Statement From Jason

I'll post this here as it's interesting info from Jason, posted in reply to someone on Facebook so it might not be seen by a lot of people.  The last bit about the new systems in particular.

Jason V Joiner_ZvGTxrlsmm.png there is a reason we ask people to not to encourage people to resell there tickets , and this is why , last years event we had 150 plus people that had bought tickets in auction and on line and they had been given a valid ticket number but in this case the person had resold this ticket to over 30 times to people and then event canceled the ticket to buy an upgrade which we do allow and he then proceeded to re sell the Dimond pass , he did this all with stolen credit cards and as such everyone got taken and we estimate that around 150 plus fans got ripped off . this is why we don't allow reselling because this happens , its hard to say it but it helps stop scalpers and con men , this years event will have both con men and scalpers as the guests for this years event are going to be amazing so please tell everyone to not buy tickets from anyone other than the official ticket office, also we have two things that we have held of useding to stop this from happening , with the big names that we have for the first time we are using this new security system so we will spot around 50% to 70% of tickets that have been resold , ANY transferal ticket that we find we are going o ban the person that bought them from being able to buy them in future , we are sorry but this cost lots of money to real fans being tickets they though were valid so this is not right and we do have to do something to stop this , so please don't try to resell ticket and i would hope the page owners can help us and the fans by not allowing this to happen on this page as it is agents the rules and they are there to stop people from getting ripped off , thank you all for reading , jason

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Raylenth said:

I'll post this here as it's interesting info from Jason, posted in reply to someone on Facebook so it might not be seen by a lot of people.  The last bit about the new systems in particular.

Jason V Joiner_ZvGTxrlsmm.png there is a reason we ask people to not to encourage people to resell there tickets , and this is why , last years event we had 150 plus people that had bought tickets in auction and on line and they had been given a valid ticket number but in this case the person had resold this ticket to over 30 times to people and then event canceled the ticket to buy an upgrade which we do allow and he then proceeded to re sell the Dimond pass , he did this all with stolen credit cards and as such everyone got taken and we estimate that around 150 plus fans got ripped off . this is why we don't allow reselling because this happens , its hard to say it but it helps stop scalpers and con men , this years event will have both con men and scalpers as the guests for this years event are going to be amazing so please tell everyone to not buy tickets from anyone other than the official ticket office, also we have two things that we have held of useding to stop this from happening , with the big names that we have for the first time we are using this new security system so we will spot around 50% to 70% of tickets that have been resold , ANY transferal ticket that we find we are going o ban the person that bought them from being able to buy them in future , we are sorry but this cost lots of money to real fans being tickets they though were valid so this is not right and we do have to do something to stop this , so please don't try to resell ticket and i would hope the page owners can help us and the fans by not allowing this to happen on this page as it is agents the rules and they are there to stop people from getting ripped off , thank you all for reading , jason

This all makes sense and is completely reasonable. In the future maybe Showmasters should have a facility to resell tickets. Stuff happens were people genuinely can no longer attend events, and would open the tickets up to other fans on days that sell out etc 

Edited by DrBungle
Typo
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Funnily enough this is why I’d never buy tickets from anyone other than the official website, hopefully this is a good enough reason to stop people complaining about not being allowed to sell on tickets 

You will always get people buying and selling I think, even if there is an official reseller put in place - people will offer them a bit cheaper in order to sell them ect and amongst that you will get scammers multi selling I think, but at least a reseller would cut it down

I have never bought tickets from any other source than the official. If it is sold out, so be it. And the news media over here writes each year about people losing money, tickets or denied entrence at events. And..complaints about their misfortune. ”I paid 300 for 80 ticket, did not get in, and now I dont get my money back” Tough luck! 

2 hours ago, DrBungle said:

This all makes sense and is completely reasonable. In the future maybe Showmasters should have a facility to resell tickets. Stuff happens were people genuinely can no longer attend events, and would open the tickets up to other fans on days that sell out etc 

SM were looking at a platform, Jason mentioned this 2 years ago or so. But this is something that needs careful planning, so I am not surprised it's not settled yet.

• Like 2

My motto in life  - if it's too good to be true then beware. It probably is. 

