Advice for a first timer attending the LFCC

jxet

So it will be my first time attending the London Film and Comic-con 2019 event, which I am very excited for and was looking for advice. I will be attending on the last day Sunday and will be seeing the Karate Kid/Cobra Kai cast (Martin Kove, William Zabka, Xolo Mariduena and Jacob Bertrand incl. GROUP PHOTO) photograph sessions and autographs. My questions are:

1) Will I be able to all these things in 1 day?

2) When ordering tickets, what are the the batches? (e.g. batch 1, 2 etc)

3) Should I order the tickets ASAP as in right now? I'm currently waiting for my next payday which is in 3 weeks.

Thank you for your time. :)

Hello there and welcome. :)

Have a look at our FAQ Topic which answers a lot of beginner Questions:

Unless you have to be out within 2 Hours or so I don't think you'll have any Problems seeing your guests.

Tickets are called in Groups, so your Batch number tells you which Group you are in. The lower the number the earlier you get your photo.

Generally earlier orders get the lower Batch numbers, and tickets can sell out. The store tries to give a warning when tickets get low, but that doesn't always happen. If it's really three weeks only I think you should be fine. The big rush for ticket Sales starts once the schedule is released, and that is still longer than three weeks to go.

• Like 1

Batches are small groups of ticket holders and a way of breaking the huge numbers down - if they have sold 500 photo's for a guest you don't want everyone turning up at the same time as the queue would be huge, so they have batches consisting of about 100 per batch and call them in order, so Gold pass holders first, then Batch one, Batch 2 and so on.  For auto's they do the same - Most guests operate on the VQ system and you will be called up in number order, so VQ 1-30, 1- 60, 1-90.....so that the queues stay a manageable size.  You can go through any time after your number has been called so you don't have to worry about being there when your number is called (though with a photo shoot you obviously have to go whilst the session is still on, if you arrive 5 minutes after it's finished they won't call the guest back for you)

Please have a read of this for how the autos work https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/2014-09-29-15-24-14/autographs.  Go and get your VQ's as soon as you get in, don't look at the stalls or anything, you can do that later.

You should be able to do it all in a day, they will be popular and obviously there's no guarantee but they aren't top tier guests who will have massive queue's.   When you order is up to you, ordering sooner guarantees you have the tickets - there's no saying if or when they may sell out for photo's, though having a lower batch number does help if you are trying to do a lot as it means you get through sooner.  But I don't think you have to worry about that, they have been announced for a while so most people will have already bought.  The problem is always that they may announce a big name that makes entry tickets sell really quickly, though there's been no announcement of them running low yet, that could all change with a big name.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great info! And I certainly can't wait for the event! 

One more question though, would it be wise to order the all the photo sessions in one batch (e.g batch 1) or spread them out into different batches?

2 minutes ago, jxet said:

Thanks for all the great info! And I certainly can't wait for the event! 

One more question though, would it be wise to order the all the photo sessions in one batch (e.g batch 1) or spread them out into different batches?

It's always best to buy the lowest batch available.

3 minutes ago, jxet said:

So buy all the tickets for photo session in batch 1? 

If batch 1 is available for them all, yes.  If not then buy the next one.  All the photo sessions will be at different times so your batch is literally when you will join the queue for each one.

• Like 1

And if you are asking because you are worried everything will be on at the same time: as Long as you are there before the end of the photo session it is no Problem if you have Batch 1 and Show up when Batch 3 is being called. You have not missed your turn.

• Like 1

As Sindel says, if you have a ticket for batch X, you can queue for your photo for any batch numbered X or later, if you happen to miss when batch X is called for any reason.

What I've done a couple times is get the photo, and then have the guests sign the photo. Having a low batch number there is handy so you have more time to then get the autographs.