Statement From Jason

1 hour ago, Chris1970 said:

Dont know if we should focus on the generation of Martin Sheen but it might be somewhere around that area.. Perhaps Robert De Niro, Al Pacino, Kathy Bates, Anjelica Huston, Christopher Walken.

Mr Walken got a connection with C. Ricci with Sleepy Hollow

Ms Houston with C. Ricci and Addams Family...

That’s bizarre, I was just thinking bob de Niro would be cool, after seeing him on the kia ads recently.

Edited by AckAck
  • Like 1

I saw on twitter someone asked when the other legendary guests will be announced and they replied when the contracts are signed... not if the contracts are signed, I’ll take it with a pinch of salt incase they just forgot but sounds promising to me :D

6 minutes ago, Rydog2k said:

I saw on twitter someone asked when the other legendary guests will be announced and they replied when the contracts are signed... not if the contracts are signed, I’ll take it with a pinch of salt incase they just forgot but sounds promising to me :D

That's a fairly standard response

5 hours ago, john.bttf said:

Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne !!! :-)

For a LEGENDARY MATRIX trio-shoot !!!

Laurence and Martin Sheen in Apocalyspse now too...

As has been stated in reply to a few posts requesting Keanu, he has just started filming Bill & Ted 3 so will almost certainly be unavailable but you never know.

47 minutes ago, tenaciouspirit said:

Jason has just posted on FB that one of the legendary guests can't attend this year, and they're trying to get them for winter or 2020.

The other is still in discussion

I remember Showmasters tweeting “we don’t comment on potential guests” 

20 minutes ago, danthomas17 said:

I remember Showmasters tweeting “we don’t comment on potential guests” 

They haven’t mentioned any names. I hardly think it’s a huge surprise that Showmasters are working on getting more guests to the show constantly which is all he’s really said.

15 minutes ago, danthomas17 said:

To me it’s false hope 

id rather have not seen that statement 

I disagree. Again, no names so how can you be disappointed? If he’d said the name of a specific guest or guests then THAT would be false hope. Saying he’s almost got another “legendary” guest for the show is helpful as it means people can keep their budgets in check just in case.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

They haven’t mentioned any names. I hardly think it’s a huge surprise that Showmasters are working on getting more guests to the show constantly which is all he’s really said.

I disagree. Again, no names so how can you be disappointed? If he’d said the name of a specific guest or guests then THAT would be false hope. Saying he’s almost got another “legendary” guest for the show is helpful as it means people can keep their budgets in check just in case.

I agree with your disagreeing, any guest is likely to be one you don't want even a legendary one so it pays to assume they won't be for you.  I get very excited at any announcement but know it's unlikely to be anyone I want so I'm never disappointed after.

It's fine to be excited that it might be for you and an awesome name at that but take announcements with a pinch of salt.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, danthomas17 said:

To me it’s false hope 

id rather have not seen that statement 

Ravogd is absolutely correct, we don’t have the names of these guests so you can’t be upset about it if you don’t know who the guest could be, for all we know the guest could be someone you aren’t interested in at all 

Given that even after guests are announced they sometimes cancel, I try not to get really, truly excited about any guest until I'm standing there meeting them.

I don't bedgrudge SM trying to share with us good faith excitement (and also, maybe, trying to push ticket sales a bit).

• Like 2

Saying 'we are hoping to close on a couple of legends' is far less of an issue than 'we are talking to X'.  Some shows do that and it's really bad form as people will book travel based on that if it's someone they want, thinking it's a done thing.  And 'talking to' could mean anything from 'we've emailed RDJ's people asking if he will appear all weekend for a packet of wagon wheels and the satisfaction of making people happy' to 'we are about to close and just need the signed contract back', and even at that point it doesn't mean anything until it's signed and returned.

The ratio of people 'they are talking to/sending feelers out to' to the number they actually manage to book must be staggering.

4 minutes ago, DullyEL said:

They haven't announced the 3 legends have they?

Kind of, it's been confirmed that Sheen the Elder is one,  2 isn't going to happen now but they are in talks to hopefully get them for Winter or 2020, and talks with 3 are still going on but of course there's no guarantee they will be able to complete on 3 either.  Hopefully they will but as is always the way, they may not.

Edited by Raylenth

13 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Kind of, it's been confirmed that Sheen the Elder is one,  2 isn't going to happen now but they are in talks to hopefully get them for Winter or 2020, and talks with 3 are still going on but of course there's no guarantee they will be able to complete on 3 either.  Hopefully they will but as is always the way, they may not.

Thank you :)