest for their work rather than have them sign autographs if they are feeling unwell.