Answers to FAQ

• Moderators
30 minutes ago, Liv said:

That is a cool mug! Anything else other than mugs though? Don't want anything too heavy or difficult to take home. 

The finn Jones dp gift at Birmingham in June was a themed notebook/journal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ansett said:

Hehe, i've seen Marina Sirtis going mad when somebody from the front row left her talk ;-)

I can understand getting annoyed if someone leaves your talk early, but she should have considered the possibility that the guy had a clash with something else and chose to miss part of her talk in order to get to the other thing, as opposed to missing one of the 2 completely.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

I can understand getting annoyed if someone leaves your talk early, but she should have considered the possibility that the guy had a clash with something else and chose to miss part of her talk in order to get to the other thing, as opposed to missing one of the 2 completely.

I assumed this to have been mock-anger when I read it, but was she really angry then?

18 minutes ago, Diabolik said:

I assumed this to have been mock-anger when I read it, but was she really angry then?

It was more mock anger. The problem was that the leaving was really loud and interrupted her. She tried to ask the man a question about him leaving but didn't get a reaction which resulted in two sentences from her about rude behaviour in cons. 

2 hours ago, Diabolik said:

A bit of courtesy never goes amiss - mind you I would have thought a Betazoid would already know why he was leaving...;)

[pedantic]Of course, Deanna Troi was only half Betazoid and could only sense emotions rather than being telepathic per se.[/pedantic].

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Captain Lucas said:

[pedantic]Of course, Deanna Troi was only half Betazoid and could only sense emotions rather than being telepathic per se.[/pedantic].

Sorry, I’m more of an original series man myself...

I don't do cosplay but is there an area for cosplayers to get changed? I want to change my granddaughter into various outfits for her different photoshoots and I'll be damned if I'm taking her into the gents to do it! 

12 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

I don't do cosplay but is there an area for cosplayers to get changed? I want to change my granddaughter into various outfits for her different photoshoots and I'll be damned if I'm taking her into the gents to do it! 

Yes, there's changing rooms in the cosplay area

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

There were some changing cubicles last year. Presumably they will be there again this year. :smile:

Just read this on the gold pass info from the shop: ''we will implement a Gold only VQ system'' about the autograph priority

Does that mean that we gold passes still need to get a VQ ticket for a certain guest? Fully awere about the system for the DP guest so don't worry!

Just saw the text above: ''In the event of large queues, we will implement a Gold only VQ system''  So nevermind guys keep on going!:chair:

Edited by carlrobinmikael
New info

7 hours ago, carlrobinmikael said:

Just read this on the gold pass info from the shop: ''we will implement a Gold only VQ system'' about the autograph priority

Does that mean that we gold passes still need to get a VQ ticket for a certain guest? Fully awere about the system for the DP guest so don't worry!

Just saw the text above: ''In the event of large queues, we will implement a Gold only VQ system''  So nevermind guys keep on going!:chair:

Bear in mind you still need VQ tickets for Diamond Pass guests you don't have the Diamond for. :smile:

15 hours ago, Ansett said:

It was more mock anger. The problem was that the leaving was really loud and interrupted her. She tried to ask the man a question about him leaving but didn't get a reaction which resulted in two sentences from her about rude behaviour in cons. 

That I can understand. If it was me leaving and she had addressed me I would have said, "I'm really sorry, I have a photo shoot/talk/whatever that I need to get to or I will miss it." Also it is important when leaving early to do it as quietly as possible.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 12:22 PM, Queen_Sindel said:

Ask your friend to reimburse you? That might be me getting close to grandma age, but if I can't make something I previously agreed to attend and that a friend Paid for I would never expect that they bear the Costs anyway.

You can try e-Mailing the shop like Chris suggested, but this would be a Pretty big exception. Plus that close to a Show they are really busy, so you may not receive a Reply on time.

It's not getting close to grandma age, it's basic manners. If your friend isn't coming and you can't give the ticket to anyone else, they should reimburse you anyway. It's not your fault they can't make it.

I mentioned grandma's age because we had a similar Situation in our Pokemon Group. One of the younger Players begged me to get him an Event ticket - credit Card payments only and credit Cards are still uncommon here. Then a week later he couldn't make it. He was flabbergasted when I told him I was sorry, but he still owed me 40 Euro for his ticket because it wasn't exactly my fault that he hadn't checked with his boss before.

2 minutes ago, Queen_Sindel said:

I mentioned grandma's age because we had a similar Situation in our Pokemon Group. One of the younger Players begged me to get him an Event ticket - credit Card payments only and credit Cards are still uncommon here. Then a week later he couldn't make it. He was flabbergasted when I told him I was sorry, but he still owed me 40 Euro for his ticket because it wasn't exactly my fault that he hadn't checked with his boss before.

Bloomin' millenials. 

2 hours ago, Queen_Sindel said:

The audacity of some people!

Please can a member of LFCC staff clear this up.

I have seen a lot of ticket resell posts in LFCC fb groups. At first, it was just normal "Selling ticket for "day" " Until someone pointed out that ID may be checked.

There are now a lot of posts with sellers stating they will provide the buyer with a copy of their ID.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I would assume that if you are asked to present ID and present someone else's ID then you will still be refused entry?

A lot of people are asking how this would go if it was a gift. Is there any way you can discern the difference between gifts and reselling? I.e. if a gift does the person who bought the gift have to be present, etc.

I know LFCC don't really do ID checks (they don't check every single person) but I imagine you do spot checks and all it takes is one spot check and someone who bought a resold ticket and there's going to be people complaining they were not informed etc so just want an LFCC staff member to clear this situation up and I will relay to the FB group.