Latest Guest Announcement - FRANCO NERO

1 hour ago, Spacecadet is here said:

Franco Nero never turned up yesterday, Any Chance if we can use the Tickets today please? :help:

He is now Sold out as he only has a 5 minute slot. 

My friend asked that yesterday and the answer was no as its sold out and a small window, otherwise it would cause big delays. Sunday is still available, I brought one this morning

13 hours ago, Raylenth said:

You will be refunded the photo shoot money in due course, but you would have paid the entry anyway, he could have cancelled 5 minutes after you bought it I'm afraid, that's the risk of these events.

There was no cancellation on the website though, and I bought the tickets weeks ago

4 hours ago, Russell22w said:

There was no cancellation on the website though, and I bought the tickets weeks ago

Same difference though, guests cancel, it's part and parcel of events like this as anything can happen.  It's a chance you take if you book to come, we've all had guests cancel on us at some point or another, some of us have lost every single guest they were coming to see.  It sucks, especially when you have non refundable travel ect, but it happens - you can't lock guests into 'no cancellation' contracts because no one would ever agree to come otherwise.

• Like 1

Met Franco, nice guy, a bit subdued but strikes me he’s a con novice so probably a bit daunted by the crowds.

Had a laugh at my dedication and the print looks superb, love it when a guest takes time and care over their autograph signing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Diabolik said:

Met Franco, nice guy, a bit subdued but strikes me he’s a con novice so probably a bit daunted by the crowds.

Had a laugh at my dedication and the print looks superb, love it when a guest takes time and care over their autograph signing.

Hes done many cons, my mate met him in Germany last year. Why did he laugh at your dedication 

5 hours ago, Diabolik said:

I asked him to write “Don’t touch my coffin!”, a line from the film :)

Yeah I had that when I got his auto yesterday an also from last year when a friend got one for me. No decent coffin pix out there due to the age of the film

As my photo was cancelled for Friday I decided instead to get an autograph on Sat. 

Actually really glad it worked out that way as I wouldn't have had long at all to talk to him at a photo, but I spent quite a while with him at the desk as he had no queue.

An absolute sweetheart. He was having his lunch at the table but wouldn't hear of me coming back later and even offered me half of his fruit! 

A really terrific guest, hope to get the photo another time but chuffed with how it worked out :)

• Like 1