Answers to FAQ

4 minutes ago, gracet125 said:

Please can a member of LFCC staff clear this up.

I have seen a lot of ticket resell posts in LFCC fb groups. At first, it was just normal "Selling ticket for "day" " Until someone pointed out that ID may be checked.

There are now a lot of posts with sellers stating they will provide the buyer with a copy of their ID.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I would assume that if you are asked to present ID and present someone else's ID then you will still be refused entry?

A lot of people are asking how this would go if it was a gift. Is there any way you can discern the difference between gifts and reselling? I.e. if a gift does the person who bought the gift have to be present, etc.

I know LFCC don't really do ID checks (they don't check every single person) but I imagine you do spot checks and all it takes is one spot check and someone who bought a resold ticket and there's going to be people complaining they were not informed etc so just want an LFCC staff member to clear this situation up and I will relay to the FB group.

Tickets cannot be sold on, and if Showmasters have reason to believe it has, they may well refuse entry. If a ticket is bought as a gift, there is an option when buying the ticket to put it in a different name, specifically for this.

11 minutes ago, gracet125 said:

Please can a member of LFCC staff clear this up.

I have seen a lot of ticket resell posts in LFCC fb groups. At first, it was just normal "Selling ticket for "day" " Until someone pointed out that ID may be checked.

There are now a lot of posts with sellers stating they will provide the buyer with a copy of their ID.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I would assume that if you are asked to present ID and present someone else's ID then you will still be refused entry?

A lot of people are asking how this would go if it was a gift. Is there any way you can discern the difference between gifts and reselling? I.e. if a gift does the person who bought the gift have to be present, etc.

I know LFCC don't really do ID checks (they don't check every single person) but I imagine you do spot checks and all it takes is one spot check and someone who bought a resold ticket and there's going to be people complaining they were not informed etc so just want an LFCC staff member to clear this situation up and I will relay to the FB group.

Lots of people on those groups have already said what the official policy is, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

On 7/23/2019 at 1:26 PM, natedammit said:

It's usually a poster or a mug.

The one exception was last year when Tom Welling's DP gift was a used pair of his underpants.

With the Jeremy Renner DP I got an A3 print.  It was nice.   I did debate getting it signed at the event but didn't have the budget at the time.  

I'm intrigued with what the Jason Isaacs DP gift might be.   With the Renner one it definitely said free print while I think the Isaacs one says gift.  

21 minutes ago, Legolassie Malfoy said:

With the Jeremy Renner DP I got an A3 print.  It was nice.   I did debate getting it signed at the event but didn't have the budget at the time.  

I'm intrigued with what the Jason Isaacs DP gift might be.   With the Renner one it definitely said free print while I think the Isaacs one says gift.  

What did you get signed for your DP jeremy renner auto?

Probably been answered way in the past, but might as well throw this up... if you're attending for say all three days, and have a DP for say Saturday, can you collect the free gift on Friday or Sunday, or does it have to be Saturday?

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Probably been answered way in the past, but might as well throw this up... if you're attending for say all three days, and have a DP for say Saturday, can you collect the free gift on Friday or Sunday, or does it have to be Saturday?

As far as I'm aware the gifts can be collected any time but I don't actually have direct experience here

5 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

You can collect any time. The desk is open all weekend. Doesn't have to be day specific as the gift does not change.

Hi all.  I went to my first LFCC last year, on the Saturday.  I got there around half 10, and it seemed to take an age to get in as the queue (General Admission ticket) was huge.

I'm going on the Sunday this year, and my plan was to get there around 10am.  I have a photoshoot at 11am, and just wanted to check if you think that will be enough time to queue up and get in before it starts?  I'm assuming (hoping!) it will be, but just wanted to double check.  I can always arrive earlier if need be.  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, bigboots73 said:

Hi all.  I went to my first LFCC last year, on the Saturday.  I got there around half 10, and it seemed to take an age to get in as the queue (General Admission ticket) was huge.

I'm going on the Sunday this year, and my plan was to get there around 10am.  I have a photoshoot at 11am, and just wanted to check if you think that will be enough time to queue up and get in before it starts?  I'm assuming (hoping!) it will be, but just wanted to double check.  I can always arrive earlier if need be.  Thanks!

