Great news for games fans!

• Showmasters Admin

Are you attending Film & Comic Con Collectormania 26 next weekend? And are you interested in games? Well we have some good news for you!

Anyone attending Collectormania on 1st or 2nd June can now access the UK Games Expo for a hugely reduced rate of only £5 after 1pm. Simply show your wristband, or hand stamp on the door to access this great offer.

The UK Games Expo is the biggest hobby games convention in the UK and the third largest in the world, covering all manner of games including board games, collectable card games, role playing games, and tabletop miniatures games, and is a fun event for families and curious fans as well as die-hard games enthusiasts. Featuring a huge 20,000sqm trade space, UK Games Expo also features a dedicated family zone, demonstrations, cosplayers, live entertainment, and much more.
For more on the event check out https://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk

UKGE_collectomania_twitter_no_ticketprice.jpg

UKGE19_915x515_SmartGirlBeatingDad.jpg

UKGE19_915x515_Family_Choosing_Games.jpg

UKGE19_915x515_Wide_Shot_Hall2_&_Vikings.jpg

Hi may I ask a question  please if you were to buy a games expo ticket according to there site you can gain access to collectormaina  for free after 1 o'clock  but we the collectormaina  customers  are being charged  five pounds for after 1 o'clock  to games expo  many thanks x 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, harley said:

Hi may I ask a question  please if you were to buy a games expo ticket according to there site you can gain access to collectormaina  for free after 1 o'clock  but we the collectormaina  customers  are being charged  five pounds for after 1 o'clock  to games expo  many thanks x 

Hi harley, what's the question?

Edited by Raylenth

Sorry if I made it hard to understand  according to Birmingham  collectormaina sites:   I have already brought tickets to this event if I wish to go to the games expo I will have to pay 5 pounds to enter  that event after 1 o'clock  but  if I had purchased  a games expo ticket first  I would get into collectormaina  for free after 1 o'clock - how  can this be right in my eyes it should be the same for each show after 1 o'clock  please  explain  why .... many thanks again x

20 minutes ago, harley said:

Sorry if I made it hard to understand  according to Birmingham  collectormaina sites:   I have already brought tickets to this event if I wish to go to the games expo I will have to pay 5 pounds to enter  that event after 1 o'clock  but  if I had purchased  a games expo ticket first  I would get into collectormaina  for free after 1 o'clock - how  can this be right in my eyes it should be the same for each show after 1 o'clock  please  explain  why .... many thanks again x

They are different companies, so whilst I don't know the reasoning for the different pricing structure, that's what they have agreed with each other I guess. The problem with wanting to get into C26 free if you had known is that if they offer it out early it means they wouldn't get much money from ticket sales, and that's what lets them book the venue and book the first guests.  It's more a way of drawing customers of the gaming company in for a look round, maybe they will buy some auto's from the quieter guests and a bit of extra custom for the traders.  The £5 fee for getting into the games event is very reduced so is a good deal if you like gaming, but I don't know anything about that event to say why it's still being charged - but it's probably similar, that if people can get in free later, they will pay for a cheap ticket for C26 and go over later and then they loose out (I am just guessing though)

Edited by Raylenth

Unfortunately none of us here have any details of the agreement that the two companies worked out, really sorry. 

Best recommendation I have is to bring this up at the Organisers Booth of either event. They may be able to give you a better answer. All I can say as a mod is "what Raylenth said", and I realize that does not answer your question.

Try looking at it from a business perspective.

Both shows’ organisers are businesses.

Like any other business, they need to make money for their shows to succeed and profit towards their next show.

Both make money from us paying for entry tickets and traders paying for a pitch/table at the event.

Showmasters also make money from photoshoots and Diamond Passes as UKGE do not normally have guests attending.

I didn’t go this year, but if this arrangement happens next year, I might go to both on the same day subject to the guest list and/or my finances.