RIP Peter Mayhew

Queen_Sindel

It is with great sadness that I just learned of the passing of Peter Mayhew. 

Some American entertainment sites like Hollywood Reporter started reporting his passing some hours ago. Half an hour ago his official Twitter confirmed he passed away on April 30.

Our thoughts are with his family.

Rest in peace Peter, and thanks for the memories. Chewie and Leia are together again. May the Force be with you! 

Peter-Mayhew-Forum-001.jpg

• Sad 6

I do wonder if what caused him to miss the first day of Star Wars Celebration last month contributed sadly... he will be sadly missed, I am glad I made the time in March to queue and meet him again at LFCC Spring :(

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Bumper8 said:

I had already opened a thread on this subject but it seems to have disappeared.

Rest In Peace Peter.

When I tried to merge your post with this unfortunately your post disappeared, and I have not been able to recover it. Unfortunately the forum software is sometimes a bit temperamental if posts are made at the same time. Then merging goes crazy.

My apologies for that, and thanks for taking the time to repost. 

While I didn't meet him at LFCC Spring, I briefly looked over to his queue and he seemed in good spirits when he was interacting with the fans, guess what I'm saying in a roundabout way my last memory of him is a positive one.

R.I.P. Peter

• Like 2

• Showmasters Admin

Always a favourite and welcomed guest at our events over so many years, our thoughts are with Angie, and their children at this difficult time.

RIP Peter Mayhew. You will be very much missed, dear friend, by all at Showmasters.

• Like 2

I'm very sad I never got to meet him now. I'm a huge Star Wars fan and since he was always a staple at these events I assumed I would have more opportunities in the future. Guess you never know. RIP Peter, you will definitely be missed.

One of the nicest guests I’ve ever met at a Showmasters event. He was clearly tired and in pain when I met him at GFCC but he was still friendly and kind and lovely to everyone he met. RIP.