Sunday tends to be a quieter day than Saturday, but really you're asking an impossible question to answer as we have no way to know how many other people might decide to turn up at that time I'm afraid.

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

Sunday tends to be a quieter day than Saturday, but really you're asking an impossible question to answer as we have no way to know how many other people might decide to turn up at that time I'm afraid.

Yeah, fair point.  I think I'll get there a little earlier and play it safe.  Thank you!

2 minutes ago, David1993 said:

I have 2 photo shoots on Friday at 10:35 (batch 2 both of them). At wich time should I arrive to queue outside the venue in order to get in and then get both shoots done without problems?

I was thinking 8-8:30?

That should be ok. 10.35 is not early really. The queue may be large but once it starts getting in it moves pretty quickly. You’ll be inside long before 10.35 if your there by 8.

I have 2 photo shoots on Friday at 10:35 (batch 2 both of them). At wich time should I arrive to queue outside the venue in order to get in and then get both shoots done without problems?

I was thinking 8-8:30?

You could get there for 9 and still be fine if those two shoots are the only things you are doing. If you want to get vqs for anyone then I'd suggest getting there earlier. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

You could get there for 9 and still be fine if those two shoots are the only things you are doing. If you want to get vqs for anyone then I'd suggest getting there earlier. 

I have other shoots after that but autographs I was thinking getting 3 or 4 but they are not for any of the big guests that day. Should I still get earlier for the vqs?

1 minute ago, David1993 said:

I have other shoots after that but autographs I was thinking getting 3 or 4 but they are not for any of the big guests that day. Should I still get earlier for the vqs?

It never hurts to get the vq’s As early as you can as it is impossible to judge how busy a guest will be.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, David1993 said:

Do you mind saying who they are? If we know who you're after it'll make it easier to judge when you need to get there. :D

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Do you mind saying who they are? If we know who you're after it'll make it easier to judge when you need to get there. :D

Sure, I was thinking Matthew Lillard, Manu Bennett, Kane Hodder and probably Robert Patrick and Adam Baldwin (deppends on whatever budget I got left for the day:lol:)

Just now, David1993 said:

Sure, I was thinking Matthew Lillard, Manu Bennett, Kane Hodder and probably Robert Patrick and Adam Baldwin (deppends on whatever budget I got left for the day:lol:)

In that case yes, definitely aim to be there for around 8. I imagine they will all be on the vq system, so getting there as early as you can would help you greatly. If you can stay until the end of the day then you stand a good chance at getting them all. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

In that case yes, definitely aim to be there for around 8. I imagine they will all be on the vq system, so getting there as early as you can would help you greatly. If you can stay until the end of the day then you stand a good chance at getting them all. 

Okay 8 it is then. So how it works is they give out X number of vqs and they might go quick or might take a while, right? I can stay till closing time, but if there are no more vqs once I arrive then it would be impossible to get an auto, correct?

Edited by David1993
spelling

3 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I agree. It’s often the medium costing guests that are the hardest to judge. They definitely should be on the VQ system to start but might not be. They did this with Paul McGann. He was mid-price and had no vq’s At the start of the day. By lunchtime they’d started them and handed out hundreds. The best advice is even if they are not on VQ’s when you go in first thing, keep an eye on them because they could start at any time.

• Thanks 1

Okay 8 it is then. So how it works is they give out X number of vqs and they might go quick or might take a while, right? I can stay till closing time, but if there are no more vqs once I arrive then it would be impossible to get an auto, correct?

That is correct but if you get there for 8 you will definitely get a low enough VQ to get them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

That is correct but if you get there for 8 you will definitely get a low enough VQ to get them.

Thank you for your advice, I will be there at 8. I can imagine it must be difficult to try and get a vq for one of the big guests

Just now, David1993 said:

Thank you for your advice, I will be there at 8. I can imagine it must be difficult to try and get a vq for one of the big guests

Not really, obviously you’re up against more people wanting to get their vq’s but if you’re far enough up the queue you can easily get most of them. It helps if you’re lucky and several ones you want are located beside one another but there’s no way of knowing that until you are in the hall itself.