Answers to FAQ

16 minutes ago, David1993 said:

Okay then acid free from now on. So some pen colours are not good on standard toploaders and glass? I feel so stupid not knowing these things, sorry.

Kind of, some pen colours take a bit longer to dry, and the surface of the item you are getting signed does have an effect on drying time, as does pen type.  Generally the shinier the item the longer the drying will take, and the more porous the item (like paper/card) the quicker.  Paint pens take longer, and oil based paint pens take event longer (oil paint actually never technically dries) so if you add an oil based paint pen to a shiney item, you wont be putting that away for a while.

Sharpies are OK most of the time, but if you get a chance after the event it can be worth picking up different pens and testing them on stuff so you know how they react.

things like a regular sharpie on an 8x10 is fine and can be put straight away in the case Wrong linked.

Edited by Raylenth
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Kind of, some pen colours take a bit longer to dry, and the surface of the item you are getting signed does have an effect on drying time, as does pen type.  Generally the shinier the item the longer the drying will take, and the more porous the item (like paper/card) the quicker.  Paint pens take longer, and oil based paint pens take event longer (oil paint actually never technically dries) so if you add an oil based paint pen to a shiney item, you wont be putting that away for a while.

Sharpies are OK most of the time, but if you get a chance after the event it can be worth picking up different pens and testing them on stuff so you know how they react.

things like a regular sharpie on an 8x10 is fine and can be put straight away in the case Wrong linked.

I will be buying that case as well as some acid free sleeves, with the money we spent for things like this is better to be safe. Will test pens on differents papers with toploaders and such after the con for next time. Usually whenever I've gotten an auto like at a concert or a standard signing event I just go and buy a frame, I hope the ink is fine as it's touching the glass as we speak, has been for a few years... will be checking them all when my budget gets nicer the day my boss decides to pay me.

And thank you to everyone for your ideas and recommendations, for someone like me, a first timer to a convention from another country, this is greatly appreciated, I mean it! Thank you :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, David1993 said:

Okay then acid free from now on. So some pen colours are not good on standard toploaders and glass? I feel so stupid not knowing these things, sorry.

Never, EVER frame an autograph without matting it at minimum. Over time, yes it will stick if it's contact with the glass. And if you're going to display, out of sunlight and UV resistant glass at basic for the process. Many folks I know keep the original away in storage and scan/print/reproduce the item to put in the display frame.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mayhem said:

Never, EVER frame an autograph without matting it at minimum. Over time, yes it will stick if it's contact with the glass. And if you're going to display, out of sunlight and UV resistant glass at basic for the process. Many folks I know keep the original away in storage and scan/print/reproduce the item to put in the display frame.

Yes, I will be getting new frames with mat, I was unaware of this before today. The good news is I don't have them displayed near UV light as I always imagined that would be a pretty bad idea. Will make it right ASAP (waiting for payday:crying:). Thanks very much!

Does anyone know the name of the guy that makes the guest-specific frames with the nameplate & photos?

I bought one for Robert Englund at Exeter Comic Con & it's fantastic.

I'm hoping as this is the second year Jason Momoa has been at LFCC, he'll have some Jason frames for the photo I got last year.

Just now, Starbuck73 said:

Does anyone know the name of the guy that makes the guest-specific frames with the nameplate & photos?

I bought one for Robert Englund at Exeter Comic Con & it's fantastic.

I'm hoping as this is the second year Jason Momoa has been at LFCC, he'll have some Jason frames for the photo I got last year.

Asoss?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

Asoss?

Yeah that’ll be the one. Even if they don’t have any (which they will as he’s here again this year) you can order ones for past guests from their stall.

• Like 1

Is there a rough idea of who would be willing to do selfies and who wouldn't?

believe me, I am well aware I should really know this stuff by now, but its not my normal thing.

1 minute ago, Midnight said:

believe me, I am well aware I should really know this stuff by now, but its not my normal thing.

No way of knowing I’m afraid. Just assume that most of the busy guests won’t. It varies guest to guest and literally hour to hour.

2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

If they are a main guest, assume they won't be, but you never know if they got a quiet moment.

