Answers to FAQ

The DP's get called first and all DP batches will be called in the AM slot (although can can go anytime after your batch is called). Then all the "normal" batch numbers. It is these that decide whether or not you can be in the AM slot. 8.30 would be better obviously especially since you have 4 that you need to get to. If they are big guests they will last around 45-60 minutes so you should be fine especially if you explain the situation to the guys running the queues.

12 minutes ago, Werewolfgirl said:

This is my first Saturday I will be attending. Have previously attended on Sundays. If I arrive at 9.00 will I be in time for the 9.30 photo shoots. I have 4 clashing together and would struggle with the PM slots because of a paid talk. 

Sorry, but exact details please. Who do you have the DP for and what is the paid talk? What are your Batch numbers for the other photo sessions?

Also please remember this is a draft schedule. Things can change when the definite version goes up.

1 minute ago, Werewolfgirl said:

A couple of them are an hour long. I just didn’t know how long it would take to get in once the event opened.

All tickets are prescanned now. It will just be a more or less big queue in front of you walking in. At 9.30 AM when the shoots start unless a door jams or something everyone should be in if you arrived before opening.

I have DPs for Brendan Fraser and Christina Ricci (which includes the talk) Batch 2 for Ian Sommerhalder and batch 4 for Tom Ellis. I also have a batch 4 for Billy Dee Williams who clashes with the talk at the PM slot so hoping they could squeeze me in at the Am just before 11. Like I said I don’t know how fast it would take to get in once the event opens. How early I would have to arrive. I will be collecting DPs on Friday so I will not have to worry about these.

5 minutes ago, Werewolfgirl said:

I have DPs for Brendan Fraser and Christina Ricci (which includes the talk) Batch 2 for Ian Sommerhalder and batch 4 for Tom Ellis. I also have a batch 4 for Billy Dee Williams who clashes with the talk at the PM slot so hoping they could squeeze me in at the Am just before 11. Like I said I don’t know how fast it would take to get in once the event opens. How early I would have to arrive. I will be collecting DPs on Friday so I will not have to worry about these.

Aaand here comes the problem. I very much doubt Billy Dee Williams will get to batch 4 in the morning shoot. That means this clash would be the "clash between paid items" I mentioned before. Go to the sales table on Friday and they'll sort you out. 

Other than that you don't really have a problem. Depending on where you have the lower number straight to either Brendan or Christina, then the other, then Ian, then Tom.

2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

is there anyway to find a rough time for photoshoots so I can book passage back to Yorkshire.

Yes, there's a pinned post with the schedules attached :huh:

But be warned it is all subject to change as there will be updated versions out before the event.

Hello! I feel like I know the answer to this question and I'm sorry if it's repetitive, but this is my first comic-con and I just want to be super sure of everything (and I'm very excited, too). My question is, is the diamond pass the best pass in order to meet a guest? Thank you very much for all the answers! This thread is my guide for the event :D

7 minutes ago, burhen said:

Hello! I feel like I know the answer to this question and I'm sorry if it's repetitive, but this is my first comic-con and I just want to be super sure of everything (and I'm very excited, too). My question is, is the diamond pass the best pass in order to meet a guest? Thank you very much for all the answers! This thread is my guide for the event :D

The Diamond Pass is the only pass that guarentees you to meet that guest.

33 minutes ago, Loulou894 said:

does anyone know when we know about disability passes, I filled out the online form but have heard nothing as yet. many thanks 

If you don't hear back then everything is fine, they will have your name on the list

43 minutes ago, burhen said:

As Queen says Diamonds are the only guaranteed way but depending on who you want to meet, not always necessary.  If you let us know who you are considering we can give you our thoughts, though generally if it's a hugely popular guest, a rare one or older/only there a day it's better to get one to be sure.

1 hour ago, burhen said:

To add to what QS said, if a photo shoot is enough of a "meeting" for you, you can get a photo shoot to "meet the guest". Photo shoots are also guaranteed. Just remember that at the photo shoot you can't talk to the guest, just have a photo taken and that's it, whereas with an autograph you may get to talk to them a bit (depends on the guest and the queue).

10 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

To add to what QS said, if a photo shoot is enough of a "meeting" for you, you can get a photo shoot to "meet the guest". Photo shoots are also guaranteed. Just remember that at the photo shoot you can't talk to the guest, just have a photo taken and that's it, whereas with an autograph you may get to talk to them a bit (depends on the guest and the queue).

Well, you *can* talk to the guest, but won't have a chance to converse :laugh:

1 hour ago, Raylenth said:

As Queen says Diamonds are the only guaranteed way but depending on who you want to meet, not always necessary.  If you let us know who you are considering we can give you our thoughts, though generally if it's a hugely popular guest, a rare one or older/only there a day it's better to get one to be sure.

Wow guys, thank you! I'd love to meet Carrie-Anne Moss. To give you a bit of context, I am going from Spain and I am only able to attend on Saturday, so I need to have everything more or less controlled. 

13 minutes ago, whitewillow said:

Thank you! I don't expect a lot of talking, but maybe a hello or something:lol: I am thinking the DP seems to fit me better!

Just now, burhen said:

Wow guys, thank you! I'd love to meet Carrie-Anne Moss. To give you a bit of context, I am going from Spain and I am only able to attend on Saturday, so I need to have everything more or less controlled. 

She will be very popular so I would definitely recommend a diamond especially if she is the only one you really want to meet. You’ll be able to relax then.

1 minute ago, burhen said:

I don't think she will be impossible to do with a VQ, but she is a rare guest, so if you want to take the stress and risk out of it then I would recommend the Diamond

Just now, Raylenth said:

I don't think she will be impossible to do with a VQ, but she is a rare guest, so if you want to take the stress and risk out of it then I would recommend the Diamond

It's clear then! I used to watch JJ in the hospital and I really liked her character, so I don't feel like risking anything. I'm going for the Diamond!

• Like 1