Answers to FAQ

16 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Take your email confirmation and the pass you were given to the sales desk tomorrow. As long as you still have the proof that your pass is wrong and that you haven't bought the wrong day by mistake then they will definitely be able to help you. The lesson here is to always check them when you collect them.

Quietly takes DP out of bag and looks a day on it.  Nods. Puts back in bag and carries on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hello again! Are you already there? I still have a couple of free hours before going to the airport ;)

One quick question: As you might remember, I got a DP for Carrie-Moss, but I don't have a picture to be signed. I think I remember that if we didn't have one, the organization Will give the DP holders one to be signed, but I'm not sure and I can't find this anywhere (I'm a bit excited, so this could be me). Can someone confirm me this?

See you all tomorrow!

2 minutes ago, burhen said:

Hello again! Are you already there? I still have a couple of free hours before going to the airport ;)

One quick question: As you might remember, I got a DP for Carrie-Moss, but I don't have a picture to be signed. I think I remember that if we didn't have one, the organization Will give the DP holders one to be signed, but I'm not sure and I can't find this anywhere (I'm a bit excited, so this could be me). Can someone confirm me this?

See you all tomorrow!

Every guest has a selection of 8x10 photos at their autogpeah tables. If you don't have anything to sign you can choose from those photos and get that signed. You don't need to pay for the 8x10. :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Every guest has a selection of 8x10 photos at their autogpeah tables. If you don't have anything to sign you can choose from those photos and get that signed. You don't need to pay for the 8x10. :D

Thank you!!

Hi,

It's my first comic con tomorrow and just had a quick question about taking drinks in.

I saw there was talk about water refill places inside but can you bring a filled bottle in with you/does it need to be empty? I've been to a couple of things before where you could take an empty bottle in and fill it at the venue or were asked to drink what you are bringing in in front of security. I did a search of the forum but couldn't find anything to confirm.

Just I'm bringing a nice water bottle with me and want to make sure I'm okay bringing it in etc :)

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Brownboxes said:

Hi,

It's my first comic con tomorrow and just had a quick question about taking drinks in.

I saw there was talk about water refill places inside but can you bring a filled bottle in with you/does it need to be empty? I've been to a couple of things before where you could take an empty bottle in and fill it at the venue or were asked to drink what you are bringing in in front of security. I did a search of the forum but couldn't find anything to confirm.

Just I'm bringing a nice water bottle with me and want to make sure I'm okay bringing it in etc :)

Thanks!

Bringing your own filled bottles in is fine, some security might get funny if it's glass or metal so it's best to go with plastic, but there's no restrictions.

Hey,

I’ve got a Sunday Billy Dee Williams Diamond Pass, but I’m unsure what I have to do in order to get his autograph. Will he be signing all day long or do I have to be at his booth early in the morning? Also I am Batch 2. How will this factor into when I should arrive? 

21 minutes ago, rexusprime said:

Hey,

I’ve got a Sunday Billy Dee Williams Diamond Pass, but I’m unsure what I have to do in order to get his autograph. Will he be signing all day long or do I have to be at his booth early in the morning? Also I am Batch 2. How will this factor into when I should arrive? 

He's signing unless he's on break, doing photos or is in a talk. No need to arrive crazy early.

3 minutes ago, Loulou894 said:

I am in queue H as advised yesterday, I have my info for my disability pass.... am I in the right queue as need my documents checked 

thanks 

There is only one queue outside H, but once you have cleared security, there are separate entrances. Extra help is on the left of the hall I think.

1 hour ago, VikingGrrrl said:

There is only one queue outside H, but once you have cleared security, there are separate entrances. Extra help is on the left of the hall I think.

No there are 2 queues. If the hall is full and the queue starts to go outside if you qualify for extra help you just go straight up to the entrance and they will.let you through to the extra help desk in the LHS and you can join from there. The entire point of extra help is to avoid being in the massive queue.

1 minute ago, Ravogd said:

No there are 2 queues. If the hall is full and the queue starts to go outside if you qualify for extra help you just go straight up to the entrance and they will.let you through to the extra help desk in the LHS and you can join from there. The entire point of extra help is to avoid being in the massive queue.

I was talking about pre hall opening. At least yesterday extra help were told to queue with everyone else during pre hall opening.

2 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

I was talking about pre hall opening. At least yesterday extra help were told to queue with everyone else during pre hall opening.

Well thats another joke. Why have extra help but only half way down the queue (which in reality is what it is, after security or not you are still queuing). I have no intention of wheeli g a chair all the way round the street as the taxi will drop us at the entrance. Well we are late and have a photo op at 9.40 so I will be going straight to the extra help desk.

Edited by Ravogd

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, VikingGrrrl said:

That is not out understanding of how this should work, Ravogd I will try my best to keep an eye on this thread any issues let us know me and QS are in the venue and will help where we can.

2 hours ago, StuartG2198 said:

That is not out understanding of how this should work, Ravogd I will try my best to keep an eye on this thread any issues let us know me and QS are in the venue and will help where we can.

Thanks. It was a moot point anyway as when we arrived only half the hall queue was full and there was nobody queuing outside so we got straight in the extra help entrance. Thanks for the clarification though. Glad to know I was correct.

2 minutes ago, Juliet18 said:

Hi the JPEG’s of the pics that are taken where will they be to buy when they do get round to uploading them? I couldn’t see anywhere thanks 

With the amount of photos taken over the weekend, it could take a while, possibly a month or so at a guess.

52 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

With the amount of photos taken over the weekend, it could take a while, possibly a month or so at a guess.

Yeah I imagine it will take a while I just wasn’t sure where you go to find them when they do get uploaded if there’s a certain area on the website etc thanks 

Hello from Spain again!! Thank you everyone for your help. It was an amazing day!! Everything went smoothly and I have to say Carrie-Anne Moss was lovely, even though I was so nervous that I forgot all my English. She must have tough I was a silly girl, but was lovely! I hope to see her again in an event.

BTW, there was a store selling swords that got my attention, but I couldn't get one because of the plane. Does someone know their site?

Again: thank you everyone for your help!! This was an amazing day