Answers to FAQ

8 minutes ago, Keepingmesane said:

Quick question. My son has asked me to get an autograph from Brendan Fraser (he adores George of the jungle). As its my daughter and I going, do we have to pay for two autographs so we can both wait in the line even though we only want one autograph? Sorry but not sure how it works

You both need a VQ ticket and can both join the queue when the highest number is called. You only pay for the one auto.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Keepingmesane said:

Quick question. My son has asked me to get an autograph from Brendan Fraser (he adores George of the jungle). As its my daughter and I going, do we have to pay for two autographs so we can both wait in the line even though we only want one autograph? Sorry but not sure how it works

You don't have to pay for 2 auto's if you are only getting one, but everyone in the Queue needs to have a VQ ticket (I'm assuming you don't have a Diamond for him), so just get 2 VQ's and you can go up together - depending on the age of your daughter that is, if she is too young to be left on her own whilst you are in the queue and you don't have anyone with you that can look after her whilst you are in the queue, they aren't going to separate you from her.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raylenth said:

You don't have to pay for 2 auto's if you are only getting one, but everyone in the Queue needs to have a VQ ticket (I'm assuming you don't have a Diamond for him), so just get 2 VQ's and you can go up together - depending on the age of your daughter that is, if she is too young to be left on her own whilst you are in the queue and you don't have anyone with you that can look after her whilst you are in the queue, they aren't going to separate you from her.

Thanks, she will be 13 by the time we go so not young. No diamond pass (only got one for tom ellis on the sunday). Was looking at the gold tickets to see if they were worth getting to take some of the stress out of the weekend but its too late now as we've already got our sat and sun tickets 

6 minutes ago, Keepingmesane said:

Thanks, she will be 13 by the time we go so not young. No diamond pass (only got one for tom ellis on the sunday). Was looking at the gold tickets to see if they were worth getting to take some of the stress out of the weekend but its too late now as we've already got our sat and sun tickets 

She will need a VQ then so just get 2 when you collect yours.  If it were to just help with Brendan then I'd say I don't think the Gold will help much, Golds still need to get a VQ for Diamond guests, if you want to do a lot of non diamond auto's or a lot of photo's then they can be an asset but other than that, not so much.

7 minutes ago, Keepingmesane said:

It has been possible to upgrade from standard to gold passes in the past. You just need to email the shop and they will help.

• Like 1

Just now, BonesFan said:

Can you buy photo ops whilst you're there? For example if I'm there on Friday can I buy a photo op for Saturday or Sunday (if available) or during Saturday, buy for Sunday etc

If they haven't sold out, yes.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BonesFan said:

Can you buy photo ops whilst you're there? For example if I'm there on Friday can I buy a photo op for Saturday or Sunday (if available) or during Saturday, buy for Sunday etc

What Ella said. You can buy them at the sales desk (which is normally very busy so I wouldn’t risk it) or online usually right up until about 15 minutes before the shoot is scheduled to start (schedule published about a week before the con).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

What Ella said. You can buy them at the sales desk (which is normally very busy so I wouldn’t risk it) or online usually right up until about 15 minutes before the shoot is scheduled to start (schedule published about a week before the con).

Seriously?! The online store doesn't close whilst the con is on?! Wow! That's actually pretty good to know, although could end up being really bad for my bank balance! 

3 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

The desk might not be too bad if you are passing it, the fact that people can buy stuff directly on Eventbrite whilst at the show means it's now quite as busy as it used to be.  Unless they announce a huge name at the show, then it's rammed!

1 minute ago, BonesFan said:

Seriously?! The online store doesn't close whilst the con is on?! Wow! That's actually pretty good to know, although could end up being really bad for my bank balance! 

You have to be able to show the ticket on your phone if you buy online at the event so it might be worthwhile downloading the Eventbrite app if you haven't already as it will put your tickets in a wallet and makes it really easy to show them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Raylenth said:

You have to be able to show the ticket on your phone if you buy online at the event so it might be worthwhile downloading the Eventbrite app if you haven't already as it will put your tickets in a wallet and makes it really easy to show them.

Oh yeah, I have that app already downloaded it preparation! Hadn't actually looked at the app yet until now, pretty nifty! 

If I've got a diamond pass and I'm going for a photo shoot, can my parents come in the photo shoot room but not be in the photograph? For example, can they stand behind the camera or something? I've got pretty bad anxiety so I most likely wouldn't be able to go in myself. Thanks in advance

7 minutes ago, DanielNvL said:

If I've got a diamond pass and I'm going for a photo shoot, can my parents come in the photo shoot room but not be in the photograph? For example, can they stand behind the camera or something? I've got pretty bad anxiety so I most likely wouldn't be able to go in myself. Thanks in advance

As a general rule this would not be allowed, you would need to apply for an 'extra help' wristband. Details are here: https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/accessibility

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DanielNvL said:

What the ever so helpful Bear said. This would only be possible if you have an 'extra help' wristband.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, natedammit said:

As a general rule this would not be allowed, you would need to apply for an 'extra help' wristband. Details are here: https://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com/index.php/accessibility

Just now, Queen_Sindel said:

What the ever so helpful Bear said. This would only be possible if you have an 'extra help' wristband.

Perfect, thank you very much!

On 7/1/2019 at 12:14 PM, VikingGrrrl said:

You both need a VQ ticket and can both join the queue when the highest number is called. You only pay for the one auto.

On 7/1/2019 at 12:20 PM, Raylenth said:

Is that true because last year when I met Sam Neil I only got 1 VQ ticket but my dad and sister also came up with me.

1 minute ago, JokerJosh said:

Is that true because last year when I met Sam Neil I only got 1 VQ ticket but my dad and sister also came up with me.

Congratulations. You got lucky. ;)

That was not supposed to happen. What VikingGrrrl and Raylenth said is absolutely correct.

1 hour ago, JokerJosh said:

I have a DP for Tom Ellis. When I go and get my autograph can someone else come up with me as well?

No, not unless they also qualify to be able to queue up at the same time as you do (have a DP in range, have a VQ in range). No ticket, no queueing, even if you’re not getting an autograph.

10 hours ago, Mayhem said:

No, not unless they also qualify to be able to queue up at the same time as you do (have a DP in range, have a VQ in range). No ticket, no queueing, even if you’re not getting an autograph.

Thanks