Latest Guest Announcement - ADAM BALDWIN

• Showmasters Admin
2 minutes ago, D4vem88 said:

Gutted for his Collectormania cancellation. And of course the one year I can only attend Friday. 

I suppose I will wait on ‘the man they call Jayne’ a little longer. 

We've just fixed the above to confirm he is attending Friday ;)

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Gutted about Katee canceled (again), but Adam makes more than up for it :thumbup: Thank you SM!

Will there be any Full Metal Jacket pics?

For good reason they won't comment on what 8x10's might be there so as always if you want a specific image it's best to bring it with you.  Whilst it's not guaranteed, the Pre Order site is a good guide to what MAY be available, but there's also no guarantee that an image might not have run out when you get through the queue.  If it was a big part, there is a good chance they will have it, if it's smaller, they may not

Edited by Raylenth

56 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

For good reason they won't comment on what 8x10's might be there so as always if you want a specific image it's best to bring it with you.  Whilst it's not guaranteed, the Pre Order site is a good guide to what MAY be available, but there's also no guarantee that an image might not have run out when you get through the queue.  If it was a big part, there is a good chance they will have it, if it's smaller, they may not

Thank you for explaining! I guess I read the same answer before... another post, a different guest... anyway, good to know and won't ask this kind of question again :blush: ;)

In two minds about this one. Love Firefly, but on the other hand Adam Baldwin was active in GamerGate, and I think I read somewhere he's an anti-vaxxer? Of course the original intention of GamerGate was good, before it spiraled into misogyny, so maybe Adam was supportive of the original intent? What do you think? Should I see him or not?

Edit: to forestall any big discussion on the safety or not of vaccines, I don't want to hear any arguments pro- or anti-. I'm not looking to be convinced whether vaccines are actually safe or not. I'm just wondering whether I should get the autograph of someone who holds an opinion I personally think is wrong, for all that he was in a show I love.

Edited by whitewillow

13 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

In two minds about this one. Love Firefly, but on the other hand Adam Baldwin was active in GamerGate, and I think I read somewhere he's an anti-vaxxer? Of course the original intention of GamerGate was good, before it spiraled into misogyny, so maybe Adam was supportive of the original intent? What do you think? Should I see him or not?

Edit: to forestall any big discussion on the safety or not of vaccines, I don't want to hear any arguments pro- or anti-. I'm not looking to be convinced whether vaccines are actually safe or not. I'm just wondering whether I should get the autograph of someone who holds an opinion I personally think is wrong, for all that he was in a show I love.

Only you can decide.  It's something that does come up occasionally in the auto collecting community, when any event books a guest who has opinions/actions that might offend, but at the end of the day only you can decide if meeting them outweighs what ever the offence is I'm afraid.

I got a picture with Alan Tudyk in 2017 and Jewel Staite last year, and this year Adam Baldwin and Gina Torres! Now we really need Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau and Sean Mayer, also Morena Baccarin. :D

Edited by Kaybird