15 minutes ago, Debbie1962 said:

I am planning to get to the earlier opening time what are the waiting times generally to get in? I have arthritis and will have problems standing if it takes ages to get in. Thanks.

Quite hard to answer.  If you mean once the line starts moving, then entry is normally quite quick, but if you mean what time do people queue from, that's different for everyone.  People can queue from quite early if they want the big names as you need to get VQ's and they will queue from an early time to increase their odds, but it really depends on who you want.   Have you looked into and applied for an Access pass if you qualify?

4 minutes ago, Debbie1962 said:

What is an access pass? Sorry this will be my first time at one of these shows so I don't have a clue how it all works. I am wanting to have a photo and autograph with Rutger Hauer.

It's to help attendees with mobility issues, have a read here.  You might not qualify but it's worth a look http://www.filmandcomicconbirmingham.com/index.php/accessibility

Please have a read of this as well so you are familiar with how the autograph system works as Rutger will be on the Virtual Queue system http://www.filmandcomicconbirmingham.com/index.php/2014-09-29-15-24-14/autographs

That is very helpful thank you so much. I do have a blue badge and relevant paper work so should be able to get some help. This makes me feel so much better and more able to cope with the whole mobility issue.

• Like 1

Yes, Blue Badge will be fine. Just apply on the website Raylenth linked and you'll get the help you need. If there's any questions left they will get back to you.

Years ago I managed to mess up my ankle the night before the old Manchester Collectormania. Hospital and everything. They gave me crutches. Me being me I still tried to hobble around the event. Crew saw me, went "that's not gonna work" and organised a wheelchair that I was even allowed to take back to the hotel and return the next evening when the event closed. And that was before a dedicated assistance team was there. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Debbie1962 said:

What is an access pass? Sorry this will be my first time at one of these shows so I don't have a clue how it all works. I am wanting to have a photo and autograph with Rutger Hauer.

Something to be aware of, if you're meaning a paid photoshoot when you say "photo" that the timetables of events are not released until a couple of weeks before and can take place any time from show open to show close. If you a look in the past events sections you'll see some previous timetables to give you an idea. You can get your hand stamped when you leave the hall which will allow you re-entry.

8 minutes ago, Knitty Fred said:

Something to be aware of, if you're meaning a paid photoshoot when you say "photo" that the timetables of events are not released until a couple of weeks before and can take place any time from show open to show close. If you a look in the past events sections you'll see some previous timetables to give you an idea. You can get your hand stamped when you leave the hall which will allow you re-entry.

Yes a paid photo shoot. I understand regarding the timing. Thanks for the info.