It's why I only buy through legitimate sources. 

And Showmasters are not alone in having tickets that are non-refundable and non-transferrable. It is standard practice for pre-paid events both big and small. 

Showmasters do already have a limited refund/resell policy. If you upgrade your ticket,  for example a photo session to a diamond pass, then presumably your photo session ticket will be available in the shop for someone else and you have the money back for that ticket. Maybe there is a way of extending this facility with some strict controls in place. Showmasters are after all running a business. If they don't make money then they can't book the great guests and we all miss out. 

• Like 2

If you DO set up a platform for resale, you need to accompany it with ticket limits and fan verification -- otherwise scalpers will just buy up all the DPs and other in-demand items and post them for resale at higher prices.

Like everyone, I would love an opportunity to resell (or even transfer to a friend) when unavoidable circumstances intervene, but it has to be carefully done, so that you don't cause more problems than you solve.

I appreciate SM moving cautiously on this.

6 minutes ago, natedammit said:

They would only ever do a resell option for things that had sold out, and few items do that.

Yes, from my conventions at LFCC, the only items that I can recollect being sold out was David Tennant's DP's and photoshoots, i'm not quite sure on any other guests items, though.

Just now, Dr.1963 said:

Yes, from my conventions at LFCC, the only items that I can recollect being sold out was David Tennant's DP's and photoshoots, i'm not quite sure on any other guests items, though.

There have been sell outs but not a huge number.  IIRC Cumberbatch sold out of photo's repeatedly, Sigourney's & MJF's DP's sold out as well.

When I have purchased tickets for gigs there is an optional 'ticket protection' policy where for a small additional fee you are able to claim your money back if you wish to cancel for any reason. Would be good if SM could look into doing a similar thing. 

1 minute ago, Tony1975 said:

When I have purchased tickets for gigs there is an optional 'ticket protection' policy where for a small additional fee you are able to claim your money back if you wish to cancel for any reason. Would be good if SM could look into doing a similar thing. 

They have one on Eventbrite when you go to buy tickets, something shield I think, but it ends up quite a bit of money if you’re buying a lot of items and most people make it to the events anyway so it just ends up a waste of money 

1 minute ago, Tony1975 said:

I don't think you can claim back just because you want to, it needs to be through illness (and not just a cold), or things like airline delays of traffic accidents, all of which you'd need proof of.

4 minutes ago, natedammit said:

I don't think you can claim back just because you want to, it needs to be through illness (and not just a cold), or things like airline delays of traffic accidents, all of which you'd need proof of.

I didn't realise that. Maybe then if SM could do the same t&c.

52 minutes ago, Tony1975 said:

I didn't realise that. Maybe then if SM could do the same t&c.

It's not something any organiser has influence on I think, it would be down to what the ticket hosting company wants to do.  Now I know on the flip side it could be argued they could then use a company that does, but that is another arguement as it's not always that straightforward. 

6 minutes ago, Rydog2k said:

So were these three sheen, Christensen and Carrie Anne moss?? Or was quinto one as well and we actually got 4?? 

No, Jason has confirmed elsewhere that the only one of the possible 3 legends so far announced is Martin Sheen.  The pre announcement for last nights was 'big' rather than 'legendary' so I think they will clearly state it if they manage to close on the other 2.  Remember they aren't guaranteed though as they hadn't closed them completely when they posted this.

• Like 3

Dont know if we should focus on the generation of Martin Sheen but it might be somewhere around that area.. Perhaps Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Kathy Bates, Anjelica Huston, Christopher Walken.

Mr Walken got a connection with C. Ricci with Sleepy Hollow

Ms Houston with C. Ricci and Addams Family...

32 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

Dont know if we should focus on the generation of Martin Sheen but it might be somewhere around that area.. Perhaps Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Kathy Bates, Anjelica Huston, Christopher Walken.

Mr Walken got a connection with C. Ricci with Sleepy Hollow

Ms Houston with C. Ricci and Addams Family...

Mr M J Fox got a connection with Christopher Lloyd. Christopher Lloyd has a connection with C. Ricci :D

So its MJ Fox.