The VQ system

Annick

If I name it correctly in the first place...

Question for you guys who have more experience with this then I have...

In 2012 this system wasn't there yet (to my knowledge). You paid at crewman before walking to 'who-ever' you wanted to have an auto from, and that's that.

In 2018 Dortmund it was the same.

In the same year Birmingham I suddenly was confronted with this VQ system.  Too bad I had no idea, and because of this I couldn't get my photo signed anymore.

Now I don't want to make the same mistake again, but...  

Can you only buy a number for the day on the day..? (so on Saturday for the Saterday, etc.?) Not that you come on the Friday that you buy one for the Saturday?

Again... I'm a complete newbie in this.

1 minute ago, Annick said:

If I name it correctly in the first place...

Question for you guys who have more experience with this then I have...

In 2012 this system wasn't there yet (to my knowledge). You paid at crewman before walking to 'who-ever' you wanted to have an auto from, and that's that.

In 2018 Dortmund it was the same.

In the same year Birmingham I suddenly was confronted with this VQ system.  Too bad I had no idea, and because of this I couldn't get my photo signed anymore.

Now I don't want to make the same mistake again, but...  

Can you only buy a number for the day on the day..? (so on Saturday for the Saterday, etc.?) Not that you come on the Friday that you buy one for the Saturday?

Again... I'm a complete newbie in this.

If they use the VQ system, and I think they will,  then yes, you can only get the ticket on the day, and it has to be used on that day.  So if you get a Saturday one, it can't be used on Sunday, you'd have to get another one on Sunday if you weren't called on Saturday.  The VQ's are free though, as they are not a guarantee of meeting the guest and are just a place in the queue.  If your number gets called you pay when you are in the queue.

Also I'll just add, that as you haven't said what ticket you have, if you have a package ticket, the Commander and above packages don't need to get VQ's as they include the ability to join any queue without them, so you only need VQ's if you have the lieutenant package or standard 3 day, weekend or day tickets

Edited by Raylenth

20 hours ago, Raylenth said:

If they use the VQ system, and I think they will,  then yes, you can only get the ticket on the day, and it has to be used on that day.  So if you get a Saturday one, it can't be used on Sunday, you'd have to get another one on Sunday if you weren't called on Saturday.  The VQ's are free though, as they are not a guarantee of meeting the guest and are just a place in the queue.  If your number gets called you pay when you are in the queue.

Aha, didn't knew that. I thought you bought a token of whatever there and give this to the crewman sitting with the guest.

Only a question.. what is then the difference between standing in line with this 'thing' and standing in line to pay like 2012 en Dortmund 2018 when the guest have no waiting fans before or after you..  Maybe that works for true A guests like George Takei or other TOS guest, but for guests lesser busy...

20 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Also I'll just add, that as you haven't said what ticket you have, if you have a package ticket, the Commander and above packages don't need to get VQ's as they include the ability to join any queue without them, so you only need VQ's if you have the lieutenant package or standard 3 day, weekend or day tickets

For now, none. Am busy with my flights and hotel. Need more information (talks, photoshoots, etc.) before I can buy a ticket. But my wild guess is that I buy a weekend or 3 days ticket.

13 minutes ago, Annick said:

Aha, didn't knew that. I thought you bought a token of whatever there and give this to the crewman sitting with the guest.

Only a question.. what is then the difference between standing in line with this 'thing' and standing in line to pay like 2012 en Dortmund 2018 when the guest have no waiting fans before or after you..  Maybe that works for true A guests like George Takei or other TOS guest, but for guests lesser busy...

If I get what you are asking, they don't use the VQ for the smaller guests, so for them you do just queue up or go right up if there is no queue.  If the big guests have quietened down later in the day and they have called all the passes and VQ's they will put them on 'open queue' which means you can go up without needing a VQ.  Don't rely on that happening though.

15 minutes ago, Annick said:

For now, none. Am busy with my flights and hotel. Need more information (talks, photoshoots, etc.) before I can buy a ticket. But my wild guess is that I buy a weekend or 3 days ticket.

You will need VQ's for the mid level and big guests with those tickets.