Hand Stamps

Hello :)

Need a bit of advice and wasn't sure where to post this but here goes,

My wife is an EXTREMELY fussy eater (it drives me a bit mad sometimes!) but she finally found a place outside the Olympia building (franks sandwich bar) that she likes, thank god!

The only issue is we queue much earlier than they open, by the time they do open it’s very difficult for one of us to get out the queue to go and get something. What I would like to know is once we are inside the main building at 9am can I get my hand stamped, go and get food and then come straight back in without going through the huge queue? My wife gets lots of autos so that’s why we need to get there early so she can get low numbers.

I think you'll be OK. Are you going to go out directly after getting the VTs? If you go out later, say 11 you definitely don't need to wait in a queue (I know because I did that one time. But I don't remember if there was a queue at that time anyway. All I remember is I went right in). Likely you'll be OK even if you go out at 9-9.30. Anyone with experience going out at that time?

Do you mean going out after you got your VT tickets, or go in and turn straight around?

If it's Version B remember your wife would only be able to get one ticket per guest, so you couldn't join her in the line.

Also Crew is likely not set up for someone to turn around immediately, you may incur a wait til they get the stamps Ready. At that Point the priority is to get People in, not out. ;)

If it's Version A: after 15 or Maybe 20 minutes most of the Queue will be in anyway. Tickets are all prescanned now, so the actual entry takes much less time. Depending on how many tickets you have to grab and how Long the line at the Sandwich Place will be most People will be in and you wouldn't Encounter much of a Queue at all.

My wife has some anxiety problems so we are usually in the main queue from 6am so she can get VQs. We would probably leave to get food between 9:30 and 10 but we could always wait until a bit later when they have set up. I won’t be queuing for the autographs with her, I will be doing the photo shoots :D thank everyone for your help :rolleyes:

9.30 should be okay. I just wasn't sure from the way you described it, it sounded a bit like you'd walk in the door, tell her you'll see her later, turn around and leave. We had more crazy ideas than that. ;)

Considering you'll Need some time to get there and they'll Need time to prepare your order Version A applies. The line will mostly be in by the time you get back. The later you will leave the better though. 10 would definitely be fine. 9.30 you'll likely still be going against traffic. ;)