Statement From Jason

1 hour ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

John Carpenter

I already met him. No need for him ;)

I still think Idris Elba is a good candidate.

it is the weekend before Hobbs and Shaw, so basicly Comic Con will do the promotion for the film.

On the other hand, he might be busy promoting the film :D

• Like 1

I've been obsessively checking this forum almost non-stop since this post first appeared on Tuesday. I hope they put us out of our misery soon, so I can finally get some sleep and stop biting my nails to the quick! :blink2:

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Josh270489 said:

sounds good, but i still dont think they should do the "we've nearly got this legendary guest" comments. if it falls through then the organisers look silly. if it goes though then not everyone will consider the guest legendary. 

i still maintain it should just be "guest announcement on XX/XX at XXam/pm that way people know theres an announcement but dont get too dissappointed when its not someone they consider legendary.

still intrigued by who it could be though

Completely agree. This could backfire massively. It would appear lessons haven't been learned from previous years 

I would think that they've waited to make this announcement until near absolute certainty it's going to go ahead. They did similarly last year that there was going to be an announcement and that the finalities in contract were just being done (this was for Aidan Turner). At that time they'd given an announcement date but that then needed to be delayed because of unforseen circumstances arising so you could say, since they haven't given a date yet, they *are* "learning lessons" as you put it.

Honestly, even if a guest has been announced, there's no 100% guarantee they will be able to attend, such is the nature of conventions. Should they then not announce any guests until a few days before the event to avoid this? An extreme example maybe but it's just to point out that nothing is certain, they sounded excited in this and wanted to give heads-up, personally I like that they've done this cause it means we get to share in that excitement :)

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Broo said:

I would think that they've waited to make this announcement until near absolute certainty it's going to go ahead. They did similarly last year that there was going to be an announcement and that the finalities in contract were just being done (this was for Aidan Turner). At that time they'd given an announcement date but that then needed to be delayed because of unforseen circumstances arising so you could say, since they haven't given a date yet, they *are* "learning lessons" as you put it.

Honestly, even if a guest has been announced, there's no 100% guarantee they will be able to attend, such is the nature of conventions. Should they then not announce any guests until a few days before the event to avoid this? An extreme example maybe but it's just to point out that nothing is certain, they sounded excited in this and wanted to give heads-up, personally I like that they've done this cause it means we get to share in that excitement :)

Well put! And I would like to add that in the end the label on the guest is the view SM got on the person and I would say it is based upon general knowledge of that persons work, as it is impossible to fulfill everyones biggest dream guest with one guest, or even three. No matter what mine is, or anyone else thinks, a guest can fulfill all the build up depending on this. No matter where your interest lies. Example: IF it should turn out to be Stallone, RDJ, Harrison Ford, Tom Hanks or Arnold S they are massive and legendary in the general view, no matter if we are interested or not. And I rather see that SM wait until all is set before they tell us. Even if it means a week before it all starts. I can wait, even if it should be all the way up until the 25th if it is needed, to get theses guests to LFCC.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Broo said:

The main argument is that if the contracts end up not happening for whatever reason people will accuse Jason of just posting this to drum up ticket sales, combined with a lot of people again being certain it has to mean it's going to be Harrison, there probably will be backlash if for whatever reason they don't come off, so it's kind of damned if you do/don't again.  So I agree that they wouldn't have posted it if they weren't virtually about to press 'post' on the announcement as it were, but if all 3 don't happen, there will be a few accusing posts on facebook.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

The main argument is that if the contracts end up not happening for whatever reason people will accuse Jason of just posting this to drum up ticket sales, combined with a lot of people again being certain it has to mean it's going to be Harrison, there probably will be backlash if for whatever reason they don't come off, so it's kind of damned if you do/don't again.  So I agree that they wouldn't have posted it if they weren't virtually about to press 'post' on the announcement as it were, but if all 3 don't happen, there will be a few accusing posts on facebook.

No matter what happens FB is the gathering point of troll comments. The curse of social media. I bet that even if each and everyone is offered £1000 someone will be annoyed. 

• Like 1

Bearing in mind that one person's legendary guest announcement is another person's cool but not for me guest announcement. 

Showmasters must be pretty certain that they can announce soon. But some are going to be disappointed or surprised. 

The anticipation is part of the fun. I can't wait. And if they're not guests I like then c'est la vie. I'm still going to have a great time.  :YAHOO:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

Bearing in mind that one person's legendary guest announcement is another person's cool but not for me guest announcement. 

Showmasters must be pretty certain that they can announce soon. But some are going to be disappointed or surprised. 

The anticipation is part of the fun. I can't wait. And if they're not guests I like then c'est la vie. I'm still going to have a great time.  :YAHOO:

True! As this is a multi-genre Con so expect the unexpected even if the shoe wont fit.

One persons legendary guest is anothers that cool but not for me, the year we had back to the future was the year LFCC had penny dreadful guests and for me that was way way more cooler, everyone has a different level of wow for them.

I like the hype I like thinkng it could be the unexpected think it gets everyone talking, id perfer my bank balance not to be raped or abused anymore than it has been

Personally a statement like this means to me its a done deal they are just working though the minor details theres no date on this so lets just hope its sooner rather than later

• Like 2

I finally read the full post and these are some of the remarks that I have.

First of all, congrats to SM for the 15th year anniversary of LFCC.

Second of all, awesome that they got more room in the main hall.

I don't know about more photo op booths (more chance of 2+ shoots being at the same time) but as long as they're on the same floor it'll be fine.

I really hope there's gonna be a limited supply of Diamond Pass so we don't have any kind of situations with Matt and Peter last year.

Now about the guests. I feel like they just released this post because people were complaining about the line-up and they wanted to let us know that the line-up wasn't done and we still have a month to go.

I just think when they drop this big of an information bomb they should've indicated an estimated date for when we could expect the contracts to be done/not done (today, tomorrow, somewhere next week,... and not 'Over the next few weeks'). Until then these are just words and it feels like they wanted to boost their entrance sales and don't have any guests announcements to make before the legendary guests (they probably have a load more guests but it feels to me like that's the matter).

I'm doing 15 comic cons this year and LFCC will always be my favorite so I don't really care about who they announce because I'll still go. I just don't understand why we either have to wait more than a week for every announcement this edition instead of the usual 3-5 days like previous editions (I'm not saying every announcement is like this but most of them were this year) or we're getting hyped with posts like this without a date.

Like I said, I love LFCC and I already booked photo ops with great guests this year because of SM.

• Like 2

Just as long as they aren't all announced on Friday 12 July, I'll be in Hyde Park!  I know some people are sceptical but for me, this announcement is unbridled enthusiasm from an organiser who is just as much a fan as we all are.

I do think legend is a term that should be reserved for people that have been in the business for a long time though.  So I don't think we're looking at any of the younger brigade from your latest superhero franchise, or whatever.

Guys, please do not turn this into another discussion about the current line up. Most of the users who I had to remove posts from now have been informed more than once that this kind of post is not tolerated on here. This does not change if you bring the same argument up in a new thread. 

I've removed the whole posting string, so this is not for everyone who has had posts removed. There's been too many quotes and I am on my phone.

You may not like an announcement, but at the same time it will send 10 other people over the moon.

So really, please stop now.