Answers to FAQ

10 minutes ago, natedammit said:

In theory checks can be made and ID asked for and entry refused. 

Especially if it says ”Lisa” on the ticket and the one holding it is 2m, big bushy beard and greats with the word ”Yo!”. :blink:

3 minutes ago, Alexfenn11 said:

What am I supposed to do with this ticket then as I cannot afford another one at the moment l?

Write to: shop@showmastersevents.com and give them full information of your situation. Maybe it can be solved but it might also not be possible. It does not hurt to ask. Just give it a try and see what happens. Good luck! ^_^

Ask your friend to reimburse you? That might be me getting close to grandma age, but if I can't make something I previously agreed to attend and that a friend Paid for I would never expect that they bear the Costs anyway.

You can try e-Mailing the shop like Chris suggested, but this would be a Pretty big exception. Plus that close to a Show they are really busy, so you may not receive a Reply on time.

3 hours ago, Dr.1963 said:

Yes, I barely ate and drank last year (LFCC 2018) because of the excitement and the fact that I had over 8 VQ's and 2 DP's so I barely had time to do those necessities, and I deeply regretted it, then I had a breakdown next to the Peter Capaldi line (I did get to meet him eventually.) so take this from someone who knows for new and old con goers, don't forget to eat, I know it sounds easy, but being at a con, you are in the moment, so just take 5 or 10 minutes to take a break, have a kit-kat and have enough energy for walking around! :coolthumb: 

I barely ate last year during the con either. But not because of the excitement, because of the heat. I made sure I drank plenty of water though. I tried so hard to eat though, I bought a packet of sweets and hula hoops to eat in the queue just to keep me going but the whole time I was feeling really sick. I honestly don't know how I managed to keep myself upright and functional as I was feeling faint almost the whole time. It's the only thing I regret about last year. I was especially feeling bad at Tom's talk, so when it was over I immediately went back to the hotel. I'm going to make sure I eat much more this year. Or at least, try harder. 

Edited by Liv

12 minutes ago, Liv said:

I barely ate last year during the con either. But not because of the excitement, because of the heat. I made sure I drank plenty of water though. I tried so hard to eat though, I bought a packet of sweets and hula hoops to eat in the queue just to keep me going but the whole time I was feeling really sick. I honestly don't know how I managed to keep myself upright and functional as I was feeling faint almost the whole time. It's the only thing I regret about last year. I was especially feeling bad at Tom's talk, so when it was over I immediately went back to the hotel. I'm going to make sure I eat much more this year. Or at least, try harder. 

May I suggest Jelly Babies? Sat in a talk? Pop a Jelly Baby in.

6 minutes ago, Dpool97 said:

What do you guys use to store/protect the autographs you get during the convention so they don't get damaged before you get home?

I use these. Doesn't press up against the auto and ruin it, and you can fit a fair amount of 8x10s and photos inside.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CMNXTJW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For larger items like posters, I have art cases.

4 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

I use these. Doesn't press up against the auto and ruin it, and you can fit a fair amount of 8x10s and photos inside.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CMNXTJW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For larger items like posters, I have art cases.

Has anyone seen if they sell them at LFCC previously?

• Like 1

Just now, Chris1970 said:

The first one I ever bought I got at LFCC but it was years ago and couldn't tell you what stall it was and if they still go. All I mainly see these days is those top loaders which I'd never get as they risk ruining the auto.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Chris1970 said:

I’ve got one of those that I have been using for years, I’ve seen someone sell them at the events before but you’re better off buying elsewhere, I think you can get them in WHSmith

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, David1993 said:

So is toploaders a bad choice for storing the autos? I bought some as I am used to seeing lots of people using them, but now I have doubts.

Curious, when you guys put them on display what do you use? Frame?

It’s all down to your own choice, I know people who have had an autograph in a toploader for years and it’s been absolutely fine, and then there’s people who just don’t like the idea of them, I use a4 acid free pockets to store my autographs 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, David1993 said:

So is toploaders a bad choice for storing the autos? I bought some as I am used to seeing lots of people using them, but now I have doubts.

Yeah, top loaders are bad. You run the risk of the autograph sticking to it instead of the photo. I actually scan all my autos and pack them away in museum quality storage files. If I want some on display, I get them printed and framed, although these days I mainly just have posters on display which are the originals, but I make sure they have a mount, to try and keep the poster from touching the glass.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, David1993 said:

They are OK for transporting non signed items home if you don't have anything else, though if you use one a lot bigger than the item size I think it's hard getting them out, but as Wrong says they aren't good for signed stuff for 2 reasons, they aren't acid free and because they are thin the auto touches the inside and may transfer.  Plenty of people have no issue with them and some pen colours might be better as they dry quicker but personally given the amounts we all spend at these things, it's not a risk I would ever want to take.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GreenArrow2046 said:

It’s all down to your own choice, I know people who have had an autograph in a toploader for years and it’s been absolutely fine, and then there’s people who just don’t like the idea of them, I use a4 acid free pockets to store my autographs 

Thank you, will get them just in case:coolthumb:

6 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

Yeah, top loaders are bad. You run the risk of the autograph sticking to it instead of the photo. I actually scan all my autos and pack them away in museum quality storage files. If I want some on display, I get them printed and framed, although these days I mainly just have posters on display which are the originals, but I make sure they have a mount, to try and keep the poster from touching the glass.

Usually whenever I have been to a signing I have framed them but I didn't think about the signature touching the glass part! Hope they are fine...I have some changing to do then. Thank you for the tip

4 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

They are OK for transporting non signed items home if you don't have anything else, though if you use one a lot bigger than the item size I think it's hard getting them out, but as Wrong says they aren't good for signed stuff for 2 reasons, they aren't acid free and because they are thin the auto touches the inside and may transfer.  Plenty of people have no issue with them and some pen colours might be better as they dry quicker but personally given the amounts we all spend at these things, it's not a risk I would ever want to take.

Okay then acid free from now on. So some pen colours are not good on standard toploaders and glass? I feel so stupid not knowing these things, sorry.

13 minutes ago, Wrong Name said:

So do I. I have framed some but those are only copies of the originals. I have a portion of the wall in my office where they are now. The rest is packed away in museum quality storage, got a fire proof controlled enviroment storage cabinet from work which I keep them..and my other imprtant papers as well. They used to store blue prints in it.

2 minutes ago, David1993 said:

I feel so stupid not knowing these things, sorry.

We all started at one point and I'm still learning things now so don't apologise! Sometimes I wish I hand't started as the stuff I use to keep my 8x10s in can cost nearly as much as the autos themselves!

1 minute ago, Wrong Name said:

We all started at one point and I'm still learning things now so don't apologise! Sometimes I wish I hand't started as the stuff I use to keep my 8x10s in can cost nearly as much as the autos themselves!

You should open a museum. Recoup some costs.