Other than waiting for it to time out does anyone know how to empty your basket on Eventbrite? I've filled it up with DP's for both days to see what batch they are up to and cant get rid of the ones I don't want. This is probably my fault. There's an open bottle of wine beside me

6 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

Other than waiting for it to time out does anyone know how to empty your basket on Eventbrite? I've filled it up with DP's for both days to see what batch they are up to and cant get rid of the ones I don't want. This is probably my fault. There's an open bottle of wine beside me

Just close the page down, that usually works for me, it will get rid of them all though.  Or go back to the main ticket selection page and change the ones you don't want to zero?

2 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

diamond passes can be bought on the day at the sales desk as long as they haven't sold out right?

yes

Edited by Raylenth
  • Like 1

Hello, I would like to know your advice on these Clashes on saturday. I can not find the best way to not miss any of them.

Ricci Talk + Alfie Allen Batch 4 + Brendan Fraser Batch 7 + Bob Gale Batch 1

7d61f6619e25918285882b1a8aa4809do.jpg

THANKS!

13 minutes ago, gackty said:

Hello, I would like to know your advice on these Clashes on saturday. I can not find the best way to not miss any of them.

THANKS!

Go to Brendan first, depending on where they got to in the morning you might get through that before Alfie starts. If not just let them know you have a clash. Then go to Alfie and let them know you have a clash with the talk. Then go to the talk. Then Bob. You might need to sneak out the last minute or so of the talk.

Edited to Add: Alternatively if it doesn't cause problems with your morning schedule, go to Alfie's AM shoot and let them know you have a clash in the PM with the Ricci Talk. They might manage to put you through then and remove the stress of that clash.

Edited by Angelzbabe
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, gackty said:

THANKS!

Can you not attend the Alfie Allen and Brendan AM shoots?That would help. The sales desk would be the place to go when you get there (contacting the shop now probably wouldn’t get a reply in time) to see if they can maybe refund a photoshoot and select a different day (assuming you are coming Sunday). They do do refunds for paid clashes but if it’s just because you are only coming on one day and for a limited time during that day (hence no am shoot for Alfie) then there’s not much they can do. If you explain your clashes I’m sure they would get you into the AM shoots.

Edited by Ravogd
  • Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 8:29 PM, tenaciouspirit said:

Hey guys :) I know similar things have been asked before, but I couldn't find the right keywords in the search bar to bring up what I was looking for

So I usually pick up my DPs on Thursday, and will do so again this year. But now my wife has ordered her first DP, and can't come up on the Thursday. Is it possible to pick hers up if I bring her ID (and maybe a note explaining the situation). Or will she have to do it on Sunday?

I should note that I ordered the DP, but it's in her name

On 7/14/2019 at 9:08 PM, Ravogd said:

They haven’t allowed this in the past so I doubt if will be possible now. There’ll be plenty of time for you to collect them on the Sunday anyway.

I emailed the shop about this as I have purchased a bunch of DP's this year and one of them is for my Auntie and has her name on it. The shop said that because I purchased it, I can pick it up as long as I bring proof that I purchased it, even though it has my Auntie name on it.

Edited by JokerJosh
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, JokerJosh said:

I emailed the shop about this as I have purchased a bunch of DP's this year and one of them is for my Auntie and has her name on it. The shop said that because I purchased it, I can pick it up as long as I bring proof that I purchased it, even though it has my Auntie name on it.

That's good that you've been able to do that. It will be because you purchased it in behalf of someone else. It is the picking up of other people's DP's that they have bought themselves that isn't allowed.

Just now, Ravogd said:

That's good that you've been able to do that. It will be because you purchased it in behalf of someone else. It is the picking up of other people's DP's that they have bought themselves that isn't allowed.

got ya. Thanks for the clarification. I got worried that I wouldn't be able to pick up all the diamond passes as they have other peoples names on them even though I brought them so i emailed the shop to clarify.

19 hours ago, Raylenth said:

Just close the page down, that usually works for me, it will get rid of them all though.  Or go back to the main ticket selection page and change the ones you don't want to zero?

This is what I do and it works fine :)