Answers to FAQ

4 minutes ago, Dr.1963 said:

Can anyone suggest how to preserve autographs on the back of phones as I met some Youtubers and had them sign the back of my phone?

Other than not using it any more I'm not sure if you can, any preservative action you take could probably wear off with use?

1 minute ago, Queen_Sindel said:

Phone or phone case?

That's what I was wondering, if it's the case, change it out and stick it in a perspex case on a stand to display and keep it clean, it it's the phone and it's in use, the auto's are probably going to come off as I'd imagine event if you lacquer it, use may wear it away.

2 hours ago, Dr.1963 said:

Can anyone suggest how to preserve autographs on the back of phones as I met some Youtubers and had them sign the back of my phone?

That seems like a pretty mad thing to do as everyone says I’d think it would wear off. If you are made of money perhaps just get a new phone and stop using that one and keep it in a case?

I checked with my sister because I vaguely remembered she has done something like that too. She actually put sticky see through foil on it. Lacquer or veneer would have been my idea too, but Mayhem is correct. 

What kind of phone is it? For some you can get replacement back covers, maybe that's an option if the autographs are on there.

Hi I have my 8 x 10 autographs in black pockets (Arrowfile - RA9790B) in a four ring binder with a slipcase also from arrowfile and was wondering if this is enough to protect them or if i should get some sort of backing boards behind each autograph? I'm also just curious how other people store/display their autographs any advise or even photos would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Dpool97

7 minutes ago, Dpool97 said:

Hi I have my 8 x 10 autographs in black pockets (Arrowfile - RA9790B) in a four ring binder with a slipcase also from arrowfile and was wondering if this is enough to protect them or if i should get some sort of backing boards behind each autograph? I'm also just curious how other people store/display their autographs any advise or even photos would be greatly appreciated.

I use backing boards for each of my 8x10s and V strips to attach them to them.

6 minutes ago, Dpool97 said:

I'm on the website right now, do you happen to know specific type also what sleeves and binder/box do you use?

I use the BXTCBP0535 binder boxes (these are their more expensive ones)

PACSAS0225 backing boards

and the PYTCRP7609 pockets.

You need to email them to create an account to be able to order.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dpool97 said:

Itoya portfolios

3 hours ago, Dpool97 said:

You got any pictures of what they look like in it mayhem 

Not offhand, but all the big autograph collectors I know use them. It's because the sleeves are archival acid-free for starters.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:30 PM, Dpool97 said:

Cheers man you got any photos of how they look if not its cool 

I was putting my stuff away from LFCC today so I took some pics for you of what I use from Conservation By Design:

OwBypOq.jpg

You can get the spines in different colours (you'd have to ask them what the full range is). I used red for autos and blue for photos.

sGZCAVV.jpgA8HwG5V.jpg

The 8x10s are held on the backing board using V strips then placed into the sleeves. I store 50 autos per binder (though I think you're meant to do less than that!)

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wrong Name said:

I was putting my stuff away from LFCC today so I took some pics for you of what I use from Conservation By Design:

OwBypOq.jpg

You can get the spines in different colours (you'd have to ask them what the full range is). I used red for autos and blue for photos.

sGZCAVV.jpgA8HwG5V.jpg

The 8x10s are held on the backing board using V strips then placed into the sleeves. I store 50 autos per binder (though I think you're meant to do less than that!)

Cheers man they look great, would it work without the V strips don't know if i want to stick anything on the back of the pictures