Photo Shoot Props

Is it okay to bring a prop or accessory along to a photo shoot with you?

For example, I'm working on a sketch of one of the guests that I'm planning to have printed out and signed by them.  Would I be able to bring this print along to the shoot and include it in the photo?

Also, what are the rules, if any, on giving gifts to a guest; could I, say, give the guest a copy of my sketch ?

As long as you don't pull the Freddy Kruger glove with the knives on a guest without warning props are okay. Just be prepared to explain what you want quite fast.

The photo session runs too fast for gifts. If you plan anything of that kind the autograph session would be the way to go. Usually we advise against food or bigger and bulky items. Can't see any issues with a sketch. :smile:

Yeah, I would give a copy of it to them at the autograph session, then bring the signed copy to the shoot.  Should I just explain to a staff member when they scan my ticket, or would it need to be to a member of the photography crew?  I would literally just be holding the sketch up in front of me.

7 hours ago, OnTheWall said:

Yeah, I would give a copy of it to them at the autograph session, then bring the signed copy to the shoot.  Should I just explain to a staff member when they scan my ticket, or would it need to be to a member of the photography crew?  I would literally just be holding the sketch up in front of me.

You're over thinking it :laugh:  If you want to just hold it up, you don't need to alert the crew, just take it into the shoot with you ready to hold and that's it.  Hold it up, ask the guest quickly to hold it with you if you want, boom, photo taken and away you go.  The crew and photographer are used to people taking props in and doing poses.  The key is always quick and simple, which this will be.

I did something similar a while back , i explained to the guest at the auto table what i wanted to do , she was fine with it and remembered me when i was at the photoshoot .

I bought two photo op tickets , one shot with the item and one shot without .

I was going to bring a black snooker ball for the Dennis Taylor and Steve Davis shoot

however, have SM thought of this as an optional idea for the shoot in general?

ie have one there, and ask each person if they want it or not. B)

Edited by andrewrolar

53 minutes ago, andrewrolar said:

I was going to bring a black snooker ball for the Dennis Taylor and Steve Davis shoot

however, have SM thought of this as an optional idea for the shoot in general?

ie have one there, and ask each person if they want it or not. B)

*insert Nate joke involving balls and holding them here*

• Like 1