Answers to FAQ

couple of questions if anyone can help, would be greatly appreciated...

1st, got a photoshoot for Jason Momoa on Sunday he has since been added Friday, batch 1,

I've got entry tickets for both days , so I'll have my photoshoot, but I would rather go on Friday, any chance of being able to switch tickets, I've send an email requesting it via eventbrite, waiting for an answer.

2nd, a friend of mine is meeting Bob Gale and bringing is Hooverboard to the con, are lockers available  (big enough for an Hooverboard?); or some place he can check it in while on the con.

Thx, have a great Sunday

Edited by mrvega

5 minutes ago, mrvega said:

couple of questions if anyone can help, would be greatly appreciated...

1st, got a photoshoot for Jason Momoa on Sunday he has since been added Friday, batch 1,

I've got entry tickets for both days , so I'll have my photoshoot, but I would rather go on Friday, any chance of being able to switch tickets, I've send an email requesting it via eventbrite, waiting for an answer.

2nd, a friend of mine is meeting Bob Gale and bringing is Hooverboard to the con, are lockers available  (big enough for an Hooverboard?); or some place he can check it in while on the con.

Thx, have a great Sunday

They don't usually allow swaps but you need to email showmasters not eventbrite to ask shop@showmastersevents.com

There are no lockers but there are cloakrooms dotted around the floors where you can leave stuff, it's £1 for small items and £2 for larger ones.

5 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

They don't usually allow swaps but you need to email showmasters not eventbrite to ask shop@showmastersevents.com

There are no lockers but there are cloakrooms dotted around the floors where you can leave stuff, it's £1 for small items and £2 for larger ones.

Thanks

not long till the event now... wooooohooo

11 minutes ago, andrewrolar said:

just noticed that my DP has got DOSD instead of DODD , as my surname

I'll take my passport as ID , but should I expect any problems getting it? 

I highly doubt it but if you are worried email the shop your order number and let them know

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but how do I upload a photo onto this forum, as in into a thread.

I have a Flickr account but I'm not very tech knowledge-y and don't want to be that person who comments with a bunch of code instead of a photo...

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, LesserJowl said:

Not sure if this is the right place to ask but how do I upload a photo onto this forum, as in into a thread.

I have a Flickr account but I'm not very tech knowledge-y and don't want to be that person who comments with a bunch of code instead of a photo...

Thanks!

I'm not very tech-zavvy either, so I'll try my best. :lol:

If you upload a photo to your flickr account, go onto your photostream and select the photo. Once you do that, you should see a share icon. That will then give you a code. If you copy that code and paste in it into here, the photo should show up. That's how I do it at least. :D

Edited by The Friendly Dalek
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

I'm not very tech-zavvy either, so I'll try my best. :lol:

If you upload a photo to your flickr account, go onto your photostream and select the photo. Once you do that, you should see a share icon. That will then give you a code. If you copy that code and paste in it into here, the photo should show up. That's how I do it at least. :D

Wonnnderful thank you! I will give this a try when I get to computer!

Much gratitude!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LesserJowl said:

Thanks!

I do it similar to the Dalek (and I am not tech savvy either).

I just copy and paste a photo from Flickr. I don't copy the code. Make sure your photo settings are on public. Now this works on a laptop for me. When you paste your photo into your post it will look like a link address but after a few seconds it converts to the image.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Peter Capaldi Fan said:

I do it similar to the Dalek (and I am not tech savvy either).

I just copy and paste a photo from Flickr. I don't copy the code. Make sure your photo settings are on public. Now this works on a laptop for me. When you paste your photo into your post it will look like a link address but after a few seconds it converts to the image.

Interesting, I didn't know it worked just by copying the image itself. I'll have to try that next time. :D

• Like 2

What the guys have said.  It's confusing at first but once you have done it once or twice it's easy.  As Wrong is always saying it doesn't have to be flikr it can be any image hosting platform, you can copy photo's straight here from facebook as well and that works

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Friendly Dalek said:

Interesting, I didn't know it worked just by copying the image itself. I'll have to try that next time. :D

nor did i

Just now, dolores82 said:

Is anyone else having trouble buying tickets? The page keeps loading.

I'm guessing you are probably trying from an iPhone?  It doesn't seem to like Apple products so if you can try from a laptop/PC or Android phone it should work

1 minute ago, Flibble said:

Will all guests be VT or just the really popular ones?

They use them for most guests who are over £20/25 though a guest who isn't on VQ's may be started on them if they become very busy

• Like 1